Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder for WordPress. This plugin helps you create beautiful pages using a visual editor. It’s designed for you to build dynamic websites quickly. You can customize your website to fit your brand with motion effects, multiple fonts, and enhanced background images.
- 1 Is Elementor free with WordPress?
- 2 How does Elementor work in WordPress?
- 3 Which is better Elementor or WordPress?
- 4 Do I need Elementor?
- 5 Is Elementor good for SEO?
- 6 Can I use Elementor with any theme?
- 7 Who uses Elementor?
- 8 Is Elementor easy to use?
- 9 Why is Elementor good?
- 10 Is Elementor like Wix?
- 11 Which website builder is best?
- 12 Can I use Elementor for free?
- 13 Do I have to pay for Elementor every year?
- 14 Elementor: #1 Free WordPress Website Builder
- 15 One Platform, Unlimited Web Creations
- 16 Build and Host Your Website,All With Elementor
- 17 Elevate Your SkillsGrow Professionally
- 18 Join Our Community of Web Creators
- 19 Find Your NextProject With Elementor Experts
- 20 Meet Elementor’sLive Editor
- 21 The Beginner’s Guide to Using Elementor in WordPress
- 22 What is Elementor?
- 23 How to Install Elementor
- 24 How to Use Elementor in WordPress
- 25 How to Use Advanced Features in Elementor
- 26 Frequently Asked Questions About Elementor
- 27 Build Your WordPress Website with Elementor
- 28 Elementor Website Builder
- 28.0.1 The Leading WebsitePage Builder
- 28.0.2 Faster. Much Faster.
- 28.0.3 Live design. Truly Live.
- 28.0.4 Professional Features Right Out of the Box
- 28.0.5 100s of Pre-Designed TemplatesBlocks
- 28.0.6 Responsive Live Editing
- 28.0.7 40+ free widgets and counting
- 28.0.8 Take it a step further with Elementor Pro
- 28.0.9 Translated to 59+ LanguagesRTL supported.
- 28.0.10 Developer API.
- 28.0.11 Be a contributor
- 28.0.12 Security Report
- 28.0.13 Documentation and Support
- 28.0.14 Liked Elementor?
- 29 Elementor Review: How Does This WordPress Page Builder Stack Up?
- 30 What’s the benefit of using Elementor?
- 31 What is Elementor?
- 32 How the Elementor interface works
- 33 Six specific Elementor features that help make it great
- 34 Elementor Pro lets you build your theme with drag and drop + more
- 35 Other third-party extensions extend Elementor even further
- 36 Elementor review: Final thoughts on this page builder
- 37 Pros
- 38 Cons
- 39 Elementor Free vs Pro Differences: Here’s How to Choose the Right One
- 40 What you’ll get in the free version of Elementor
- 41 The differences between Elementor free vs pro
- 42 How to choose between Elementor free vs pro for your own website
- 43 Conclusion
- 44 Elementor – Wikipedia
- 45 History
- 46 Reception
- 47 References
- 48 External links
Is Elementor free with WordPress?
Elementor is the ultimate & free WordPress drag-and-drop editor, that lets you create beautiful WordPress websites in the easiest and quickest way possible.
How does Elementor work in WordPress?
How to Use Elementor?
- Install Elementor. In order to install Elementor, make sure you have your WordPress installation ready.
- Edit a new page with Elementor.
- Insert an Elementor Template.
- Make the template full-width.
- Understand the structure of Elementor.
- Add a widget.
- Change background image.
- Change fonts.
Which is better Elementor or WordPress?
Both Divi and Elementor are two of the better WordPress page builder plugins when it comes to the design and style options that you get access to. But in general, both offer more style and design options than the average WordPress page builder plugin.
Do I need Elementor?
Do you need Elementor Pro? If you just want to create basic styled pages, the free version of Elementor should have enough power. In fact, Elementor probably offers the most feature-rich free version of any page builder.
Is Elementor good for SEO?
Ever since the introduction of page builders in general people have been asking questions like “Is Elementor bad for SEO?” as well. The truth is, in short no. It isn’t.
Can I use Elementor with any theme?
With the release of Elementor Theme Builder, you can work with any theme and design its header, footer, single posts, archive page, and more.
Who uses Elementor?
Slack, Google Fonts, Google Maps, Mailchimp, and HubSpot are some of the popular tools that integrate with Elementor. Here’s a list of all 12 tools that integrate with Elementor.
Is Elementor easy to use?
Elementor is a WordPress page builder that has taken WordPress web design by storm. It has the deepest feature set, yet is very easy to use and master. Elementor is the most full-featured free page builder. There is also a Pro add-on to add additional developer features.
Why is Elementor good?
Elementor is the easiest to grasp of the page builders, and it’s also the one that delivers you the most features for free. Essentially, it’s the perfect DIY solution for people who want to create awesome page designs all on their own without having any coding skills, HTML or CSS knowledge.
Is Elementor like Wix?
Elementor affords more control over placement and design than Wix. Wix is a platform best for individuals and small- to medium-sized businesses, while Elementor works well with individuals and businesses of any size. Wix has an App Market of widgets.
Which website builder is best?
11 Best Website Builders of 2022
- Wix – Best overall.
- Squarespace – Best template designs.
- GoDaddy – Fastest way to build a website.
- Weebly – Fantastic free plan.
- Zyro – Best up-and-coming builder.
- Jimdo Creator – Best value for money.
- Duda – Best for pure, polished web design.
Can I use Elementor for free?
Elementor offers a free plan as well as multiple paid subscription plans. The free version comes with all the features you need to create a strong user experience on your site, including a drag-and-drop editor, 40+ basic widgets, and 30+ templates.
Do I have to pay for Elementor every year?
