Google AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages. It is an open source initiative supported by technology companies like Google and Twitter. The goal of the project is to make web content load faster for mobile users. For many mobile users, reading on the web is often slow.
- 1 How do I use an AMP on WordPress?
- 2 Is AMP good for WordPress?
- 3 What does the AMP plugin do?
- 4 What is AMP in website?
- 5 Do I need AMP on my website?
- 6 What AMP stands for?
- 7 Does AMP work with WooCommerce?
- 8 How do I use an AMP on my website?
- 9 Which AMP is best for WordPress?
- 10 Is AMP still relevant?
- 11 Is AMP still a thing?
- 12 How does an AMP work?
- 13 AMP
- 14 AMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages
- 15 How to Properly Setup Google AMP on Your WordPress Site
- 16 How to Properly Set Up WordPress AMP
- 17 What WordPress AMP Is (And How It Can Benefit Your Site)
- 18 How to Set Up WordPress AMP Using Plugins
- 19 How to Validate Your WordPress AMP Site
- 20 Conclusion
- 21 AMP for WordPress
- 22 What is AMP and how to use it
- 23 How to Set Up Google AMP for WordPress (And Why You Should)
- 24 What is Google AMP?
- 25 What are the benefits of Google AMP for WordPress?
- 26 How to set up Google AMP for WordPress
- 27 FAQ – Frequently asked AMP questions
- 28 Wrapping things up
- 29 Setting up WordPress for AMP: Accelerated Mobile Pages
- 30 What are Accelerated Mobile Pages/AMP?
- 31 Which plugin(s) to use?
- 32 How does this work with Yoast SEO?
- 33 9 Best AMP WordPress Plugins for Speed, Search & Tracking
- 34 1. The Official AMP Plugin for WordPress
- 35 2. AMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages
- 36 3. SchemaStructured Data for WPAMP
- 37 4. PWA for WPAMP
- 38 5. Glue for Yoast SEOAMP
- 39 6. AMP WP – Google AMP for WordPress
- 40 7. weeblrAMP CE
- 41 8. AMP It Up!
- 42 9. AMP Stories for WordPress
- 43 Wrapping It Up
How do I use an AMP on WordPress?
In order to set up AMP on your WordPress site, you’ll first need to install the AMP plugin. Go to Plugins > Add New and search for AMP. Once you find it, simply install and activate it. Then, head on over to Appearance > AMP to see what your site looks like on mobile devices using Accelerated Mobile Pages.
Is AMP good for WordPress?
If you want your website to load quickly on a mobile platform, you should make use of Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) technology. Fortunately, that’s easy to do if you’re using WordPress because there are quite a few AMP plugins available. Even better: many of them are free. Make sure it matches your goals for the site.
What does the AMP plugin do?
The official AMP plugin enables site owners to serve AMP to their users in different ways, which are referred to as template modes: Standard, Transitional, and Reader. The differences between them are in terms of the number of themes used (one or two), and the number of versions of the site (non-AMP, AMP).
What is AMP in website?
AMP (originally an acronym for Accelerated Mobile Pages ) is an open source HTML framework developed by the AMP Open Source Project. It was originally created by Google as a competitor to Facebook Instant Articles and Apple News. AMP is optimized for mobile web browsing and intended to help webpages load faster.
Do I need AMP on my website?
If the majority of your website pages aren’t articles, then AMP may not be necessary for your business. If you already have a mobile version of your site or mobile optimization measures in place (such as consolidated or minified CSS code), AMP may not be necessary and may even complicate performance and reporting.
What AMP stands for?
The definition of amp is an abbreviation for ampere which is the basic unit of measurement for electricity. Calculating the speed of an electric current with the basic unit that was adopted under the SI, or Systeme International d’Unites, is an example of measuring to determine the number of amps.
Does AMP work with WooCommerce?
For integrating AMP for WooCommerce, you will need another plugin. You can choose between the WooCommerce Pro for AMP plugin or the Publisher AMP plugin. To enable AMP for WooCommerce, simply install and activate the plugin. As you can see, setting up AMP for WordPress and WooCommerce is easy.
How do I use an AMP on my website?
Create a basic AMP page
- Create your first AMP page.
- Follow the Google Search guidelines for AMP pages.
- Make your content discoverable by linking your pages.
- Ensure that users can experience the same content and complete the same actions on AMP pages as on the corresponding canonical pages, where possible.
Which AMP is best for WordPress?
5 Best AMP Plugins For WordPress Compared
- AMP. The creatively named AMP plugin is the official AMP plugin from WordPress.com and Google.
- AMP for WP. AMP for WP is a freemium WordPress AMP plugin that offers a lot more functionality than the official AMP plugin.
- Better AMP.
- AMP WP.
Is AMP still relevant?
AMP will still be relevant after Google’s Page Experience update because it’s still one avenue of providing a fast, mobile-friendly user experience. But like we said, AMP is not the only way to achieve that goal.
Is AMP still a thing?
AMP pages no longer get preferential treatment in Google search. Google is rolling out a significant change as a part of their page experience ranking algorithm in June 2021.
How does an AMP work?
AMP works to disconnect the document layout from the resource layout, and just a single HTTP request is required to layout the whole document. Because AMP is optimized in a way that it works around expensive recalculations of layouts within the browser, when the resources load there won’t be any re-layouts.
