Managed WordPress is our streamlined, optimized hosting platform for building and managing WordPress sites. For WordPress, Managed means we handle some basic administrative tasks, such as installing WordPress, automated daily backups, WordPress core updates and server-level caching.
- 1 What is the difference between WordPress and managed WordPress?
- 2 Is managed WordPress hosting worth it?
- 3 What are the benefits of managed WordPress hosting?
- 4 Is managed WordPress free?
- 5 Which web host is best for WordPress?
- 6 What is managed WordPress on GoDaddy?
- 7 Should I choose WordPress hosting or shared hosting?
- 8 Can you build a WordPress site without hosting?
- 9 How can I host my WordPress website for free?
- 10 What is the disadvantage of managed hosting?
- 11 Does managed WordPress have cPanel?
- 12 What is a managed hosting platform?
- 13 Can I build a website without hosting?
- 14 What Is Managed WordPress Hosting (And Do You Need It)?
- 15 What is managed WordPress hosting? Explained in more detail
- 16 The pros and cons of managed WordPress hosting
- 17 How to decide whether you need managed WordPress hosting
- 18 How to find the right managed WordPress hosting plan for your site
- 19 Conclusion
- 20 Shared vs Managed WordPress Hosting (Explained in Plain English)
- 20.1 Shared vs Managed WordPress Hosting
- 20.2 What Is Shared Hosting?
- 20.3 What Is Managed WordPress Hosting?
- 20.4 Pros and Cons of Shared Hosting
- 20.5 Pros and Cons of Managed WordPress Hosting
- 20.6 Best Shared Hosting Providers
- 20.7 1.Bluehost
- 20.8 2.SiteGround
- 20.9 3.HostGator
- 20.10 Best Managed WordPress Hosting Providers
- 20.11 1.WP Engine
- 20.12 2.Bluehost WP Pro
- 20.13 3.DreamPress by DreamHost
- 20.14 Shared or Managed WordPress Hosting – Which One is Suitable For You?
- 20.15 In Conclusion
- 21 Best Managed WordPress Hosting Services – Secure, Fast, Scalable
- 22 Next-level managed WordPress.
- 23 Always fast.Always on.
- 24 Grow your brandlike a pro.
- 25 The perfect themeto start your dream.
- 26 Now featuring:A ton of features.
- 26.0.1 Auto-scalability:
- 26.0.2 200+ edge servers:
- 26.0.3 Multi-layer caching:
- 26.0.4 High availability:
- 26.0.5 SSD Storage:
- 26.0.6 SSL:
- 26.0.7 Auto backups:
- 26.0.8 Multi-tiered security:
- 26.0.9 Malware Protection:
- 26.0.10 Spam Protection:
- 26.0.11 Free site migration:
- 26.0.12 Live Support:
- 26.0.13 Site staging:
- 26.0.14 WP-CLI/SSH access:
- 26.0.15 Jetpack:
- 26.0.16 PayPal integration:
- 26.0.17 Top shipping carriers:
- 26.0.18 Unlimited products or services:
- 27 24/7 managedWordPress support.
- 28 Grow your success with managed WordPress.
- 29 What is managed WordPress hosting?
- 30 WordPress Hosting vs. Web Hosting
- 31 Many Benefits, Few Limitations
- 32 Which Managed WordPress Hosting Plan Is Right for Me?
- 33 What is managed WordPress hosting?
- 34 Managed WordPress Hosting Defined
- 35 Extensive Service
- 36 Help to Get Started
- 37 Benefits to Managed Hosting
- 38 1. You’ll have a devoted support team
- 39 2. Optimised for WordPress
- 40 3. Monitoring and maintenance
- 41 4. Safety and Security
- 42 5. Regular Backups
- 43 Who should be your next managed WordPress hosting provider?
- 44 What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
- 45 What Does Managed WordPress Hosting Mean?
- 46 What is the Difference Between Regular WordPress Hosting and Managed WordPress Hosting?
- 47 What are the Benefits of Managed WordPress Hosting?
- 48 What are the Risks Associated with Not Having a Managed WordPress Host?
- 49 What Should You Look for in a Managed WordPress Hosting Provider?
- 50 What are the Costs of Managed WordPress Hosting?
- 51 Managed WordPress Hosting with WP Engine
What is the difference between WordPress and managed WordPress?
Only WordPress Sites Allowed: While shared hosting allows you to host any website you want including simple HTML pages, managed hosting companies only allow you to host WordPress sites on their servers.
Is managed WordPress hosting worth it?
Managed hosting is worth it if you need those features. It’s possible to handle many of these tasks yourself or install plugins to handle them for you on your non-managed website, but they do take a lot of time, and setting up plugins can leave features unselected, conflicts, and problems unresolved.
What are the benefits of managed WordPress hosting?
THE ADVANTAGES OF MANAGED WORDPRESS HOSTING
- HIGH AVAILABILITY AND UPTIME. Site availability and server uptime are crucial for any online business.
- EXPERT SUPPORT.
- A MODERN HIGH-PERFORMANCE HOSTING STACK.
- AUTOMATIC UPDATES.
- WORDPRESS SPECIFIC SECURITY.
- PREMIUM DNS.
- DEVELOPER-FRIENDLY TOOLS.
Is managed WordPress free?
Some managed WordPress hosting companies offer free site migration. They may not mention it but if you ask, they will transfer your website. Some hosting companies may offer migration service at an additional cost. You can also move your website to your new host on your own with no downtime.
Which web host is best for WordPress?
Our top 3 choices for the best WordPress hosting companies are:
- Bluehost – Best overall WordPress hosting (great value).
- SiteGround – Best WordPress support in the industry (premium hosting).
- DreamHost – Best WordPress hosting for small businesses.
What is managed WordPress on GoDaddy?
Managed WordPress is our streamlined, optimized hosting platform for building and managing WordPress sites. “Managed” for WordPress means that we handle basic hosting administrative tasks, such as installing WordPress, automated daily backups, WordPress core updates and server-level caching.