Is the price of Elementor Pro a one-time fee, monthly or yearly fee? The pricing, as we write in our pricing page, is a YEARLY fee. Each year your license will auto-renew. This means you will continue to receive premium support, Pro templates, and updates.
Elementor: #1 Free WordPress Website Builder
With WordPress as the #1 online creation platform, you can join our community of millions of web creators who work together to develop websites and expand their businesses.
Live DragDrop Editor
The visual builder in Elementor allows you to create and configure any aspect of your website in a straightforward manner. There is no need for coding.
A widget for every necessity, as well as complete modification flexibility, will help you achieve your design objectives.
Easily create faultless websites by customizing the positions, padding, and margins, as well as the global settings for colors and typefaces.
One Platform, Unlimited Web Creations
Elementor allows you to create everything from landing pages and ecommerce storefronts to full-fledged websites and everything in between. BusinessServices PortfolioCV Creative Ecommerce EventsEntertainment Landing Pages MediaBlogs HealthWellnessBusinessServices PortfolioCV Creative Ecommerce EventsEntertainment Landing Pages MediaBlogs HealthWellnessBusinessServices PortfolioCV Creative Ecommerce EventsEntertainment Landing Pages MediaBlogsHealthWellness
Advanced Web Creation
Use complex animations, custom CSS, independent responsive designs, and other features to create one-of-a-kind websites.
Create consistent web designs and streamline your projects with the help of a bespoke template library and global design configurations.
Remove the need for several plugins from your system. Elementor allows you to create great websites while also increasing your page speed.
Build and Host Your Website,All With Elementor
You’ll get all you need from beginning to conclusion. Create and publish your website all in one location with Elementor Pro, which includes hosting and WordPress installation as part of the package. “Elementor was the first time I felt a good balance between the freedom to design what you want and the flexibility to make the process easy and even enjoyable.” “It was the first time I felt a good balance between the freedom to design what you want and the flexibility to make the process easy and even enjoyable.” Mordi Levi is a designer, illustrator, and the owner of the Mindcube design studio.
Elevate Your SkillsGrow Professionally
Our materials and tools are intended to assist you in your efforts to learn, grow, and develop your talents at all levels.
Get professional advice on anything web-related, as well as the newest Elementor news and updates.
Access hundreds of video lessons and courses on anything related to web design and development.
Learn about the technology, infrastructure, and code logic that power Elementor’s internal operations.
This is the place to go for step-by-step instructions on how to use Elementor. “Elementor is a fantastic piece of software, but the greatest part is the community and the talented engineers that created it.” The fact that Elementor will be around for years to come instills tremendous confidence in me about the product’s overall quality.” Regent Web Design is owned and operated by Brandon Duncan, who is also the creative director.
Join Our Community of Web Creators
Visit the Community Hub to network with and learn from other web designers, as well as to be the first to learn about new product changes.
0M+ Websites Developed Using Elementor0K+ Members of the Elementor Global Community0+Tutorials, Webinars, Courses, and More
Add-Ons by Our Users
Professionals from our community have created bespoke Elementor add-ons, allowing us to expand our already extensive collection of website designs and widgets.
Build Your Own
Due to the fact that Elementor is an open-source tool with a comprehensive API, it allows you to customize and extend our product by creating your own templates and widgets.
Find Your NextProject With Elementor Experts
Find a developer, designer, or business professional to work on your project, or apply to be hired as an expert in your area of expertise yourself.
Grow Your Business
Easily build your expert profile, showcase your finest work, and be paid for tasks in the design, marketing, and development fields.
Hire an Expert
Find a designer, marketer, or developer to assist you with your next project by searching through our Elementor specialists list.
Collaborate With Others
Join our professional network to exchange information, discuss hacks, and collaborate with other experts.
Meet Elementor’sLive Editor
Visualize and then design your website from the ground up. No coding is necessary; simply drag and drop any widget or component into your canvas.
The Beginner’s Guide to Using Elementor in WordPress
It used to take a lot of back and forth between web developers, copywriters, and project managers to get a website up and running two or three decades ago. It took months merely to make a few minor adjustments to your website, and that was only the beginning. It is no longer required to know how to code in order to create appealing websites. Page builders such asElementor make it extremely simple for non-coders to design whatever type of WordPress website they desire. In this article, you’ll discover all you need to know about Elementor and how it may assist you in creating a visually appealing website.
What is Elementor?
Elementor is a page builder for WordPress that allows you to drag and drop elements into the page. This plugin allows you to build visually appealing pages by utilizing a visual editor. It is intended to allow you to create dynamic websites in a short period of time. This WordPress plugin is an all-in-one solution that allows you to manage all aspect of your website design from a single platform. Motion effects, various fonts, and improved background photos are some of the ways you may personalize your website to match your brand.
Why You Should Use Elementor
Elementor is effective for all of the experts on your team. If you’re not tech-savvy, the visual editor allows you the freedom to drag and drop any of the 90+ widgets to build content, such as buttons, star ratings, and progress bars, to your desired location. WordPress remains a top-of-the-line platform for WordPress developers, thanks to features like as script optimization, custom attributes, and rollback versions.
What Can You Build With Elementor?
Elementor is a powerful tool that can be used to create anything, from whole websites to specialized landing pages. Designing sales sites, promotional pages, and even bespoke forms are all possible. If you can envision it, our platform can assist you in making it a reality. Take a look at this restaurant website that was created using Elementor. Image courtesy of Shutterstock
Is Elementor free?
As well as a free plan, Elementor provides a variety of different premium subscription programs. The free edition includes all of the tools you’ll need to build a compelling user experience on your website, including a drag-and-drop editor, 40+ basic widgets, and 30+ templates.
You may subscribe to the pro edition if you want to have access to more sophisticated features such as the ability to add forms and customize CSS. The pricing of Elementor is divided into three categories:
- $49/year for one site
- $99/year for three sites
- $199/year for twenty-five sites
- $499/year for one hundred sites
- $999/year for one thousand sites
Undecided? Elementor has produced a thorough, easy-to-scan list of the features that are available for purchase vs free use.