Page Experience(PX) is a collection of ranking signals, which includes Core Web Vitals(CWV), that measure the user experience of interacting with a web page. Page Experience(PX) is a ranking signal that measures the user experience of interacting with a web page. In addition to being a strong tool, AMP automatically applies numerous optimizations and best practices to your site, making it easier for you to provide a positive page experience for your users. A plugin developed by Google and backed by the AMP team makes it simple to integrate the speed and power of AMP into your WordPress site, easily integrating with the usual publishing routine and allowing you to continue using current themes and plugins.
The following are some of the plugin’s most important features:
- Automate as much of the process of creating AMP-valid markup as feasible, allowing users to continue using the usual WordPress workflows that they are accustomed to
- Allowing users to deal with AMP incompatibilities when they occur is essential, and this includes providing effective validation tools that include procedures for discovering, contextualizing, and addressing difficulties that are caused by validation mistakes. To make it easier for WordPress developers to create AMP-compatible ecosystem components and to create websites and solutions that have AMP compatibility built in, provide development assistance. AMP pages should be served in a way that makes it easy for site owners to take use of features such as mobile redirection, AMP-to-AMP linking, and the automatic production of optimized AMP by default (through the PHP port of AMP Optimizer)
- Give WordPress authors of all levels the opportunity to go from nothing to producing AMP pages in a matter of minutes, regardless of their technical experience or available resources
Users-first WordPress sites are those that are quick, beautiful, safe, engaging, and easily navigable. The official AMP plugin for WordPress is a powerful tool that assists you in creating user-first WordPress sites. A user-first website will provide users with experiences that they will enjoy, which will enhance user engagement and the overall success of the website. AMP is also a completely responsive web component framework, which means that you can deliver AMP experiences for your consumers on both mobile and desktop devices, contrary to common misconception (AMP does not stand for AcceleratedMobilePages anymore!).
AMP Plugin Audience: Everyone
This plugin may be used by both developers and non-developers, and it has the following features:
- For those who are developers or tech-savvy users, the AMP plugin offers additional developer tools that may be used to resolve any validation issues that your site may be experiencing and ensure that your site is fully AMP compatible. In the event that you are not a developer or technologically savvy user, or if you simply do not want to deal with validation issues and development tasks, the AMP plugin allows you to assemble fully AMP-compatible sites in a variety of configurations that take advantage of AMP-compatible components. By deleting erroneous AMP markup where it is feasible, and by silencing AMP-incompatible plugins on AMP pages entirely, the plugin aids un the resolution of validation issues on your site.
The main line is that the AMP plugin may be beneficial to you regardless of your level of technical knowledge.
AMP plugins allow site owners to provide AMP to their customers in a variety of formats known as template modes. There are three types of template modes available: Standard, Transitional, and Reader. The main distinctions between them are the number of themes utilized (either one or two) and the amount of different versions of the site available (non-AMP, AMP). Each template mode offers a unique set of benefits and is tailored to meet the requirements of specific scenarios within the huge and diversified WordPress ecosystem.
- In a nutshell, the template modes that are currently accessible are as follows: Mode 1 (Standard): When using template mode, there is only one theme for delivering requests and only one version of your site: the AMP version.
- In addition to making it possible for your entire site to be AMP-first, this has the additional benefit of lowering development and maintenance expenses.
- If any of the site’s components are not AMP-compatible, but the site owner has the resources or the know-how to change them, this is an excellent choice.
- Transitional Mode: In this mode, a single theme is utilized, but there can be two versions of each page: one that is optimized for mobile devices and one that is not.
- Choosing this mode is a suitable option if the site is using a theme that is not entirely AMP compatible, but the functional differences between the AMP and non-AMP pages are acceptable to the site owner (due to graceful degradation).
- Take a look at our collection of websites that are employing Transitional mode.
- While this mode can be used in situations when a site is utilizing an AMP-incompatible theme, it is not recommended because the amount of incompatibilities would be substantial without gradual degradation.
- Depending on the details of your site and your function, different modes might be advised in different situations.
You also have the option of delivering all or part of your site as AMP, regardless of the mode in which it is being delivered to the user. This provides you with all of the freedom you want to get started with enabling AMP on your site in stages.
By selecting and combining themes and plugins from a growing AMP-compatible ecosystem, it is now feasible to build beautiful user-first sites that are powered by the AMP plugin. It serves as an orchestrator of the complete AMP content generation and publishing process; it also serves as a validator and enforcer, making it easy to not only get to AMP experiences but also to keep them up to date and confidently maintained. In order to support the official AMP plugin, many well-known theme and plugin authors have made significant work.
You can view the ever-growing list of themes and plugins that have been tested.
By selecting and combining themes and plugins from a growing AMP-compatible ecosystem, it is now feasible to build beautiful user-first websites that are powered by the AMP plugin. In this context, the AMP plugin serves as an orchestrator of the complete AMP content generation and publishing process; it also functions as a validator and enforcer, making it simpler to not just get to AMP experiences, but also to maintain them with confidence. In order to support the official AMP plugin, many well-known theme and plugin developers have made significant investments.
Check out the ever-growing collection of themes and plugins that have been tried and tested.
More information about the plugin, as well as how to begin utilizing its features to power your AMP publishing workflow, can be found on the official AMP plugin product website. If you are a developer, we urge you to monitor the development of this plugin on GitHub and to contribute to its development. We have created a comprehensiveFAQ pageas well as rich documentation to assist you in getting up and running as easily as possible. However, if you want assistance, we are available to assist you in the plugin’s support forum as well as through GitHub problems and pull requests (for technical bugs and feature requests).
AMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages
It is memnunum who is amplified by the eklentisi and has it all to himself. Read all 1,195 customer reviews. It is free and open source software that allows you to create “AMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages.” This plugin has been made possible by the contributions of the persons listed below. Contributors
126.96.36.199 (21th January 2022)
- Fixed: Embed URLs not working with Amp takeover active5193
- Fixed: Google Fonts display needs to be changed to optional5191
- Fixed: Amp analytics compatibility needs to be added to infinite scroll5194
- Fixed: Current year is not showing in design 1,2,35190
- Fixed: VKontakte social media not working in social media profile links5196
- Fixed: PHP not working with Amp takeover active5193
- Fixed: PHP Notice: tag rewrite rules is no longer supported5197.
188.8.131.52 (11th January 2022)
- Fixed: Internal stylesheet errors while using the Vinkmag theme5189
- Fixed: AMP Takeover functionality is not functioning on blog posts5188
- Fixed: AMP Takeover functionality is not working on the blog posts5189
- Replace webvitalsdev with Microwork5183
- Fixed: Wrong Notice for first-time installation5184
- Fixed: Wrong Notice for second-time installation5185
184.108.40.206 (15th December 2021)
- Code updates in the AMP options panel5179 have been completed. Stylesheet errors while using the Qoxag theme5177 have been corrected.
The whole changelog may be found at changelog.txt.
How to Properly Setup Google AMP on Your WordPress Site
Is it your goal to integrate Google AMP into your WordPress site? Accelerated mobile pages, often known as AMP, are a method of making your website load quicker when viewed on mobile devices.
Websites that load quickly provide a better user experience and can increase website traffic. In this tutorial, we’ll teach you how to configure Google AMP for your WordPress website.
What is Google AMP?
AMP is an abbreviation for Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages. It is an open source movement that has the support of technology corporations like as Google, Twitter, and Facebook. The project’s purpose is to make online information load more quickly for mobile users by optimizing the way it is delivered. For many mobile users, reading on the web is a time-consuming experience. Despite all of the efforts made by website owners to speed up their websites, the majority of content-rich pages take several seconds to load.
Because of this, the material may be cached on Google’s AMP Cache server.
It is extremely similar to Facebook Instant Articles in terms of functionality.
They are platform-independent and may be utilized by any app, browser, or web viewer that supports HTML5 and mobile pages.
Pros and Cons of Google AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- The same can be said about advertising possibilities, which are restricted to a small number of advertising platforms.
- If a large portion of your traffic originates from mobile searches, you may benefit from adding AMP support to your website in order to enhance and maintain your SEO.
- The first is from Alex Kras, who asserts that enabling Google AMP may result in a loss of mobile visitors for your site.
- The second is by Terence Eden, and it underlines the difficulty of converting back from Google AMP in the event that you change your mind in the future, as mentioned above.
- This is why we will not be moving WPBeginner to Google AMP for the reasons stated above.
We have established a step-by-step approach on how to set up Google Accelerated Mobile Pages in WordPress, however, because numerous of our users have inquired about how to set up Google Accelerated Mobile Pages.
Subscribe to WPBeginner’s newsletter. Please continue reading if you are dissatisfied with the video or want more detailed instructions.
Setting up Accelerated Mobile Pages or AMP in WordPress
The first thing you need to do is download, install, and activate the AMP plugin for WordPress. For further information, please refer to our step-by-step instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin (included). When the AMP feature is enabled, you can visit Appearance » AMPpage to view how your site appears on mobile devices that are running AMP. On this page, you have the option of changing the header background and text color. The color you chose for the header background will also be used for the links in the header.
- For more information, please see our article on how to add a favicon or site symbol to your WordPress website.
- Want to make your AMP pages even more personalized?
- You will, however, need to make certain that your AMP sites are legitimate once you have installed any addon plugins.
- This is how it looks: If you click on this link, you will be sent to a simplified AMP version of the same content.
- When trying to access the amp version, you may receive a 404 error message.
- Navigate to theSettings » Permalinks page in your WordPress administration area and click on the ‘Save Changes’ button to save your changes.
- This will allow you to update the permalink structure of your website.
View Accelerated Mobile Pages in Google Search Console
Do you want to discover how your Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) perform in Google Search? Look no further. You may simply verify this by visiting the Google Search Console website. Log onto your Google Search Console dashboard and select Search Appearance » Accelerated Mobile Pages from the drop-down menu. Don’t be concerned if you don’t see the effects of your AMP campaign immediately. It may take some time for Google to index your Accelerated Mobile Pages and for data to appear in Search Console when they are indexed.
Getting Accurate Analytics on AMP Pages
One of the most serious problems with AMP is that it might cause your Google Analytics statistics to be skewed. Visitors to your AMP sites are not correctly recorded, and they may even be counted more than once. We recommend that you use MonsterInsights for the most accurate metrics possible. It is the most effective Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. The MonsterInsights AMP plugin will automatically correct your tracking so that you can see the true statistics about your visitors and customers.
You may also be interested in our list of actionable recommendations for increasing traffic to your WordPress website.
On top of that, you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
This means that if you click on one of our affiliate links, we may receive a fee.
See how WPBeginner is supported, why it is important, and how you can help us by donating. The Editorial Staff at WPBeginner is a group of WordPress specialists, lead by Syed Balkhi, who provides guidance and support. Over 1.3 million readers around the world put their trust in us.