Whether you are a business owner trying to get started or you are an experienced website developer, WordPress hosting should definitely be given consideration when choosing web hosting. Its superfast speeds, as well as enhanced security features, allow WordPress hosting to stand above shared hosting in many areas.
Can you build a WordPress site without hosting?
Yes, you can build a WordPress site without hosting.
How can I host my WordPress website for free?
The Best Free WordPress Hosting Services of 2022
- AccuWeb Hosting.
- Free Hosting No Ads.
- Free Hosting.
What is the disadvantage of managed hosting?
One of the major drawbacks of managed hosting service is that the firms do not allow users the access to their control panel. They tend to control all the functions of your website for you. More importantly, the managed hosting service comes with a hefty price tag.
Does managed WordPress have cPanel?
You will not find cPanel on a managed WordPress account, because the web host takes care of basic website hosting tasks. Managed WordPress hosting includes installing WordPress, handling server-level caching, creating backups of your website, and managing WordPress core updates.
What is a managed hosting platform?
Managed dedicated hosting is an IT service model where a customer leases dedicated hardware from a managed hosting services provider like Rackspace. This solution includes servers, storage and networking hardware. Because you aren’t sharing these resources with anyone else, it’s referred to as a single-tenant solution.
Can I build a website without hosting?
Well, the short answer is yes you can build a website without hosting. However, if you are a beginner I would not recommend it, as setting up your computer to work as a hosting server can be very technical.
What Is Managed WordPress Hosting (And Do You Need It)?
The content on Themeisle is completely free. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our referral links, we receive a commission. Read on to find out more What is managed WordPress hosting, and how does it work? Overall, WordPress-specific hosting provides a variety of helpful tools to make managing, protecting, and speeding up your WordPress site easier and more comfortable for you. Instead of being a specific package, managed hosting is a description of the service you’ll receive from a provider.
Many website owners find it to be an appealing alternative as a result of this.
After that, we’ll go over the advantages and disadvantages of the option and help you determine if it’s suitable for you.
What is managed WordPress hosting? Explained in more detail
In the past, we’ve talked about the numerous kinds of hosting plans that are available. Shared hosting, for example, is a low-cost entry-level option that involves sharing a server with a large number of other customers. A Virtual Private Server (VPS) plan, on the other hand, gives you with your own private area on a server, as well as additional computing power. You can get dedicated hosting at the top of the food chain, which is pricey but offers you with an entire physical server dedicated just to your website.
The majority of hosting is unmanaged, which means that after you’ve purchased space on a server, you’re basically on your own to keep it running well.
So, just what exactly is managed WordPress hosting and how does it differ from other types of hosting?
This implies that it will handle a variety of important activities, such as maintaining your website, so that you do not have to.
The pros and cons of managed WordPress hosting
As previously said, the fundamental advantage of managed hosting is that it allows you to take a more hands-off approach to your website. As an added bonus, less technical expertise is required. Your hosting company will assist you in keeping your site in peak condition, allowing you to devote your time and energy to developing content, advertising your business, and performing other things that only you are capable of performing.
Pros of managed WordPress hosting
Because there are no established criteria for what a managed plan should look like, what you will receive will vary from provider to provider, as will the cost.
However, the majority of managed hosting choices will include the following features:
- Taking care of your website upgrades and creating frequent backups for your protection
- Perform a thorough scan of your website for security concerns and act promptly to resolve any issues that surface
- Handle speed optimization to ensure that your website is always up and operating quickly
- You should configure your virtual private server (VPS) or dedicated server to fit your requirements. Staging locations are available to assist you in safely testing changes and upgrades
- Provide a large number of assistance choices to respond to your inquiries
For the most part, we’re referring to managed WordPress hosting services in this context. As a result, your service provider will be familiar with the platform on a first-name basis. When you’re new to WordPress and don’t know much about how to optimize your site, this may be really beneficial.
Cons of managed WordPress hosting
For the most part, everything appears to be excellent, which may lead you to question where the catch is. Essentially, managed plans are more expensive than their unmanaged counterparts, which is the short answer. The price of a managed plan is greatly influenced by the source from which it is purchased. Even though the majority of entry-level shared hosting plans cost no more than $5 per month, managed hosting tends to cost between $10 and $30 per month on the lowest levels of a shared or virtual private server plan: Managed dedicated plans are significantly more expensive, but few first-time website owners require such a high level of processing capacity.
Another possible disadvantage of managed hosting is that it is more expensive.
Managed hosting eliminates this choice and forces you to rely only on your service provider for all of your needs.
Aside from that, some managed WordPress hosting restrict the use of specific plugins, such as database-intensive related posts plugins.
How to decide whether you need managed WordPress hosting
You should have figured out the answer to the question: What is managed WordPress hosting? by this point. This indicates that you are prepared to examine if it is the best option for your site. There are two important considerations to make in this situation: your money and your requirements. Obviously, you’ll only be able to choose a managed plan if you have the financial means to do so. While most solutions are not prohibitively expensive, they do need a larger initial financial commitment.
You’ll most likely fall into one of two categories, as outlined below:
- In the event that you are unfamiliar with WordPress, servers, and all of the other technical details involved in maintaining a website, managed hosting may be really beneficial. As a consequence, you’ll save both time and anxiety, and your site will be safer and more efficient. Additionally, you’ll have access to readily-available assistance anytime you want it. Alternatively, if you wish to make important decisions about your website on your own, unmanaged hosting is a better choice. It’s an excellent choice for users who have the technical knowledge to manage their own websites, as well as those who are ready to put in the effort to learn the ropes over time.
If you do determine that managed hosting is a viable choice for you, your job is not yet over. Despite the fact that there are several options, you must still select the most appropriate one.
How to find the right managed WordPress hosting plan for your site
The search for a managed WordPress hosting plan might be a bit difficult sometimes. As previously stated, there is no definitive and commonly accepted meaning for the term “managed.” The managed label can be applied to any plan by any provider, theoretically speaking. It is necessary to be cautious and ensure that you are receiving value for your money as a result of this situation. A managed plan’s features will help you assess whether or not it truly has anything unique to offer you. The following are some of the things you should look for: It is recommended that they have most or all of the main criteria we covered before.