How to Install Elementor
Installing Elementor is similar to installing other WordPress plugins in that it is quick and straightforward. There are two options for completing the task.
Installing Elementor via Elementor.com
Step 1: Navigate to Elementor.com and click on the Get Started button. Step 2:To create an account, enter your email address and password in the appropriate fields. Step 3: Respond to a few questions about who the website is intended for and how much experience you have with website development and maintenance. Step 4: Decide on the method via which you want to construct your website. Alternatively, you may purchase a package that contains the Elementor Pro plugin in addition to a WordPress installation and hosting service.
- We’ll use the Free plan for the sake of this demonstration.
- Step 6: Once the compatibility of your website has been validated, click Install Elementor.
- The Elementor plugin page will be displayed if you are already logged in.
- Install Now may be found at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Step 8: To activate the plugin, click on it.
- The Elementor page editor is now fully operational, and you may begin working with it.
Installing Elementor via WordPress Dashboard
Step 1: From your dashboard, choose PluginsAdd New from the drop-down menu. Step 2:In the search area, type Elementor and then select Elementor Website Builder from the results. Step 3: Press the Install Now button. After the installation is complete, click Activate. Your sidebar will be immediately updated to include the page builder. This sidebar menu option, on the other hand, is only useful for accessing Elementor’s settings on the back end, not for altering the pages themselves.
How to Use Elementor in WordPress
Using Elementor, you can bring your design concept to life and bring it to life quickly. Using live editing, you may make the process as painless as possible by seeing each aspect as you develop it. Let’s have a look at how to work with the Elementor editor.
Elementor provides customers with a user-friendly interface. As a result, you may master the fundamentals of the editor in a matter of minutes. Step 1: To begin, create a new page or post and select Edit with Elementor from the drop-down menu. Step 2: You’ll be sent to the Elementor page editing interface. This is how your page will appear after it is finished: Step 3:On the left-hand side of the screen, you’ll notice the Elementor sidebar, which has all of the drag-and-drop capabilities that you may use to construct your website.
- Once you understand this, you can begin dragging and dropping widgets.
- Sections include groups of Columns, and Widgets are contained within the Columns that contain them.
- It’s important to note that you cannot move a widget into the navigation bar or the header.
- To alter the blocks, simply right-click on the handle and select “Edit Blocks.” 4) When you’re ready to add the new module to your site, just click, hold, and drag a widget to the location where you’d like it to appear.
- Step 5: You may look for certain widgets to use in order to personalize your pages.
- Step 6: Select Site Settings from the hamburger menu in the left-hand corner of the screen.
- On Elementor, you may also define global settings that will apply to your whole website.
You can track your changes by clicking on the Actions tab and navigating back and forth between each action. If you click on the Versions tab, you will be able to navigate between your revisions and revert to any prior version.
How to Build Your First Page in Elementor
The simplicity with which Elementor may be used distinguishes it from its competitors. Create your first page in the platform to see how it works for yourself – no coding knowledge necessary. Step 1: Log into your WordPress administration area. Step 2: Select Pages from the drop-down menu and then Add New. Step 3: Select Edit with Elementor from the drop-down menu to open the page builder. Step 4:Elementor will load and display something similar to this: 5th step: Add a Heading, a Text Editor, and an Image Widget to your page.
Simply click on the green Publishbutton to complete the process.
The final step is to evaluate and publish your page once you’ve completed your design work.
Step 8:Click on the eye symbol to see a preview of your page.
Templates are pre-designed Pages and Blocks that may be used to assist you in the creation of your WordPress site. Unlike Pages, which are complete content layouts, Blocks are sections that include pre-built widgets like as footers, headers, and FAQs. Elementor grants you complete permission to use any of the templates for the purposes of your company. There is a search area where you may look for certain templates based on page type, template name, and tag. In addition, all of the templates are mobile-friendly.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page, where there’s a section that reads “Add widget here,” and click on it to open the Elementor editor.
- This is the second step.
- In order to see a preview of a template, click on the magnifying glass icon or on the picture of the template.
- Step 3: Select the green Insertbutton from the drop-down menu.
- Elementor will instantly link you to its website, where you can either register or login in with your existing account information.
- Step 6: Return to the page you were working on and insert the template you want to use.
- Your template has been fully loaded and is available for modification.
How to Use Advanced Features in Elementor
The pro edition of Elementor has additional capabilities that can help you take your WordPress website to the next level. You’ll get access to more widgets, a theme builder, a pop-up builder, and the ability to create custom fields.
How to Create a Popup in Elementor
Pop-up formshelp you capture email addresses from leads. With its pop-up builder, Elementor makes it easier to create these types of forms. To make your own popup, simply follow the steps outlined below. Step 1:In your WordPress dashboard, navigate toTemplatesPopupsAdd New. Step 2:Name your template and clickCreate Template. Step 3: Select a template from the Library or start from scratch with a new design. Step 4:ClickPublish, thenSave and Close. Step 5:Open a new page in Elementor (CTRL + E for PC users; Command + E for Mac users).
Step 7:Under Layout, chooseLinkDynamicActionsPopup. Step 8:Go toPopupOpen Popupand choose the popup you generated. Step 9: Navigate to the live version of the page. Step 10:Then, click on the button and see the popup appear. Here’s how it would look: Image courtesy of Shutterstock
How to Customize WooCommerce Product Page in Elementor
WooCommerce is a well-known e-commerce platform that may assist you in creating an online store for your company. You may use Elementor to design customized product pages that will increase your sales. Before you can begin customizing your product page, you’ll need to install and activate WooCommerce as well as Elementor into your WordPress administration panel. In addition, you’ll want to include a few goods on your website. You can read more about how to set up WooCommerce here. After completing the setup, you can begin designing your product page.