How to Properly Set Up WordPress AMP
02nd of February, 2022 Will M.7min Read a Book? According to a recent survey, mobile devices are used to execute more than half of all Google search inquiries globally. It is important to prioritize those sorts of searches when designing your WordPress site, so that it loads quickly while also looking fantastic. However, thanks to the Google-led Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) effort, this process has been made far easier. Obtain a copy of the WordPress cheat sheet In this post, we’ll show you how to configure WordPress AMP in two different ways:
- Using the WordPress AMP plugin that was created by the WordPress team
- The AMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pagesplugin is used to do this.
On top of that, we’ll go through what WordPress AMP is and how to verify it after the installation process is complete. Let’s get started!
What WordPress AMP Is (And How It Can Benefit Your Site)
Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) is an open-source toolkit that allows you to produce mobile-friendly versions of your web pages that are fast, smooth-scrolling, and stripped-down in order to display well on mobile devices. Due to the fact that it is built on current platforms and frameworks, AMP is incredibly user-friendly. Furthermore, it is entirely compatible with the WordPress platform. Briefly stated, the Google AMP Project allows you to produce an exact replica of your website by utilizing AMP HTML instead of regular HTML.
Google then further compresses and flattens your website, resulting in even faster page loading speeds.
Let’s have a look at both sides of the argument.
- An increase in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) (SEO). The most obvious advantage of using Google AMP is that it speeds up your website. Given that page speed is a significant component when it comes to your page’s ranks in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs), this can assist to ensure that your site is more visible to search engines. As an added bonus, Google AMP will ensure that your site’s pages appear in the Google News carousel, which is preferred above the above-the-fold placement on mobile searches, further enhancing your SEO
- A better user experience A stunning 33 percent of all potential sales are said to be lost when a website is not optimized for mobile devices, according to industry estimates. Another survey indicated that 57% of internet users stated they would not suggest a firm that has a poorly-designed mobile website. This is a cause for worry because AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) from Google makes it simple to design user-friendly mobile web pages, which might help you avoid these mistakes
- Server performance has been improved. Google AMP reaps the benefits of some of Google’s most important optimization capabilities. Increased server-side rendering and reduced bandwidth consumption for pictures are the two main benefits of this technique, according to the developers. AMP helps to enhance the performance of your website by lowering the strain placed on your server.
On the other side, the following are some of the potential drawbacks of utilizing Google AMP:
These disadvantages may make you think twice about investing in a responsive web design for your site instead, so think carefully before proceeding. In contrast, Google AMP is still an excellent option to explore if you’re looking for a quick and easy approach to ensure that your web pages appear and work properly on mobile devices. In the next part, we’ll go through two different techniques for configuring WordPress AMP, both of which make use of a few useful Accelerated Mobile Pages WordPress plugins.
How to Set Up WordPress AMP Using Plugins
You’ll need a WordPress AMP plugin to get AMP up and running on your site. We recommend that you back up your WordPress site before proceeding with one of the two options listed below. Once you’ve completed this step, you’ll be ready to begin.
1. Use the AMP for WordPress Plugin
This plugin is a fantastic solution if you want to set up Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) for your WordPress site in a quick and simple manner. Despite the fact that the default version of AMP provides a bare minimum of customization choices, your options may be greatly expanded with the aid of extra plugins. Later on, we’ll go over the steps involved in the procedure. For the time being, let’s walk through the process of configuring the plugin itself. Begin by visitingPlugins—Add New in your WordPress dashboard to add a new plugin.
- Then, on your dashboard, browse to the new Appearance -AMPtab that has been created.
- Select the Design tab from the drop-down menu: You may use this section to adjust the way your WordPress AMP site is presented, as well as to preview any changes you make before publishing your site.
- Additionally, you have the option of choosing whether you want a bright or dark (i.e.
- Once you’re satisfied with your edits, just click thePublish button at the top of the screen.
- To do so, simply return to the WordPress dashboard and choose AMP–General: General Settings.
- You’ll undoubtedly note that there aren’t many customization choices available on this page.
- If you want to incorporate the popularYoast SEOplugin into your AMP configuration, you may useGlue for Yoast SEOAMP.
- Once you’ve finished using the Glue for Yoast SEOAMP plugin, repeat the process for it.
- you may find it on your dashboard It is possible to decide if you wish to enable AMP support for specific articles and media kinds from this menu: After that, click on theSave Changesbutton.
- There, you may customize your WordPress AMP site by choosing an icon, changing the color scheme, and even adding custom CSS: As a reminder, remember to save any changes once you have completed customizing your website.
The next Accelerated Mobile Pages WordPress plugin we release, however, may be a better choice for you if you want greater control over the aesthetic of your WordPress AMP site as well as the possibility to extend its capabilities even further.
2. Install theAMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile PagesPlugin
In order to quickly and simply set up Accelerated Mobile Pages for your WordPress site, theAMP for WordPressplugin is a great solution to use. Aside from a limited range of customization options in the default version of the plugin, other plugins may be used to expand your choices for customizing your AMP configuration. The details of this procedure will be discussed later. As a starting point, let’s go over the process of installing and configuring the plugin. For starters, go to Plugins -> Add New on your WordPress dashboard.
- Enter ” AMP for WordPress ” in the search box, and then seek for the appropriate AMP plugin for WordPress —install and activateit – in the results page.
- This will open the AMP customizer page in a new browser tab or window.
- You may use this section to adjust the way your WordPress AMP site is presented, as well as to preview any changes you make before publishing your website.