- Following that, look at what it has to offer in terms of security and speed improvement.
- Contact the sales team through chat and ask any questions you may have if you are in any doubt.
- Finally, and maybe most importantly, ensure that the approach is tailored specifically to WordPress.
- Keep an eye out for features such as WordPress sites that have been pre-installed and pre-configured, as well as built-in plugins for backups and caching.
- To get you started, we recommend that you look over our selection of the best managed WordPress hosting plans for website owners on a tight budget first.
These plans are reasonably priced, WordPress-specific, and fully managed – making them excellent choices for anybody who needs a little assistance managing their website or blog.
If you require a web hosting plan for your website, the good news is that there are several options available. This, on the other hand, can make making a selection a little more difficult. Apart from identifying the most appropriate service provider, you must also choose which type of package is most appropriate for you and your website. As an example, while looking at plans, you could find yourself attempting to figure out exactly what managed WordPress hosting is all about. As it turns out, the aim of these plans is obvious from the name: they are designed to administer and maintain your website on your behalf.
If you’re searching for a high-quality managed WordPress hosting service, here are some locations to start your search:
Guide is available for free download.
Is it on your mind whether you should utilize shared hosting for your website or managed WordPress hosting? This is a question that continues coming up in conversation with us from time to time. As a result, we decided to write this post in order to resolve the argument between shared and managed WordPress hosting, as well as to clarify both options in clear English.
Obtaining a domain name and creating a web hosting account are the two most critical things you’ll need when launching a website. While a domain name is the address of your website, a web host is the location where the files that make up your website are stored. As a result, when a visitor inserts your website’s URL into the address bar of their web browser, the files for your website are downloaded from your web hosting account. After that, users will be able to view your live website in their browser.
But which one is most suited to your requirements?
Let’s attempt to put each of them into simple language and grasp what they’re saying.
You can have it for free!
As the name suggests, shared hosting is a web hosting option in which your website shares the resources of a single web server with the resources of a number of other websites. The biggest advantage of employing such a service is that they are accessible at a reasonable cost. Given that numerous websites are hosted on a single server, shared hosting firms may offer hosting services at a lower cost than managed hosting companies. As a result, shared hosting services will be available for as little as $2.75 per month.
Additionally, websites with little traffic, personal websites, bloggers, and small enterprises should make use of this sort of hosting service. But first, let’s speak about managed WordPress hosting, before we get into the advantages and disadvantages of shared hosting.
What Is Managed WordPress Hosting?
In the case of WordPress, managed WordPress hosting is a form of hosting service that delivers the most sophisticated technology for your WordPress site, ensuring that your site is both safe and quick. The hosting company takes care of all of the hosting-related difficulties, including backups, security checks, WordPress updates, and much more. They also give excellent customer service and will work to resolve any issues as fast as possible if they arise. To put it simply, a managed host wants you to concentrate on your business while they handle all the technical details.
In most circumstances, a managed WordPress hosting package will cost you roughly $16.95 per month at the very least.
Now that we’ve established what shared hosting is, let’s examine the advantages and disadvantages of using a shared hosting service. The advantages of shared hosting are as follows:
- Cost: One of the most significant advantages of choosing a shared hosting service is that it is less expensive, with plans starting as low as $2.75 a month
- However, there are some limitations. cPanel: Most businesses provide cPanel, which makes it simple to manage your website, domains, emails, and other aspects of your online presence. Professional email service will be provided to you at no additional cost for your accounts. This implies that you may set up a corporate email account without investing any more money.
The disadvantages of shared hosting are as follows:
- Response time is too sluggish: When compared to a managed WordPress host, your website may take longer to load because of a slow server response time. Downtime: With some shared hosting firms, you may experience frequent downtimes. Sites with a lot of traffic are not recommended: In most cases, shared hosting is appropriate for startups, small enterprises, personal websites, and anybody who does not receive a large amount of traffic.
Pros and Cons of Managed WordPress Hosting
Check out the benefits and drawbacks of utilizing managed WordPress hosting in the next section. Advantages of Managed WordPress hosting include the following:
- Daily backups ensure that your website files are always safe since managed hosting back up your site and database on a daily basis, as described above. They also provide you the option of restoring your site if you so want. Fast and secure: A managed WordPress server makes use of the most up-to-date technologies to ensure that your site loads quickly. Moreover, they look after the security of your WordPress site, ensuring that it is protected from hackers and viruses. They are in charge of the core WordPress upgrades, which allows you to keep your site safe from hackers and other malicious software. Some providers even go the extra mile by automatically upgrading your themes and plugins
- However, this is not always the case. Support: Managed WordPress hosting provide their clients with high-quality customer service. Their team is well-versed with WordPress, and you can quickly get in touch with them if you have any questions or concerns.
The disadvantages of managed WordPress hosting are as follows:
- When compared to a shared hosting service, one of the most significant downsides of choosing a managed WordPress hosting service is that it is far more expensive. Restriction on the Use of Certain Plugins: These services are geared on making your WordPress site as fast as it possibly can be. It’s a way of saying that they don’t allow you to use particular plugins that may cause your site to load slowly. Only WordPress-based websites are permitted: In contrast to shared hosting, which allows you to host whatever type of website you desire, including simple HTML pages, managed hosting firms only allow you to host WordPress sites on their computers.
We hope that after reading about the advantages and disadvantages of both forms of hosting, your misunderstanding between shared and managed WordPress hosting has been cleared up. Take a look at some of the most reliable shared hosting services available on the market today.
In addition to small companies, personal websites, and bloggers, Bluehost is one of the most popular shared hosting service providers on the market. It’s also one of the few hosting businesses that has been recommended by the WordPress.org organization, as well. In contrast to the majority of hosting businesses, Bluehost includes a free domain name for the first year with all of its plans. Consequently, you will save $14.99, which is the cost of obtaining a domain name for one year. Also included are free Let’s Encrypt SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), a one-click WordPress installation tool, free business email service, daily automated backups, and many more useful tools and resources.
Optional addons such as CDN (Content Delivery Network), domain privacy, and a unique IP address can be used to improve the functioning of your site.