- Step 1: In your WordPress dashboard, navigate toElementorMy Templates.
- Step 3: SelectSingle Productas your template type and then clickCreate Template to complete the process.
- Afterwards, either select an existing product page template or create your own from scratch.
- Please see this link for the whole list.
- Step 8: Select Settings from the drop-down menu, then select the product you wish to show.
Frequently Asked Questions About Elementor
Is there anything more you’d want to know about Elementor? It’s not an issue. Here are some commonly asked questions concerning the plugin, as well as the solutions to those queries.
Does Elementor work with all themes?
Yes, it is compatible with any theme that adheres to WordPress’ coding standards.
Does Elementor slow down your website?
Elementor is one of the most responsive page builders available. Some websites, on the other hand, might cause loading times to be excessively slow; nevertheless, Elementor has supplied a tutorial on how to resolve the website speed issue.
Is Elementor good or bad for SEO?
Elementor might be detrimental to SEO. However, by following best practices, like as compressing pictures and reducing superfluous script, you may still have a fast website even when Elementor is installed on your page. The conclusion is that Elementor, like any other excellent WordPress page builder, is beneficial for SEO. This page builder helps you to keep people on your website longer by assisting you in the creation of a stunning, responsive website. In addition, when visitors interact with your content, search engine algorithms will recognize your website as important, raising your ranks and enhancing your search engine optimization (SEO).
Build Your WordPress Website with Elementor
Elementor is a WordPress plugin that was particularly created to assist you in creating a personalized website for your company. Because of its user-friendly design, it is a powerful platform even for non-coders. Installing Elementor with the HubSpot WordPress plugin will help you acquire and nurture more leads, which will ultimately raise your conversions.
Note from the editor: This piece was initially published in August 2019 and has been revised to ensure that it is as complete as possible. Originally published at 7:00 a.m. on December 2, 2021, and updated on December 2, 2021.
Elementor Website Builder
We’re introducing a WordPress website builder that has no design restrictions. A website builder that offers high-end page designs as well as innovative capabilities that have never previously been seen on the WordPress platform. It is now time to use the Elementor Website Builder.
The Leading WebsitePage Builder
A website builder that has everything you need, whether you’re a web designer looking to create pixel-perfect websites, a marketer looking to get your message out there quickly, or a developer looking to broaden your capabilities, Elementor’s website builder has what you need – an intuitive drag-and-drop Editor, advanced design features, and a fully open-source approach.
Faster. Much Faster.
We were looking for a feature that would allow for immediate response. And that is exactly what we did. Instant drag-and-drop website builder, instant live edit, and instant page load are all features available. This makes the interface enjoyable and simple to use, and it also helps to decrease the amount of time required for design.
Live design. Truly Live.
Never again will you spend your time working on the backend and speculating about how the frontend will appear. With Elementor, you can make live changes to your website while also seeing precisely how it will seem to visitors. Due to the live designinline editing capabilities of Elementor, the whole process of writing and designing may be completed right on the page, without the need to push update or switch to preview mode. In addition, it works well with or without Gutenberg.
Professional Features Right Out of the Box
Create websites that have a distinct ‘designer touch’ by taking use of the unique capabilities offered by Elementor. Box Shadows, Background Overlays, Hover Effects, Headline Effects, Animations, Shape Dividers, Gradient Backgrounds, and many more are included in our design features.
100s of Pre-Designed TemplatesBlocks
Choose from more than 100 stunning full-page designs. WordPress layouts that you may tweak to make them your own are available. You may also construct your website by selecting and mixing elements from among more than 300 different Blocks. Blocks are pre-designed section templates that may be used to create any page with relative ease. Blocks are divided into several categories, including services, testimonials, calls to action, and more. Elementor templates may be saved and reused on multiple sites, or they can be exported to a new website with a single click.
Responsive Live Editing
Elementor WebsiteBuilder comes with an innovative toolset that allows you to design a genuinely responsive website in a completely new and visually appealing way using only a few simple clicks. This is the most advanced mobile site builder for developing excellent responsive websites, with features such as various font sizes, padding, and margins depending on the device and reverse column ordering.
40+ free widgets and counting
Aside from Elementor, there is no other page builder or website builder that can compete with it.
In our website builder, we’ve crammed more than 40 of the most helpful widgets into a little space. True, that’s far more than we had to provide, but we didn’t want to leave you without a single widget to help you achieve the pinnacle of your creative ability.
- Heading. Make use of attention-grabbing headlines. The picture may be customized in terms of size, transparency, and other parameters. Text Editor is a program that allows you to write text. A text editor with a WYSIWYG interface, similar to the WordPress editor
- Video. YouTube and Vimeo should be added to your page. Button. Being able to control every component of the button design
- Box with an image. Testimonials are shown in a box that comprises a picture, a headline, and text. Authentic customer testimonies that demonstrate social proof
- Icon. Choose one or more of the 600+ icons that are available
- Icon Box is a collection of icons. It functions in the same way as the image box, but only with icons
- Icons of the social sphere. Icons for your social media pages, such as Facebook and Twitter. Photographs are available in the gallery. Displays your photographs in a grid that is perfectly aligned
- Carousel of images A revolving carousel or slideshow of photographs that you have picked
- Iconography. A bullet list with any symbol and text of your choosing
- Counter. Display statistics and data in an ascending fashion
- The progress bar shows how far you’ve come. A progress meter that increases in difficulty should be included. Tabs. Tabs that display distinct pieces of text in a vertical or horizontal format
- Accordion. A content display that can be collapsed
- Toggle. For FAQ pages, you might use something like an accordion. Five-star rating system. With a styled star rating, you may provide some social evidence. Alert. To catch the visitor’s attention, use a brightly colored warning box. HTML. Shortcodes are used to insert code into a page. Shortcodes from any plugin may be easily inserted into the page
- The menu’s starting point. Read More to learn how to link any menu to this anchor. Specify a Read More cut-off for the excerpt on archive pages
- And other options. Insert whatever sidebar you like onto the page. Google Maps is a mapping service provided by Google. Maps may be included into the page, as well as SoundCloud. Audio clips from SoundCloud can be included. Divider. Line that divides distinct components on the page
- A section of text. Spacer. Columns are spaces that divide the various pieces
- They are also known as rows. Create inner columns within the column to organize information. And the count continues.