- Apart from that, you may choose whether you want a bright or dark color scheme for your site (i.e., black or white).
- It’s also possible to specify whether or not you want your articles, pages, or both to appear on WordPress AMP.
- Click on Save Changes once you’ve checked the boxes under Post Type Support for the features you want to add in your WordPress AMP.
- As a result, there are various plugins available that might help you expand your options.
- Find, install, and activate the Yoast SEO plugin by going to Plugins – Add New in your WordPress admin area.
- Afterwards, proceed toSEO–AMP (search engine optimization).
- It is possible to decide if you wish to enable AMP support for specific articles and media kinds from this screen: Then click on theSave Changesbutton to apply your modifications.
- You may customize the symbol for your WordPress AMP site, as well as the color scheme and even custom CSS, by visiting the following page: As a reminder, remember to save your changes when you have completed customizing your website.
The next Accelerated Mobile Pages WordPress plugin we release, however, may be a better choice for you if you want greater control over the aesthetic of your WordPress AMP site as well as the ability to expand its capabilities even further.
- This contains meta description settings, connection with SEO plugins, and other SEO-related features. Performance – Toggling file minification on and off is controlled by a single setting in the preferences. Minification might help you enhance the speed of your website even further. You may set up connectivity with Google Tag Manager as well as several analytics settings in this section. It is possible to specify whether or not to incorporate WordPress, Disqus and/or Facebook comments in your WordPress AMP site using the Comments setting. In the Advanced Settings, you may add custom HTML for the headers and footers, configure mobile redirection, and turn retina images on and off.
Once you have finished configuring each parameter, make sure to click Save Changes for each one. After that, go to the Design tab and click on it: Essentially, this is where you can make changes to the appearance and feel of your WordPress AMP website. You may accomplish this by selecting an AMP-specific theme from the Theme Selector drop-down menu, which has various options. Following the selection of a theme, you have the option of customizing its appearance. Color schemes and font settings, which are included in the Globaltab, as well as header and footer display options, homepage sidebar options, and more, are all available.
- As soon as you’re satisfied with the appearance of your AMP website, you may save your adjustments.
- In the free version of this plugin, you may take use of a wide range of functions.
- In addition to adding star ratings to items or real estate profiles, there are extensions for integrating AMP WooCommerce Pro, utilizing custom post kinds, and many other things: Premium AMP themes are also available for purchase on the AMP theme store.
- For various website kinds such as news sites, periodicals and so on, there are choices that are tailored expressly to their needs.
- If you wish to take advantage of even more sophisticated capabilities, you can choose from a number of different premium options for the plugin – Accelerated Mobile Pages plugin.
How to Validate Your WordPress AMP Site
After you’ve configured your AMP plugin of choice, there’s one more step you need to do. Your WordPress AMP will require validation in order to guarantee that it can be viewed and linked to by compatible platforms. Validation is also a useful tool for getting a printout of AMP issues, which may be useful for debugging purposes. One quick and simple technique of completing AMP validation is to make use of the developer tools provided by your browser. You’ll need to open an AMP page in your favorite browser in order to accomplish this.
- After that, you’ll need to include the following at the end of the page’s URL: development=1 After you’ve completed this step, navigate to the developer tools console in your browser.
- If there are any mistakes, they will be noted in red, and an explanation of what caused the problem will be provided.
- In the vast majority of circumstances, a button to correct the inaccuracy will be included in the readout.
- Another efficient AMP validation approach is to make use of the AMP Validator plugin for Google Chrome andOpera, which can be downloaded from the Chrome and Opera web stores.
- In addition, if you are using an AMP validator on a non-AMP website, a blue extension symbol will display, which will direct you to the AMP version of that page you are now viewing.
This feature provides a convenient method of identifying components of your site’s theme that may be interfering with the appropriate display of WordPress AMP.
Search engine rankings and conversion rates may both be dramatically impacted by even a few extra seconds of loading time on your site. We have observed that utilizing Google AMPcan help you ensure that the pages on your site load at lightning speed on mobile devices, which is a welcome development. Furthermore, setting and customizing AMP for WordPress is basic and straightforward, provided that you utilize the appropriate Accelerated Mobile Pages WordPress plugin. Do you have any queries about how to set up any WordPress AMP plugin or about how to use them together?
Will Morris works as a writer on the WordCandy team.
AMP for WordPress
Performance is important to your site’s success, regardless of the position you play on it. Because of this, you must understand about the difficulties associated with providing consistently outstanding performance, and about the tools available to you for achieving exceptional performance for your site.
Developers and Implementers
You may use the plugin if you are a developer or an implementer since it offers you with strong and effective developer tools to assist you in the development of AMP Compatible ecosystem components (e.g., plugins, themes), as well as whole sites and ecosystem solutions.
In the case that you are not a programmer, the AMP plugin allows you to put together fully AMP compatible sites with a variety of configurations that take advantage of AMP compatible components, while also assisting you in dealing with validation issues by removing offending markup where possible, or suppressing the execution of any AMP-incompatible plugin in the context of AMP pages altogether.
Site owners and those in charge of determining the technical direction of their sites will find that AMP provides cost-effective tools to address the performance and usability aspects of their sites that are critical for success in today’s web environment. AMP requires a low level of resource investment, which results in a higher return on investment.