Price: $2.75 per month, which includes a free domain name registration.
One of the most reliable shared hosting service providers on the market, SiteGround is a great choice for your website. And, like Bluehost, it comes highly recommended by the WordPress.org community. Because SiteGround utilizes cutting-edge technology and the most secure data centers, you can expect your websites to load quickly and be safe.
Static caching and a free CDN are also available, and the servers are powered by SSD storage. The following are some of the additional features offered by SiteGround hosting:
- Backups are performed on a daily basis to ensure data security. All of their plans include complimentary SSL certificates. Create as many professional email addresses as you want
- Support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you solve your difficulties.
SiteGround also provides a free site transfer solution with its GrowBig and higher-tiered subscription plans. Because their professionals will take care of the technical aspects, you won’t have to worry about anything. Price: $3.95 per month for the first three months.
HostGator is another another popular shared web hosting service that is ideal for those who are just getting started. It comes pre-installed with cPanel, which allows you to manage your domains, website files, database, and other resources with ease. You may also start your website right away by installing WordPress from your cPanel with a single click. With all of their hosting services, HostGator includes a free site migration service. This means that you will be able to effortlessly migrate your current websites to their hosting platform.
HostGator shared hosting is available for as little as $2.75 per month and is backed by a 45-day money-back guarantee.
Price: Starting at $2.75 per month for a 12-month commitment.
Best Managed WordPress Hosting Providers
If you intend to utilize managed WordPress hosting, the information in this part will assist you in selecting the most appropriate option for your website.
WP Engine is a managed WordPress hosting company that ranks among the finest in the industry. It is well-known for providing customers with a quick, dependable, and secure service. In addition to the features listed above, all of their plans include a free content delivery network (CDN), daily automated backups, a free Let’s Encrypt SSL, automatic caching, and a one-click staging tool (which allows you to test changes to your website in a production mode). WP Engine also takes care of the core WordPress updates, provides premium support, and offers a free site migration service at no additional cost to its customers.
You can also installWPFormsalong with themes like as Revolution Pro and Monochrome Pro in a single click, due to our relationship with StudioPress.
Price: Starting at $35 per month for a 12-month commitment.
2.Bluehost WP Pro
It is important to note that Bluehost’s managed WordPress hosting solution, WP Pro, is distinct from their shared hosting offering, which we described previously. When you host your WordPress sites with WP Pro, your sites will load quicker since their servers are designed with SSD drives and a specific amount of users is assigned to each server to maximize load time. The following are some of the features of Bluehost WP Pro:
- Backups are made on a daily basis to keep your website safe. Every package includes the ability to host an infinite number of WordPress sites. Staging environment for testing your website before launching it into the public domain
- Site performance is improved with the use of a CDN and multi-level caching.
Customers of Bluehost’s WP Pro plan will also receive a free domain name.
Their managed hosting solution, on the other hand, is pricey, with prices starting at $19.95 per month for the basic package. The cost is $19.95 each month.
3.DreamPress by DreamHost
DreamPress is a managed WordPress hosting solution provided by DreamHost that is fast, safe, and trustworthy. Those unfamiliar with DreamHost will be pleased to hear that it is one of the oldest web hosting businesses still in operation, and that it is also recommended by the WordPress.org community. Here are some of the things that DreamPress has to offer:
- Obtain a free domain name that includes privacy protection. Every day backups and the ability to recover with a single click
- Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates are available for free. Built-in caching technology to help your page load faster
In addition to the services listed above, they provide a professional website migration service with all of their plans at no additional charge. Additionally, you may contact their knowledgeable WordPress support team at any time of the day or night. Price: Starting at $16.95 per month for a 12-month commitment.
So the ultimate issue in this shared WordPress hosting versus managed WordPress hosting debate is: which one is best for your needs? A shared hosting plan is definitely the best option for you if you’re just getting started with a website. We advise small enterprises, personal websites, startups, and bloggers to steer clear of managed WordPress hosting services. The cost of acquiring a managed WordPress hosting service might be prohibitively expensive during the early stages of any company’s development.
In contrast, managed WordPress hosting is a good choice for people who have a website that receives a lot of traffic.
Furthermore, because your service providers will take care of things like backups, upgrades, and security, you won’t have to worry about them.
We hope that this post has assisted you in understanding the differences between shared and managed WordPress hosting services. If you’re wondering how much it actually costs to establish a website, have a look at our beginner’s guide on how much it really costs to start a website in 2019. Please remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to receive the latest updates from our blog. You may also ask any questions you want by leaving a comment in the section below this one.
Best Managed WordPress Hosting Services – Secure, Fast, Scalable
Don’t let a large number of visitors cause your website to load slowly. You’ll get dynamic scalability, security, speed, and customer service.
Lightning-fast website speed
Keep your website’s performance from being hindered by increased visitor traffic. Take advantage of features such as dynamic scalability, enhanced security, faster performance, and support.
Next-level managed WordPress.
You’ll get the newest add-ons and platform features that your high-traffic website need for the finest all-in-one experience. Our freshly upgraded infrastructure now includes the following features:
- Multi-layered caching to increase performance
- WordPress platform that is fully redundant
- Auto-scalability to manage traffic spikes
- Advanced analytics
- Security that is multi-tiered and includes auto-updates
Speed is increased by using multi-layered caching; Automated scalability to accommodate traffic spikes; advanced analytics. Fully redundant WordPress platform Automatic updates are included in the multi-tiered security.
Always fast.Always on.
Ensure that you are prepared for every visitor by using a consistent high-availability design, lightning-fast performance, and auto-scaling flexibility. Plans are compared.
Grow your brandlike a pro.
Control your SEO, social media, and traffic sources from a single dashboard, which includes keyword selection, content enhancement tips, and auto-sharing to Twitter and Facebook, among other functions. Get Access to Useful Resources for:
- Insights regarding client behavior gleaned from analytics
- Advice for increasing traffic through SEO
- Manage your company reviews in a streamlined manner
Get Things Started
The perfect themeto start your dream.