Take it a step further with Elementor Pro
The most professional WordPress Website Builder available on the market right now. Elementor significantly enhances your design workflow, allowing you to create designs that are both faster and better than ever before. Gain access to additional professional widgets, choices, and tools that will allow you to take your design to the next level. Elementor is so much more than a page builder, it’s incredible! It shouldn’t be too difficult to make adjustments to your theme. Endless coding, interacting with developers, and altering themes are all part of the job.
There are other more elements that might assist you in creating better websites, including:
- Motion effects
- An industry-leading theme builder
- A WooCommerce builder
- An advanced popup builder
- A visually appealing and easy form builder
- Marketing automation and CRM connections
- And much more. A few examples include: custom fontsicons, role manager, blog post layout widget, imagevideo sliders, global widgets, custom CSS, and more.
Be a part of the select group of online professionals that appreciate Elementor Pro.
Translated to 59+ LanguagesRTL supported.
Elementor has been designed with RTL and multi-language support in mind. As a result, you’ll receive a translated panel (in 59+ languages) out of the box, along with RTL typographic support and developer options to add even more languages.
The Elementor website builder is a free and open source software program. It’s the ideal plugin for further development and integration with other systems. It was designed and developed with the developer in mind, and we have already witnessed the creation of some absolutely great extensions. We’ve built the official Elementor Developers Center to assist you in getting started and learning more about how to interact with Elementor’s features. Check out theDevelopers Blog for the most up-to-date information from the programmers who are hard at work on the latest Elementor versions, or theDevelopers Docs for information on how to expand the Elementor core and develop your own addons and extensions.
Be a contributor
If you would want to contribute, please visit ourElementor GitHub Repositoryand look for opportunities to do so. You may also add a new language to your WordPress installation by visiting translate.wordpress.org. We’ve put up a brief guide that will walk you through the process of translating and localizing the plugin.
We provide a managed security Bug Bounty program, which harnesses the strength of the community by enabling crowdsourcing vulnerability detection 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Documentation and Support
- Documentation and lessons may be found on ourDocumentation page. If you have any further questions, please contact our help forum on thePlugin’s website. You may learn more about the features, frequently asked questions, and documentation on our website atElementor website builder.
- Join our Facebook group, learn from our courses on our YouTube channel, or leave us a review onWordPress.
Elementor Review: How Does This WordPress Page Builder Stack Up?
The content on Themeisle is completely free. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our referral links, we receive a commission. Read on to find out more Looking to determine whether Elementoriis the finest page builder for your WordPress site? We can help. We hope that our Elementor review will provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision. Our evaluation contains the most up-to-date features in Elementor 2.0 and Elementor Pro 2.0, so you can be confident that you’re getting a comprehensive look at all this plugin is capable of doing.
Continue reading our Elementor review for more information to assist you decide whether or not you should join the 5,000,000 other users.
What’s the benefit of using Elementor?
Elementor is a WordPress plugin that allows you to easily add complex styling, layout, and design features to your WordPress content without having to know any coding. You may even create your complete WordPress theme using the new Elementor Pro edition, which eliminates the need to know any coding.
What is Elementor?
To be more explicit, Elementor is a visual page builder plugin that allows you to drag and drop elements onto a page. There are two components to this explanation, so let’s break them down one by one:
- When you create your material in a visual manner, you can see precisely what your viewers will see as well. Once you’ve published your page, there’s no need to be concerned about how it will seem. You may move about various design components – such as buttons, forms, and photos – simply by dragging and dropping them in the desired location on your screen. There is no need for a code.
The final result is a tool that assists you in customizing the appearance of your WordPress site without the need to learn any coding languages (orhire a developer).
How the Elementor interface works
The final result is a tool that assists you in customizing the appearance of your WordPress site without the need to learn any coding techniques (orhire a developer).
How the interface is divided
It will look something like this when you first use the Elementor editor: When you first open the Elementor editor, it will look something like this:
- (1) – the region containing the material. In the area outside of this region, you’ll see your usual theme, and in the area within this area, you’ll develop your own design roughly in the area depicted with the grey dotted line
- (2)– elements/widgets are included. Those are the pieces of the puzzle that you’ll place together to create the design for your page. (3)– the configurations. Among other things, these allow you to reverse changes and see your design on multiple devices.
Building the layout for your design
You may begin utilizing elements immediately, but you’ll probably want to first create the fundamental framework of your website before you do anything else with them. Elementor provides you with two structural aspects that are beneficial to you:
- Incorporate group styling (e.g., apply a backdrop to an entire part of your website) and positioning components.
These structural components are as follows:
- Sections are the most comprehensive layout block. Columns are structures that are contained within a section. You have the option of having one column or adding several columns.
As an illustration, here’s what it looks like to have :
- (1)– one segment, denoted by the color blue
- (2)– two columns inside that section, denoted by the color black
Adding new elements to your design
To include a new element in a section or column, just drag it from the left-hand sidebar onto the visual preview of your page as seen below: However, although a header element is a simple example, there are other additional possibilities that allow you to do creative things such as creating a logo carousel with a single click.
Styling elements, columns, or sections
In order to design and manage certain components, columns, or portions of your website, you may click on the required content and then use the tabs on the left-hand sidebar:
Is Elementor hard to learn?