What is AMP and how to use it
A project developed by Google and Twitter, AMP stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages, and its goal is to make mobile pages load more quickly and improve the performance of websites when viewed on mobile devices. On mobile devices, AMP should make your content load lightning fast or virtually instantaneously, depending on the device. On the other hand, you don’t truly have complete control over your content design and other such aspects because the AMP technology removes away any unnecessary features and design elements.
How to install AMP on WordPress website
The AMP plugin developed by Automattic is the most effective method of incorporating AMP support into your WordPress-powered website. When you enable this plugin, the a/amp/version prefix will be added to all of the post URLs on your site. Because of this, you may include the prefix /amp/ in the URL and see the AMP version of a certain post or page. When you use the plugin, it inserts a standard meta tag into the head of your usual pages, making it easy for Google and other search engines to identify the presence of these pages.
It should function right out of the box once you have installed and activated the plugin, and your AMP sites will be configured immediately.
Watch this video on how to configure AMP on WordPress websites for more information. Please refer to the AMP project FAQs for further information and specifics on the AMP project.
How to Set Up Google AMP for WordPress (And Why You Should)
The content on Themeisle is completely free. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our referral links, we receive a commission. Read on to find out more You require a quick load time for your WordPress website. Study after study has revealed that users are increasingly demanding that websites load as rapidly as possible. And this is especially true on mobile devices, where data plans can make things more difficult to navigate. Setting up Google AMP for WordPress is an excellent approach to speed up your site on mobile devices if you are dealing with sluggish data connections (Accelerated Mobile Pages).
What is Google AMP?
Google AMP, which stands for Accelerated Mobile Pages, is an open source mobile effort from Google that aims to improve the performance of the mobile web by caching content. It simply allows you to build mobile-friendly versions of your articles and pages and offer them to users on their mobile devices. Visitors that arrive via Google Search will benefit from Google’s caching of your AMP content, which will make it even faster to load. AMP is ideal for non-interactive material such as articles and videos.
In contrast, if your site is mostly “read” by your visitors, then AMP is a fantastic approach to speed up your pages without sacrificing functionality.
What are the benefits of Google AMP for WordPress?
The most significant advantage of Google AMP is the reduction in page load times. What is the magnitude of the improvement? The answer to that question is dependent on how well your present mobile site is optimized. However, it has the potential to be rather significant: In an interview with the Washington Post, Jarrod Dicker claims that their AMP pages load an average of 88 percent quicker than their traditional mobile site. What does that look like in real time? Page load speeds of less than 400 milliseconds.
AMP content also gets special search results
Improvements in page load speeds are the primary benefit of Google AMP. What is the magnitude of the progress made thus far? That is dependent on how well your present mobile site is optimized at the time of writing. The consequences of this, however, can be rather severe: Washington Post reporter Jarrod Dicker claims that their AMP pages load on average 88 percent faster than their non-AMP mobile site. Who knows what’s happening right now. Page load speeds of less than 400 milliseconds are acceptable.
But does Google AMP have drawbacks?
Some WordPress publishers are dissatisfied with Google AMP for WordPress. The majority of these objections are motivated solely by financial considerations. Because AMP is so stripped-down, it restricts the amount of advertising space available. AMP content can include advertisements, although doing so can be time-consuming and complicated to install. Even though Google continues to extend the number of ad formats that are supported by AMP, some publishers have reported lesser income from AMP sites than they have reported from conventional mobile pages.
I’m not sure how AMP will effect your revenue, so I can’t say for certain. A large number of other publishers have reported that they are able to make comparable sums through AMP pages. You’ll have to take a look for yourselves.
How to set up Google AMP for WordPress
With the help of a simple plugin, Automattic has made it quite simple to install basic AMP pages for WordPress. However, because this plugin does not provide you with any options for configuring how your AMP material performs, I’ll show you another plugin that will allow you to further personalize your AMP pages later on.
Configuring the basic Google AMP plugin for WordPress
The most basic version of the AMP plugin is provided by Automattic and requires no configuration. All that is required is that you install and activate it. After that, you can view AMP versions of your posts by appending “/amp” to the end of the URLs for your regular posts: However, there are some significant flaws in the basic AMP plugin:
- It only works for posts at this time. Notpages
- You are unable to customize the appearance or functionality of your AMP content.
Here’s what you can do to correct the situation:
Adding advanced functionality to your AMP content
The AMP for WP plugin allows you to extend the functionality and configuration possibilities of your AMP content by a slew of additional features. Please keep in mind that this plugin must be used in combination with the prior plugin. This implies that in order to use this plugin, you must first have the preceding plugin installed and enabled. AMP for WordPress provides you with the ability to:
- Configure the appearance of your AMP content
- AdSense advertisements should be included in AMP content. Include social sharing buttons in your AMP content. You should make AMP available for all of your pages, not just your posts.
Installing and activating the plugin will get you started. While the basic AMP plugin is still active, you should see a newAMPtab in your sidebar: As long as you have both plugins running, you should see the following: You may configure the design of your AMP pages with the WordPress Customizer, which can be accessed through the Appearance AMP: Design menu. There, you may change the layout and color scheme to suit your needs:
Adding ads to your AMP content
To incorporate AdSense advertisements into your AMP content, navigate to theAdvertisementtab and setup various AdSense blocks. All you have to do is choose your ad position and size, as well as enter your publisher information: Additionally, the plugin features a paid extension that adds support for other ad formats, including a sticky ad bar, to the mix. The cost of this addon is $19.99.
To add social media buttons, all you have to do is navigate to the Social page. Individual networks can be enabled or disabled from this screen: Also available in the Singletab is the option to fully disable social buttons.