It is possible to choose from hundreds of free and paid website themes in the Bluehost marketplace. Choose one that best matches your personal style and get to work. Get Things Started
Now featuring:A ton of features.
Our managed WordPress solution is jam-packed with useful features that will assist you in making the most of every opportunity.
There are several helpful elements in our managed WordPress solution that will assist you in taking advantage of every opportunity available to you.
200+ edge servers:
It’s as if your website is hosted everywhere, thanks to a content delivery network (CDN) with over 200 worldwide locations that stores and delivers material swiftly.
Our customized caching solution optimizes your website so that information loads as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Platform uptime is more than 99.9 percent due to complete redundancy across the platform.
Our storage system has been optimized for performance by using an SSD caching layer.
With free SSL Encryption included on all plans, you can help to keep your customers’ data safe.
Daily backups ensure that you can recover lost data, corrupted files, or client information with a single click of a button if the need arises.
Website defense includes Web Application Firewall (WAF), DDoS, brute force attack prevention, and bot filtering, among other features.
You may have piece of mind knowing that malware is being detected and removed on a daily basis.
We use Akismet to prevent hazardous or undesired content from ever reaching the comment area of your website.
Free site migration:
Transferring your existing WordPress website to our platform is a simple and painless process.
We’ll be there for you whenever you need us. Free of charge, you may go through any problems you’re having with a Bluehost specialist.
Using our staging area, you may test new designs or copy without affecting your current website before they go live on your server.
If you’re an experienced WordPress user who wants advanced access, you’ve come to the right place.
A number of advantages are provided by this powerful plugin, including improved site search and the possibility to monetise your site with one-click ad generation.
PayPal, the industry-leading payment processing solution, allows you to manage payment processing in over 60 countries around the world.
Top shipping carriers:
With your selection of carriers, you can make shipping your items both cost-effective and simple.
Unlimited products or services:
With our Scale Managed WordPress package, you may make as much money as you want online.
24/7 managedWordPress support.
Bluehost provides hosting for millions of websites throughout the world.
Allow our professionals to assist you in efficiently developing and growing your managed WordPress website.
There may be additional charges for international calls.
Absolutely. Irrespective of whether you are a complete newcomer to WordPress or an experienced devotee, managed WordPress provides you with everything you need to create and maintain a superb WordPress website.
What are the top features of managed WordPress?
Marketing and Promotions Center Manage all of your traffic channels, including SEO, social media, and email, from a single dashboard. You can track the performance of your website and marketing initiatives all from the same dashboard interface. Detailed Analytical Reports On a daily, monthly, or yearly basis, keep track of the amount of visitors coming to your website. Do you already make use of Google Analytics? The Marketing Center makes it simple to link your existing Google Analytics account so that you can see all of your traffic channels in one place.
The fact that all managed WordPress servers are designed using Solid State Drives (SSDs) means that your website will run better than websites hosted on traditional hard disk drives (HDDs).
Managed WordPress allows you to take advantage of the fastest WordPress hosting currently available.
What is managed WordPress?
Our managed WordPress platform is a fully-managed WordPress hosting environment, allowing you to concentrate on developing your website with content that is unique to you while we take care of the day-to-day maintenance of your server and the applications that keep your website operating smoothly.
In the event that you are currently satisfied with our Shared Hosting plan, switching to managed WordPress will give you with a considerable increase in website speed as well as integrated administration features. Without charging you anything more, we will even move your site for you instantly (a $149 value). Shared hosting is ideal for people who are just starting started, while managed WordPress is the platform of choice for those who want to convert their website into a business.
Grow your success with managed WordPress.
Get Things Started
What is managed WordPress hosting?
Even though there are many different Content Management Systems (CMS) available, WordPress remains to be the industry leader. WordPress is estimated to power at least 30 percent of all worldwide websites, according to the most conservative estimations. So, what is it about WordPress that people prefer? Because it has developed into something much more than a content management system; it has now become the ultimate platform on which you can publish virtually anything you want. With WordPress, you can create anything from a basic blog to a large media site, an e-commerce store to an elaborate portfolio.
- While you’re probably already familiar with WordPress, you might not be familiar with WordPress Hosting or Managed WordPress Hosting, which are two terms that should be known to you.
- What is Managed WordPress Hosting, and how does it work?
- In plain English, this simply means that the hosting provider is in charge of the technical elements of operating WordPress (hum, manages them).
- A luxury WordPress experience will be provided to you, rather than little chocolates on your pillow or last-minute dinner reservations at the swankiest restaurant in town.
WordPress Hosting services provide you with the reliability and peace of mind that you need to concentrate on operating your business, whatever it may be, without having to worry about maintaining your website or updating it.
WordPress Hosting vs. Web Hosting
WordPress must initially be installed, just like any other piece of software. How? In accordance with the hosting plan of your choosing. While some may choose to use a website builder with a straightforward drag-and-drop interface, others may prefer to use Shared Hosting services. Neither, however, requires professional installation; in fact, the process of installing them can be rather hard, especially for novices. Conventional WordPress installation involved downloading the software from WordPress, re-uploading it to your web host of choice, and going through a variety of technical processes along the way.
- This would take several hours in the worst-case situation, and even in the best-case scenario for experienced web workers, this would be a time-consuming process.
- So, what is the difference between Managed WordPress and Shared WordPress Hosting?
- WordPress managed hosting also comes with an intuitive dashboard access that lets you to update, manage, and backup all of your future installations with the click of a button.
- To refresh your memory, cPanel is a control panel that allows you to manage your hosting environment.
- Moreover, owing to cloud server technology, your website will be able to handle any unexpected increases in traffic on its own.
- Your website is far less likely to face slowdowns as a result of this.
- Despite the fact that shared hosting is flexible in principle, it might experience server slowdowns if another website unexpectedly receives a large amount of traffic.
- However, with Shared Hosting, you get direct access to cPanel, which is ideal if you’re hosting more than one website, or if you’re planning to transfer to a new software platform in the near future.