Elementor’s UI is one of the more user-friendly among page builders when compared to the competition. However, regardless of which page builder plugin you pick, there will always be a learning curve before you can start building genuinely beautiful pages. We developed a guide about how to design a landing page using Elementor to assist you in your learning process. In addition, Elementor offers a YouTube channel that contains tutorials. To become an Elementor expert, however, I believe the following is the most effective method: Import a pre-built Elementor template (more on these in a second) and then deconstruct it to understand how the page was constructed by the designer.
Six specific Elementor features that help make it great
Following your grasp of the fundamental interface, let’s go a little more hands-on with this Elementor review and look at some of the unique features that have contributed to Elementor’s success.
1. The Elementor template library
While Elementor gives you the ability to develop whole designs from scratch, you are not need to do so all of the time owing to the Elementor template collection, which is available for download.
This collection contains a number of templates that may be inserted with a single click, including: With the release of Elementor 2.0, these templates are now available in two different formats:
- Pages– these are full-page designs that you may import and modify as needed
- Blocs are designs for certain “parts” of a page rather than for complete pages itself. For example, if you just want to insert a pre-built contact area into an existing layout, blocks can assist you in accomplishing this.
Once you’ve created some of your own designs, you may store them as templates or blocks so that you can simply reuse them in other projects in the future.
2. Mobile previews and responsive design controls
Because mobile devices account for a significant amount of all online traffic nowadays, you must ensure that the mobile version of your site is visually appealing. First and foremost, there is good news: all of the designs that you build using Elementor are responsive by default (that is, they look good on mobile). You can instantly open a preview without leaving the Elementor interface if you ever want to see how your design appears on a different device. Elementor also goes a step further by allowing you to selectively show and hide particular widgets on specific devices.
The responsive design settings in Elementor allow you to easily conceal it on mobile devices with a simple toggle switch:
3. Detailed layout controls
Page builders make it possible to avoid having to write custom code, but you may have to give up a little flexibility in terms of where you position items in order to achieve that simplicity. One of the most appealing aspects of Elementor is that it provides a plethora of straightforward controls to ensure that every widget, section, and column is just where you want it. You can do the following:
- Customize the padding and margins for sections, columns, and widgets by hand
- And Column widths may be adjusted by simply sliding the separator between columns
- In a column (or several columns within a section), arrange widgets so that they are vertical. With an adjustable column gap, you may create a blank area between columns.
4. Inline text editing
Inline text editing is a quick way to make changes to content that is already on your page. As opposed to other page builders that need you to utilize a popup, Elementor allows you to just click on the page and start typing:
5. Easy undo/redo and full revision history
Anyone who has never made a mistake has also never attempted anything new in their lives. Albert Einstein was a brilliant scientist. When you experiment with new design techniques, you’re almost certain to make a mistake (or a series of blunders), as Albert so graciously points out. If you make a mistake, Elementor makes it simple to reverse it in two distinct ways, depending on your preference. First and foremost, every single action that you perform is *logged and may be undone if necessary: To make matters worse, every time you save your design, you’ll also be given a brand new revision that you may use in the future if necessary.
In other words, it includes every single activity that you perform within a certain design session.
6. Clean code if you ever deactivate Elementor
If you ever need to deactivate Elementor at some time in the future, you can be certain that it will not leave behind a jumble of shortcodes like the WPBakery Page Builder or the Divi Builder. If you have any questions, please contact us. Elementor, on the other hand, leaves behind pristine code (though you will, of course, lose all the styling).
Elementor Pro lets you build your theme with drag and drop + more
The Elementor page builder plugin’s fundamental functionality is completely free and open source.
However, the Elementor team also sells a premium add-on known as Elementor Pro. The cost of this add-on is $49. It provides you with a plethora of useful functions. Here are a few of the most useful characteristics:
Build your entire WordPress theme with Elementor
The latest edition of Elementor Pro would be incomplete without discussing it in this review of Elementor. It was always the case that Elementor was only used for your content up until recently. You still required a high-quality theme to serve as a foundation. Because to the advent of Elementor Pro 2.0, you can now create your complete theme using the same drag-and-drop Elementor interface, which includes your header, footer, and blog post templates. To begin building your theme, you must first decide which aspect of your theme you wish to construct: Then you can use the same Elementor interface to create your layout (with the addition of widgets for the specific sort of content you’re working with).
Lots more widgets to build your content with
Elementor Pro simply adds additional widgets to the existing collection. These can not only provide you with greater freedom, but they can also be used to replace other plugins. For example, Elementor Pro has widgets for the following:
- Login forms, forms (including contact forms), sliders, social share buttons, countdown clocks, pricing tables, etc.
Login forms, forms (including contact forms), sliders, social share buttons, Countdown timers, pricing tables, and other elements
Tons of premium templates
When you purchase Elementor Pro, you have access to all of the templates and blocks contained inside the collection of elements. Additionally, theElementor Pro Templatesare typically a little more elaborate and complicated in addition to just being “more.” As a result, it is more of a scenario of “more plus greater quality.” As of the time of writing this Elementor review, there are well over 100 templates available to choose from.
Global widgets help you reuse the same element on multiple pages
Let’s take a look at one more Pro feature before we wind off our Elementor review: global widgets. Sometimes you may find yourself in a scenario where you need to repeat the same element on many pages of your website. Example: You could have a contact part on your website that has to provide the same information on every page. Global widgets make this easier by allowing you to do the following:
- Let’s take a look at one more Pro feature before we wind off our Elementor review. Global widgets. Sometimes you may find yourself in a scenario where you need to repeat the same element on many pages, and this is perfectly acceptable. Example: You can have a contact area on your website that has to provide the same information on every page. When you use global widgets, you can do more with less.
Do you need Elementor Pro?