Enabling AMP for WordPress pages
This functionality may be enabled by heading to the General tab and then scrolling down to AMP on Pages: Display AMP versions of your WordPress pages. You should also experiment with the plugin’s other minor parameters, which include the font size and color. However, the steps outlined above should guide you through the process of customizing all of the essential features.
FAQ – Frequently asked AMP questions
When it comes to AMP with WordPress, there are two often asked questions. I’ll attempt to address them as soon as possible here.
- What about the penalty for duplicating content? Due to the fact that the plugin creates a duplicate AMP version of your website, you may be concerned about being penalized for duplicating content. However, you are not required to do so! By adding “rel=canonical” tags to your original WordPress article, the plugin prevents the possibility of receiving a duplicate content penalty. Is it necessary to redirect viewers to AMP-optimized content? You don’t have to be concerned about diverting users in any way. Google will automatically redirect search visitors to AMP versions of your sites when the situation calls for it. Other websites that enable AMP content (such as Pinterest, for example) will follow suit. While someone browsing on their mobile device will not be forwarded to the AMP version of your material, they will be sent to the standard version of your content.
Wrapping things up
Google AMP for WordPress is a fantastic approach to improve the performance of your site for mobile users. It’s not appropriate for every website, and you’ll need to keep an eye on how it impacts your earnings as a result. However, if your income does not suffer as a result of AMP, your visitors will be pleased, and you will receive the coveted AMP designation in Google’s mobile search results.
For help getting started with Google AMP for WordPress, please leave a comment below and I’ll do my best to assist you as much as possible.
Setting up WordPress for AMP: Accelerated Mobile Pages
What AMP is and what it tries to accomplish are discussed in this piece, as well as who should install it and why, how to prepare your WordPress site for AMP, and how to ensure that Yoast SEO works well with it.
What are Accelerated Mobile Pages/AMP?
The Accelerated Mobile Websites initiative tries to make pages load as quickly as possible when viewed on mobile devices. For a large number of individuals, the internet is painfully sluggish. In fact, the vast majority of people who use the internet do so via a mobile phone, sometimes via a 2G or occasionally a 3G connection. In order to ensure that websites load as quickly as possible, AMP restricts the functionality of HTML pages. The emphasis is placed on quickness rather than on flashy design.
AMP pages have the appearance of a highly simplified version of standard web pages, yet they include all of the necessary information.
In AMP, all of the “fluff” on your pages is removed, including any read more links you may have included in your theme, and any other unnecessary elements.
Which plugin(s) to use?
This plugin does a fantastic job of enabling AMP on your site, and it’s free to use. It can even convert your template and content without your intervention. When you enable this plugin, the a/amp/version prefix will be added to all of the post URLs on your site. So any post may be visited by appending /amp/ to the end of the URL and viewing the AMP version of that post. When you use the plugin, a standard meta tag is added to the top of your usual pages. This makes it possible for search engines such as Google and others to identify the existence of these sites.
It is possible that you may need to make some adjustments to the plugin’s configuration parameters in order for it to function properly on your site.
How does this work with Yoast SEO?
We seamlessly interact with the official AMP plugin in order to create accurate information, structured markup, and other SEO-friendly components. Please don’t be concerned — we’ll handle everything! Learn more about how site speed affects SEO by visiting this page. Jono is a digital strategist, marketing technologist, and full stack developer that works in the technology industry. He is interested in technical search engine optimization, new technologies, and brand strategy.
9 Best AMP WordPress Plugins for Speed, Search & Tracking
If you want your website to load as rapidly as possible on a mobile device, you should consider using Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP). Unfortunately, if you are using WordPress, this is not difficult to accomplish because there are several AMP plugins accessible. Even better, a large number of them are completely free. You will, however, need to put in some effort to ensure that they are correctly configured.
It’s possible that you’ll need to make some design adjustments. Nonetheless, if Google awards your site with a top ranking in mobile search, the effort will have been worthwhile. Before you begin using any of these AMP plugins for WordPress, please ensure that you have completed the following steps:
- Develop and maintain an offsite backup copy of your website Check to see whether it works in your web hosting environment. Make certain that it corresponds to your website’s objectives. Make sure you have a developer on hand to ensure that it can be set correctly. Make certain that it is compatible with your theme.
Here are some of the most effective AMP plugins for WordPress currently available on the market.
1. The Official AMP Plugin for WordPress
If you’re undecided about which plugin to select from this list, you almost surely won’t go wrong with the one that was created by the official AMP project, which you can find here. Here are a few examples of its abilities:
- It is compatible with the “core” themes (such as Twenty Twenty), which means it may be used with any theme you like. Compatibility tool: In some cases, it is not feasible to automate the insertion of AMP markup. When this occurs, the plugin will provide a list of the components that are producing issues, allowing you to fix them yourself. Cascading style sheets (CSS) tree shaking: The tool will remove any unnecessary cascading style sheets (CSS) from your website, allowing you to keep inside the AMP-mandated 50k limit. Stories in AMP: While still in development at the time of this writing, the AMP Stories plugin allows you to easily create, modify, and publish AMP Stories.
Also available is the option to customize the tool to operate in one of three template modes:
- Standard: Make use of the AMP plugin for the entirety of your website. There is no need to differentiate between AMP and non-AMP material. Reader: Displays pages with a reduced design that adheres to AMP specifications. AMP URLs are used on each page in addition to the canonical URL. This feature provides the same look and feel for both AMP and non-AMP encounters.