All that is required is that you log in. That’s not too shabby, is it? Our Managed WordPress Hosting (EasyWP) and Shared Hosting services are available to help you get started with your WordPress-powered website. The differences are listed in our convenient comparison chart below.
|Namecheap EasyWP||Namecheap Shared Hosting||GoDaddy WordPress Hosting|
|Price||From $3.88/month||From $2.88/month||From $12.99/month|
|Hosting Platform||Namecheap’s cloud, which is optimized for WordPress.||cPanel + CloudLinux, which is optimized for general usage.||Shared Hosting with GoDaddy’s dashboard|
|Architecture||Kubernetes with each website in its own container, guaranteeing uptime and performance.||Shared server on distributed storage for flexibility and reliability.||Shared Hosting platform|
|CDN||Yes (Free)||Coming Soon||Yes|
|SSL||Yes (Free)*||Yes (Free)||Premium Plans Only|
|Websites||1||Up to 3||1|
|Suitable For?||Ideal for beginners and advanced users alike, EasyWP only supports WordPress websites.||Ideal for intermediate and advanced users, Shared Hosting not only supports WordPress but also a variety of content management systems, e.g. Joomla or Drupal.||Ideal for beginners.|
*At this time, the free PositiveSSL functionality is only available for domains registered via Namecheap. Keep an eye out for support for foreign domains.
Many Benefits, Few Limitations
WordPress is quickly becoming the most powerful web standard because of its ease of use. What you can anticipate from managed WordPress Hosting is that it will provide you with useful information that you can apply to practically every sort of website. Here’s what you can expect:
- Faster website loading times — managed WordPress hosting servers are WordPress-configured and solely operate WordPress-based websites.
- The tightest protection available, which searches for viruses and hackers, provides you with additional peace of mind
- Total security
- In contrast to other web providers, managed WordPress hosting has a team of specialists on hand to assist you with anything and everything pertaining to your WordPress account
- Expert advice
- In order to deliver exceptional availability and flexibility, the finest WordPress hosting services depend on cutting-edge cloud technology, which is capable of handling all types of traffic surges.
- Daily backups — ensure that the material you generate is safe and secure at all times.
- Automatic updates – did you forget to update your software? It has already been completed
- There will be no downtime since your website will not slow down regardless of how much traffic it receives.
- Improved user experience — dashboards, interfaces, and control panels that are easy to use are particularly beneficial for people who manage several websites.
- With managed WordPress hosting, you won’t have to worry about any backend clutter or code because the provider will take care of everything for you
- No backend hassles
Which Managed WordPress Hosting Plan Is Right for Me?
Managed WordPress hosting is a great option for small company owners, startups, and solopreneurs looking to expand their online presence. The reason for this is that when you pick a managed WordPress hosting company, you are now able to offload responsibilities that were previously handled by a small team in-house. This redistribution allows you and your team to devote more time and energy to more vital tasks, such as building your business and providing the greatest content possible. A managed WordPress host will also provide superior levels of security and speed for your WordPress website since they optimize your WordPress website at the server level.
- Managed WordPress hosting takes care of all of the backend optimization for you, saving you time and effort.
- EasyWP provides great value to its consumers by providing a super-quick installation time (30 seconds, to be exact), dependability, performance, and the aforementioned cloud technology, among other features and benefits.
- And it gets better from there.
- You might wonder, what exactly is CDN.
- Not only does it apply to your web pages, but it also applies to HD films, audio files, and other types of media.
- As the number of visitors to your WordPress website increases, your website will scale accordingly.
- Never again will you be concerned about PHP versions or have to spend a significant amount of time undergoing comprehensive technical training.
In the business world, time is money, and managed WordPress automatically recognizes this by removing the intermediary (aka the regular backend of hosting). Managed WordPress hosting is a great choice for everybody, regardless of their budget or technical skill level.
What is managed WordPress hosting?
Photo credit: StockSnap / Pixabay (Image courtesy of Pixabay) In what way is a managed WordPress site different from a self-hosted one? To comprehend this, it is necessary to first comprehend the concept of hosting in general. Website hosting is the process of putting your website data on a public computer (also known as a server) in order to make it accessible to others. Visitors will be able to access your website on their browser if they know the address of your website. Because so few individuals own their own servers, the most common method of accomplishing this is to rent space from so-called hosting companies (who in turn rent servers in data centers).
- They often provide a variety of hosting packages that include varying levels of service for different price ranges.
- It simply means that you will be provided with server space on which to host your website, and that the service provider will be responsible for maintaining the servers operational.
- It is not possible for anybody to manage the upload of your site for you, nor will they monitor or conduct maintenance activities on your site.
- If you are unsure of what managed hosting is, this piece will explain what it is and how it might benefit you in further depth, so read on.
- You’ll also find out who these service providers are, as well as some interesting facts about each of them.
Managed WordPress Hosting Defined
To begin, what exactly is managed hosting? Let’s speak about it first, and then we’ll go into the specifics of using WordPress.
Managed hosting refers to a host who provides a variety of services in addition to server space, all of which make maintaining your website much easier. While unmanaged hosting companies also provide packages with a variety of features (for example, varying amounts of storage space or priority support), managed hosting goes a step further in providing a more personalized experience. When you host a managed WordPress website, your hosting company will take care of many of the responsibilities that would normally be the responsibility of the site’s administrator.
The activities performed by managed hosting companies are often divided into two categories: management at the highest level and management at the lowest level.
This implies that a host’s staff is in charge of maintaining and administering your website, and that they will give assistance in the event that your website experiences a spike in traffic that causes it to crash.
Administrating applications at the application-level is a more technical and high-level function. These services include things like backing up your website, performing updates, maintaining WordPress plugins, and putting in place security measures to keep your website safe from cyber threats.
Help to Get Started
It is understood to indicate that the host provides a variety of services in addition to server space, which will make operating your website much easier and more convenient for you. While unmanaged hosting companies also provide packages with a variety of features (for example, varying amounts of storage space or priority support), managed hosting goes a step further in providing a more customized experience. Your hosting provider will take care of many of the chores that would normally fall on your shoulders as a site owner if you have a managed WordPress website setup.
Managed hosting services typically provide two degrees of management for the activities they perform: administrative and technical.