If all you want to do is design simple styled pages, the free edition of Elementor should be sufficient. In fact, the free edition of Elementor is perhaps the most feature-rich of any page builder available. With that stated, if you want to utilize Elementor to truly build out your core website pages (or even design your full website right now, due to the theme builder), then Elementor Pro is a fantastic alternative because of the new components, more controls, and other features.
Other third-party extensions extend Elementor even further
A large number of useful Elementor extensions are available, many of which go beyond the official Elementor Pro add-on. This is due in part to the fact that the Elementor team made it simple for developers to enhance Elementor’s capabilities. You can learn more about some of our top free Elementor add-ons by reading our article. In addition, we offer a library of third-party Elementor themes and templates that you may use to customize your website.
Elementor review: Final thoughts on this page builder
When it comes to Elementor, the figures don’t tell a lie. It’s already one of the most popular page builders on the market, and the creators are constantly adding new features and improving the existing ones. It is recommended that you install Elementor on a WordPress test site and experiment with it. This is because the free edition of Elementor is so generous. Afterwards, if you enjoy the way the interface works, you might want to consider upgrading to Elementor Professional for theme creation, additional elements/templates, and other useful features.
Divi Builder vs. Beaver Builder post. Is there anything you think we missed in our Elementor review? Do you have a question concerning a topic we didn’t address here? Please let us know by leaving a comment!
Guide is available for free download. *This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links and then make a purchase, we will get a profit on the sale. It’s not a problem; you’ll still be charged the usual amount, so there will be no additional charge to you.
- Template collection containing a large number of pre-designed page layouts
- Many different content modules are available for you to pick from
- It is simple to use, even for those who are new to it.
- The default widget styles aren’t always visually appealing right out of the box
- There is no option for white labeling, however this primarily impacts developers
Elementor Free vs Pro Differences: Here’s How to Choose the Right One
The content on Themeisle is completely free. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our referral links, we receive a commission. Read on to find out more Looking to make a decision between the free and paid versions of Elementor? There is a free version of this page builder plugin available on WordPress.org, but there is also an intriguing premium version that brings on a ton of extra features as well. So, do you have to take out your wallet and pay for Elementor Pro to use it? Or do you think you’ll be just as content with the free edition of WordPress.org?
Then, based on what you want to utilize Elementor for on your website, we’ll provide some recommendations on which one to use.
What you’ll get in the free version of Elementor
Even with the free edition of Elementor, you can do a great deal. Most importantly, you can build your pages, blogs, and other sorts of content using Elementor’s visual, drag-and-drop interface. This implies that you may develop layouts that are significantly different for different pages. You can even construct multi-column layouts, which is something that has been notably absent from WordPress’ default feature set for a long time. Elementor, on the other hand, may assist you in ensuring that the overall design of your website is consistent (for example, if you need your blog andyour WooCommerce shop pagesto have a similar style).
This saves you the time and effort of having to replicate the same designs over and over again.
Along with a wide library of page layouts and blocks, this package contains over 30 distinct elements.
With a single element in the editor, you can easily add a button or a Google map or an image carousel, social media icons, or even accordion tabs to your page.
The differences between Elementor free vs pro
The free edition of Elementor does not come with a slew of features, though. On the contrary, it contributes much to the conversation. However, there are significant variations in the features offered by the free and pro editions of Elementor. Of course, the premium version is capable of everything the free version is capable of. As a result, you will be able to utilize the same drag-and-drop construction tool. The use of that tool is no longer limited to the content regions of your website; instead, you may use it everywhere on your site.
Previously inaccessible features, such as your archive and single post pages, can now be redesigned to suit your preferences.
In addition, for more skilled users, you may construct templates for custom post types and contain dynamic material from custom fields that you have added using plugins like as Advanced Custom Fields or Pods, among others.
Purchasing Elementor Pro also provides you with access to a bigger collection of elements, which includes the following:
Advanced content features like as forms, sliders, and price tables will be available to you as you develop your material. This considerably increases the number of different sorts of pages you may build, and it saves you from having to install a large number of additional add-ons (for instance, you may not need a contact form plugin anymore). These are just a few of the significant differences between the free and paid versions of Elementor; you can get a full list of what’s included in each on the developer’s website.
Although this is only a brief overview, it should provide you with an idea of what the two versions have to offer.
How to choose between Elementor free vs pro for your own website
At long last, we have reached the most important choice. Is it better to use the free version of Elementor or to pay for the premium edition of the software? First and foremost, it is critical to emphasize that not everyone will require Elementor Pro. The free version has a plethora of features and customization possibilities that are hard to beat. The premium version, on the other hand, may be well worth the additional cost of entry. Extra components, layouts, and blocks might be the difference between creating generic material and creating highly distinctive content.
In a nutshell, here’s who would benefit the most from using Elementor free rather than pro:
- Even if you’re only wanting to develop more complicated layouts for your sites (such as multi-column designs), or if you simply enjoy the visual page-building experience, the free edition of Elementor may be more than sufficient for your needs. It provides you with everything you need to develop visually appealing pages and posts that also take advantage of some non-standard features like as Call To Action (CTA) buttons and progress bars. If, on the other hand, you want to be able to personalize practically every aspect of the way your site appears, Elementor Pro will offer you with the tools you want. You’ll effectively be able to design your own theme, which will come in useful if you’re seeking to establish a website that is unlike anybody else’s on the internet. You should consider using Elementor Pro instead of installing a slew of different plugins if you want to include features such as contact forms and price tables on your website without having to worry about conflicting code.
The cost of goods and services is, of course, something that must be discussed. If you’re leaning toward Elementor Pro, you’ll want to be sure it’s within your budget before making the purchase. However, a single-site license is not prohibitively expensive: $49 gets you all of the premium features plus a year of support. Finally, if you’re still unsure about the version you require, the simplest solution is to just download and install the free trial version to test it out. It’s quite simple to upgrade to Elementor Pro at a later time, and you won’t lose any of your previous work in the process.