In addition, the plugin is updated on a regular basis. Yet another advantage of having “the newest and best” is that it appeals to people who enjoy having “the latest and greatest.”
2. AMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages
The AMP for WP plugin is one of the more highly rated solutions on our list, and it deserves to be included. Yes, it even has a higher average rating than the one created by the official AMP project, which is rather impressive. AMP for WordPress also comes with a robust feature set, which includes the following:
- Support for Google AdSense
- Support for Contact Form 7
- Support for email opt-in
- Support for Call To Action
As a result, if you want to turn your website into something that looks and functions like a mobile app and utilize it for digital marketing, this plugin could well be your best option. Also compatible with some of the most popular WordPress SEO plugins, including Yoast SEO, All-in-One SEO, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Rank Math, and The SEO Framework, the tool is easy to use. Additionally, AMP for WordPress works with the WooCommerce e-commerce platform. If you’re in the business of selling items online, just having that option can provide you a significant competitive edge.
3. SchemaStructured Data for WPAMP
You might be interested in learning how to include markup on your sites so that they show as rich snippets in search results. Check out the SchemaStructured Data for WPAMP plugin if that’s what you’re after. Please keep in mind that this is not an AMP plugin in the traditional sense. It does, however, support AMP. That is the most crucial thing to take away from this. In addition, the tool supports 33 distinct schema kinds, including blog entries, news articles, local business data, recipes, items, and videos, to name just a few examples.
Furthermore, the tool enables conditional display fields, allowing you to choose which posts, pages, or other information is marked up.
The premium edition of the tool allows you to add reviews as well as receive priority customer service.
4. PWA for WPAMP
For anyone interested in converting their website into a progressive web application (PWA), the PWA for WPAMP plugin may be of interest. Make advantage of the tool to enhance your user’s experience by using the latest and greatest web technology bells and whistles in your design. For starters, and perhaps most crucially for the sake of this essay, the plugin provides complete AMP compatibility. It also has UTM tracking, multi-site functionality, and the ability to set a cache expiration time.
Visitors will notice a reduction in loading times as a result of this.
Visitors may access the site in a jiffy even if they are not connected to the internet through WiFi. The premium edition of PWA for WPAMP provides you with access to a loaded icon library, calls to action, and data analytics, among other features and benefits.
5. Glue for Yoast SEOAMP
If you already have the Yoast SEO plugin and the Official AMP Plugin for WordPress installed, you’ll need to install the Glue for Yoast SEOAMP plugin on top of it. Why? Because it serves as the “glue” that allows the two plugins to communicate with one another. AMP material may also be easily customized with the use of this tool. Additionally, Glue provides rudimental style to your site, allowing you to keep at least a small portion of the site’s look and feel for users who are using AMP. It’s being developed by the same developer that is behind the Yoast SEO plugin, which you can read more about here.
6. AMP WP – Google AMP for WordPress
AMP plugins are becoming increasingly popular, and this one looks to be a relatively fresh addition to the repository. As of right moment, there are just a thousand active installations of the software. Nonetheless, the AMP WordPress plugin shows potential. In accordance with the product description, you can get up to a 5x increase in loading speed using the tool. In addition, the creator says that it is 100 percent compatible with the Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress. A few more features that come as part of the plugin are as follows:
- Support for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (for Europe)
- Slider support
- Related posts view
- Availability of third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics)
- The ability to configure AMP for certain taxonomies (tag and category groups). Optional sticky headers
- Image lightboxes
- And other features.
7. weeblrAMP CE
By enabling you to generate a completely full AMP version of your whole site, theweeblrAMP plugin goes above and beyond what other plugins can do on their own. There are various additional programs that weeblrAMP connects with, including the ones listed below.
- Disqus, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook pixel, Yoast SEO, Jetpack, WooCommerce, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, and many more are all available.
Additionally, the plugin allows you to completely personalize the AMP experience through the use of template overrides. As of right moment, weeblrAMP has just 700 active installations. However, it has a 4.5-star rating on Amazon.
8. AMP It Up!
Additionally, AMP It Up!
You won’t have to hunt around for another plugin to accomplish this task either.
AMP It Up!
9. AMP Stories for WordPress
Do you want to know how to make full-screen multimedia that loads quickly on the web? You may utilize AMP Stories to increase the amount of time that website visitors spend engaging with your business. And, yeah, they’re exactly the same as Instagram Stories. Your AMP Stories can feature photos, animations, videos, music, and text, all of which can be customized. Take a look at theAMP Stories for WordPress plugin if you’re interested in learning more about utilizing AMP Stories on your website.
In addition, the tool allows you to put a URL in your Story description.
The pro edition of AMP Stories for WordPress offers features such as bookend management, support for additional information at the end of Stories, and connectivity with Facebook. The tool now has a 5-star rating on Google.
Wrapping It Up
It is essential in this mobile-first world to have a website that loads rapidly on mobile devices. Fortunately, with AMP, this is a simple process. What is not so simple is manually integrating AMP technology into your website’s code. For those of you who use WordPress, there are a variety of plugins available that will take care of everything for you. What are you waiting for? If you haven’t already, install one of the AMP plugins provided above and get started right now. For further information, please see the following:
- An Introduction to Mobile Search Engine Optimization
- 7 Ways a Mobile-First Index Has an Impact on Search Engine Optimization
- Is it true that mobile killed the desktop?
Credits for the image All screenshots were captured by the author in December of this year.