As a result, a host’s team is in charge of handling and administering your website, as well as providing help should you have a spike in traffic, which results in your website experiencing a crash.
The administration of applications at the application-level is more technical and high-level.
Benefits to Managed Hosting
A lot of advantages are provided by managed hosting in comparison to unmanaged hosting.
1. You’ll have a devoted support team
As previously said, one of the most significant advantages of managed hosting is the hands-on approach that a team of specialists will give to you. Technical difficulties may arise on any website, and attempting to resolve them on your own can consume a significant amount of time and energy. It would be a huge relief to have someone directly assist you in resolving any troubles you may be experiencing. These teams are often accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist you with any questions or problems you may have.
By concentrating just on WordPress, the support staff will have a greater degree of understanding than the usual support team that is responsible for a number of different platforms at once.
2. Optimised for WordPress
A managed WordPress hosting company, following on from the preceding point, will be able to give an optimized environment that has been fine-tuned to operate with WordPress since they will have concentrated their efforts on a single platform. As a result, the levels of performance and uptime are enhanced significantly. For example, on a shared hosting account, you’ll often employ Content Delivery Networks (CDNs) in conjunction with caching plugins to ensure that your pages load as fast as possible.
Good managed WordPress hosting companies, on the other hand, will take care of this for you and ensure that your pages load quickly without you having to do anything additional.
3. Monitoring and maintenance
When compared to support, having website services implies that a member of the host’s staff will check on your website on a regular basis and look for any suspicious behavior. They will also take care of the upkeep and maintenance of your website, as well as any technological concerns that may arise. You may thus relax knowing that there are individuals working in the background who are already taking care of this things instead of being confronted with a problem and being forced to await assistance.
For example, if a new crucial WordPress update is released, you can rely on your managed WordPress hosting company to handle it on your behalf.
4. Safety and Security
Managed hosting can provide greater levels of security than unmanaged hosting. It is possible that you take excellent care of your website, but you may not have a plan in place for dealing with bugs, spam, or any other cyber breaches that may arise. Furthermore, if you are the primary person responsible for the security of your website, you may not have the same resources as a hosting company’s team of security professionals. This is a benefit of managed hosting since your host and their team will already have a strategy in place as well as the resources and skills to deal with any difficulties that may arise promptly and effectively.
5. Regular Backups
Backups, as we’ve discussed previously, are essential for data protection, but we don’t always have the time to conduct them on a regular basis. This is why it’s critical to pay close attention to the packages offered by a managed hosting company and to check for information about their backup procedures. Some providers create backups every night or every day, while others only make backups once a week. You must first choose how frequently you want your website to be backed up and then search for the solution that best suits your needs.
Who should be your next managed WordPress hosting provider?
Managing all facets of a WordPress website on one’s own may be a time-consuming task. WordPress hosting that is not managed is virtually a part-time job. You must regularly check your website, make frequent backups, conduct upgrades, and execute a variety of other tasks. Try to manage everything on your own, or even split it between you and someone else, may be exhausting and time-consuming. If you aren’t a computer specialist, it may be quite irritating to attempt to resolve problems on your own time.
However, help may arrive in the form of a “FAQ” or by writing an email and waiting for a response that might take days.
It alleviates this tension by its dedicated assistance, comprehensive range of services, and enhanced security.
As a result, we have produced a list of the finest Managed WordPress hosting services for your convenience.
- Nick Schaeferhoff is a WordPress specialist that writes for WP-Engine
- He is also a blogger.
What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
When it comes to establishing an online presence, creating a visually appealing WordPress website is only half of the game. You’ll need a place to host your website if you want to make it available to the public. The question is, with so many alternatives available—managed vs. unmanaged, shared vs. dedicated—how do you know which one to pick? Managing WordPress hosting, how it varies from ordinary hosting, and what to look for in a hosting company are all topics we’ll cover in order to assist you in making your selection.
What Does Managed WordPress Hosting Mean?
First and foremost, it is important to comprehend what is meant by “managed” hosting. Managed hosting, also known as dedicated hosting, is when a web hosting company grants a client access to their server for the purpose of hosting their website. The web host is in charge of everything from optimization to security to maintenance to regular updates and everything in between. For the most part, a managed host will take care of most, if not all, of your website hosting requirements. In light of this, what exactly is managed WordPress hosting?
In order to deliver a flawless WordPress hosting experience, a managed WordPress host has optimized its infrastructure and educated its technical support personnel.
What is the Difference Between Regular WordPress Hosting and Managed WordPress Hosting?
There are a few key distinctions between these two popular web hosting services. The term “standard” WordPress hosting refers to unmanaged hosting on a shared server, which is the most common type of WordPress hosting. These shared servers may host hundreds of websites at the same time, allowing their resources to be shared across a large number of customers. Typically, while using managed WordPress hosting, the server-to-client ratio is 1:10. (though managed shared hosting does exist). Having a dedicated server has a number of advantages, including faster speed and greater security.
The other distinction between standard WordPress hosting and managed WordPress hosting is the level of help you receive from your provider.
If you sign up for a conventional hosting package, you’ll generally be responsible for your own backups and upgrades.
What are the Benefits of Managed WordPress Hosting?
An affordable managed WordPress hosting package is an excellent choice for anyone who has an established web presence or is just starting out in the commercial world. Here are just a few examples of how your website might benefit from using a managed hosting service to give you a better understanding of the possibilities.
1 Dedicated Support
When using a shared hosting plan, it might be difficult to get in touch with a customer support representative. And even if you do, it is possible that they will not have the specialized knowledge to fix your problem. Managed WordPress hosting nearly usually includes round-the-clock assistance from a team of WordPress specialists with years of experience. Furthermore, you will be provided with both reactive and proactive help. When a crash occurs, you’ll be able to get in touch with someone right away.
Because of the high quality of customer service provided by managed WordPress hosts, they are an excellent choice for both experienced site developers and computer beginners.
As a result, you can rest certain that you will be able to get assistance when you want it and concentrate your efforts elsewhere while a team of seasoned WordPress specialists administers and monitors your site.