Elementor is a page builder for WordPress that is quite popular among users (if notthemost popular). There are several essential features packed into a program that is both speedy and intuitive. In order to “level up” your content creation process on your website, this plugin is an excellent place to start. To summarize, the following are the key differences between Elementor free and Elementor pro:
- When you use the free version, you have access to a large number of components, templates, and blocks, which you can use in conjunction with the drag-and-drop page builder to create pages and posts. It comes with a considerably broader library of choices, and you can further personalize your site by modifying practically every component of it using the theme builder (including headers, footers, archive and single post pages, and more)
- It is also more expensive.
Again, if you want to understand more about any of these features, we recommend that you read our entire Elementor review.
Do you have any further questions concerning the differences between Elementor free and Elementor Pro for your individual situation? Leave a remark and we’ll do our best to assist you in making your decision!
Guide is available for free download.
Elementor – Wikipedia
|Type of business||Private|
|Founder(s)||Yoni Luksenberg, Yakir Sitbon, Ariel Klikstein|
|Key people||Yoni Luksenberg,CEO|
Elementor Ltd. is a software business based in Israel that specializes in web development services. The Elementorwebsite builder, which is integrated with WordPress, allows users to construct and update websites using the drag and drop approach, as well as a responsive mode. The Elementor website builder is available in a freemium and a paid version, Elementor Pro, which contains extra functionality and more than 900 add-ons. With over 5 million active installs globally as of January 2021, Elementor is accessible in more than 57 languages and routinely ranks among the top 5 most popular WordPress page builders, according to Capterra.
The startup received $15 million in investment from Lightspeed Venture Partners in its first round of institutional capital.
This year, Yoni Luksenberg and Ariel Klikstein developed Elementor, a website builder. Growth Milestones include:
- On July 5, 2018, Elementor reached the milestone of 1 million websites developed. 2 million websites produced with Elementor as of February 18, 2019
- 3 million websites built with Elementor as of August 14, 2019
- 4 million websites built with Elementor as of February 18, 2019. The day on which 4 million websites will be constructed with Elementor is January 29, 2020. The day on which 5 million websites will be constructed with Elementor is May 12, 2020.
5th of July, 2018 marked the one millionth website produced using Elementor Elementor was used to create 2 million websites on February 18, 2019, and 3 million websites on August 14, 2019. On January 29, 2020, Elementor will have 4 million websites produced. On May 12, 2020, Elementor will have 5 million websites developed using it.
- Calcalistas, an Israeli business newspaper, named us as one of the top 50 most promising Israeli businesses for the upcoming year.
After acquiring Layers WP – a WordPress theme business — in 2019, Elementor made the Layers theme available to the public for free. In the same year, Elementor formed a partnership with A2 Hosting to give its users with a web hosting account.
The Elementor plugin has a rating of 4.7 stars on the WordPress.org website. There have been several positive reviews of Elementor on WordPress-focused websites, with ThemeIsle.com giving it a 9.3 rating and complimenting it for having many layouts, numerous distinct content modules, and being simple to use even for beginners.
- “The Elementor website building platform has opened a high-tech facility in Sderot,” according to abcAboutElementor.com. “Elementor – Striving to Be the Ultimate WordPress DragDrop Page Builder”.HostAdvice. 2016-07-14. Retrieved2021-04-23
- “Elementor Addons”.:CS1 maint: url-status (link)
- “Elementor – Striving to Be the Ultimate WordPress DragDrop Page Builder”.HostAdvice. 2016-07-14. Retrieved2021-04-23
- “Elementor – Striving to Be the Ultimate WordPress Drag Look for: well-liked, TermsConditions, Elementor.com
- Elementor Usage Statistics, BuiltWith
- TermsConditions, Elementor.com
- Announcing Lightspeed’s Investment in Elementor, by Tal Morgenstern, The Rise of the Web Creator, by Tal Morgenstern, Medium
- Elementor Has Reached 1 Million Active Users: The Importance of Essential Addons
- Ep. 018: Elementor’s untold trip to 1 Million users!, Elementor’s untold adventure to 1 Million users! on the 3rd of December, 2018, strikegold CrispLive reported that Elementor has reached 2 million active installs within seven months after reaching the first million. According to TechRepublic, the WordPress website construction platform Elementor is currently used on 3 million sites. “We Just Reached the Peak of WordPress: 5 Million Active Installs! | Elementor Blog”.Elementor Blog. 2020-05-19. Retrieved2020-05-22
- “Hello Elementor”.WordPress.org. Retrieved2021-11-12
- “Hello – The Fastest WordPress Theme With Minimal Styling”.Elementor. Retrieved2021-11-12
- “Hello – The Fastest WordPress Theme With Minimal Sty There is an Elementors group on Facebook.com
- There is an Elementor Meetup group on Meetup.com
- And there is a “Introducing Elementor Experts: The New Discovery Network For Web Creators” blog post on the Elementor website. Elementor. The deadline is March 31, 2020. 2019’s Top 50 Startups, ranked by Calcalist from 18 to 25,Calcalist
- The WordPress Tavern has announced that Elementor has acquired Layers, which will allow users to have more compatible theme options. A2 Hosting’s partnership with Elementor will improve the speed and security of all users’ websites. Associated Press
- PR Newswire “WordPress.org Forums.” “WordPress.org Forums.” “WordPress.org Forums.” CS1 maint: url-status (link)
- CS1 maint: url-status (link)
- “Elementor Review: How Does This WordPress Page Builder Compare?” “Elementor Review: How Does This WordPress Page Builder Compare?” It was published on the ThemeIsle Blog on May 7th, 2018 and was retrieved on April 4th, 2021.