2 Regular Backups
Nobody wants to lose all of their progress, whether they’re deep in the original Super Mario World or trying to develop a new area of their WordPress site. A managed WordPress service can automate regular backups of your website and store them in a secure location, removing the possibility of a worst-case scenario occurring on your website. The majority of managed hosts preserve backups for at least 14 days. In the event of a coding error or a security breach, you will be able to swiftly restore functionality.
3 Designed for WordPress
Many content management systems (CMS), such as Drupal, Joomla, and others, are hosted by certain web hosting companies. As a result, their infrastructure places a premium on adaptability above high quality. A managed WordPress host is a web server that is solely dedicated to WordPress. Everything, from caching to WAF (Web Application Firewall), has been optimized for WordPress sites, resulting in increased performance and security for you and your customers.
4 Focus on Growing Your Business
Many content management systems (CMS), such as Drupal, Joomla, and others, are hosted by some web hosting service providers. The infrastructure of these companies is designed for variety rather than for high quality. A managed WordPress host is a web host that is solely focused on WordPress and no other platform. Everything, from caching to WAF (Web Application Firewall), has been optimized for WordPress sites, resulting in increased performance and security for you and your visitors.
What are the Risks Associated with Not Having a Managed WordPress Host?
In the event that your website is based on WordPress, working with a managed WordPress host is not only more convenient, but it is also safer and more dependable as well. When working with an unmanaged shared server, you expose yourself to unnecessarily dangerous situations. Some topics to think about are as follows:
1 Security Threats
On a shared server, a security breach on one website can cause issues for all of the websites on the server. The mere act of accessing a shared directory is all that is required for a hacker to compromise your site. The majority of the time, these shared servers do not provide any protection against cyberattacks, malware, or spyware. A reputable managed WordPress host, on the other hand, will have both passive and active security measures in place to protect you. Firewalls, two-factor authentication, and platform-level protection are all standard practice these days.
Another security risk arises as a result of not keeping up with software updates.
Unmanaged hosts will not automatically upgrade their servers, which may explain why less than half of WordPress users are running the most recent versions of PHP and WordPress on their computers.
A managed WordPress host will take care of updating these for you, ensuring that your website remains secure.
2 Suboptimal Performance
Your website’s performance will suffer as a result of overburdened shared servers, and sluggish websites will lose out on conversions. These service providers are also unable to cope with increases in traffic. A terrible user experience results, and your website’s SEO value is reduced, its Alexa ranking is dropped, its bounce rate from pages is increased, and other negative consequences are experienced by your users. Furthermore, without a managed hosting package, you are restricted to employing just a limited number of data centers that are located far away from your consumers.
Using managed hosting services, you may decrease network latency and give clients with a lightning-fast experience.
They’ll also take care of caching for you, which will reduce load time and improve the visitor experience overall.
3 Increased Downtime
As a result of an increase in traffic experienced by you or another member of a shared server, your website may become unstable, resulting in downtime. In the event that assistance is difficult to reach (as is frequently the case with unmanaged hosting), you might wind up with hours of wasted time, visitors, and transactions on your hands. This is a legitimate issue, given the numerous ways in which your website might go down. It is essential to maintain your website operational since downtime may cost small businesses up to $427 per minute and huge enterprises up to $9,000 per minute.
What Should You Look for in a Managed WordPress Hosting Provider?
The use of managed hosting is beneficial for practically all websites, but not all service providers are made equal. When looking for a managed WordPress server, be certain that you are obtaining all of the following features.
1 24/7 Support
Your support crew should be available at all times, just like the internet does. Your managed hosting provider should have a support crew that is scattered throughout several time zones to ensure that your site is never left unattended, even if they should be sleeping. It is vital to have customer service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from your provider—especially if you run a multinational organization.
2 Free and Easy Migration
Switching from your existing solution to a managed WordPress hosting provider can be a time-consuming process that might result in mistakes in some situations. Look for a service or plugin that offers a clear, free migration service or tool.
3 User-Friendly Staging Sites
The opportunity to test any modifications before they are implemented is quite valuable. In light of the foregoing, search for a managed WordPress hosting company that offers one-click staging sites. It is possible to generate a replica of your website with a single click in order to experiment with different plugins and upgrades. Current users will not be impacted in any way.
Of course, picking a managed hosting package that is within your current financial constraints is critical. But, when your company expands, will your managed hosting provider be able to expand alongside you?
Ideally, your preferred service provider will provide a variety of options that will allow you to scale up as your website grows in popularity. If you pick a managed hosting service that you will outgrow in the future, you will be required to move your site at some point in time.
5 Positive Testimonials or Endorsements
Last but not least, look for a managed WordPress server with a track record of success. Before making a selection on a managed hosting provider, get advice from reputable publications and industry peers.
What are the Costs of Managed WordPress Hosting?
Costs for managed web hosting are adjustable, just like many other components of the service. They are determined by your requirements. Base-level services may be purchased for as little as $25 per month, with prices increasing as you add more bandwidth, storage, and active sites. At the top end of the spectrum, managed hosting can cost up to $250 per month or more. In most cases, a premium plan provides monthly visitor capacity in the hundreds of thousands, up to 50GB of local storage space, and up to 500GB of bandwidth per month.
Is Managed WordPress Hosting Worth the Cost?
At the end of the day, managed WordPress hosting is an excellent investment. With the affordable monthly cost of an entry-level plan, small companies may take advantage of several features, such as threat detection, automated backups, custom WordPress themes, and support available at all hours of the day and night. WordPress expenses only rise in tandem with your increasing bandwidth requirements, thus more costly options continue to provide good value for money. As your company grows, a managed WordPress hosting provider will be able to increase its services to accommodate your needs.
Managed WordPress Hosting with WP Engine
You need go no farther than WP Engine if you’re seeking for managed WordPress hosting that provides all you’re looking for and more. Our WordPress hosting plans are trusted by renowned businesses and recognized by PC Magazine, making them among of the finest in the market. Without any danger, you may try it out with a 60-day money back guarantee. Let’s work together to make your website a success—contact us immediately to learn more.