Simply edit the post where you want to hide the featured image. On the post edit screen, scroll down a little, and you will find the ‘Show/Hide Featured Image‘ metabox. You need to check the box next to ‘Hide Featured Image’ option. You can now save your post and preview it to see the plugin in action.
- 1 How do I change the featured image settings in WordPress?
- 2 How do I show featured image in WordPress?
- 3 How do you bulk remove featured images from posts in WordPress?
- 4 How do you delete featured items?
- 5 How do I delete a category image in WooCommerce?
- 6 What is a featured image in a blog post?
- 7 How do I change the featured image size on my WordPress blog?
- 8 Is it possible to hide the WordPress header?
- 9 How do I show featured image in custom post type?
- 10 What is meant by featured image in WordPress?
- 11 How do I fix pictures not displaying?
- 12 How To Hide A Featured Image In A WordPress Post
- 13 How to Check If Your WordPress Theme has ‘Hide a Featured Image’ Option
- 14 Using Plugins to Hide WordPress Featured Image
- 15 How to hide a featured image in a WordPress post?
- 16 Frequently Asked Questions
- 17 How to Hide a Featured Image From a Single WordPress Post (Updated)
- 18 Check if your WordPress Theme Has the Option to Hide a Featured Image
- 19 Use a Plugin to Hide Featured Image from your Post
- 20 Bonus Plugin to Manage Featured Images without Hiding Them
- 21 How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post & Page
- 22 How to Hide the Featured Image in WordPress — Easy Methods
- 23 How to Hide the Featured Image in WordPress
- 24 The Theme Option Explorer
- 25 Check for Themes General Settings
- 26 Plugins to Hide Featured Images on WordPress PostsPages
- 27 How to Disable Featured Images by Editing Your Themes Files
- 28 The CSS Trick to Hide Featured Image on Select Posts
- 29 How to hide featured image in WordPress post
- 30 1. Hide featured image within WordPress theme options.
- 31 2. Hide featured image with WordPress Plugins
- 32 How to use ‘Conditionally display featured image on singular posts and pages’ Plugins?
- 33 What is the importance of featured images on a blog or website?
- 34 Can I use multiple featured images for a single post?
- 35 How to hide featured image in post (WordPress) with code?
- 36 How to remove featured image from the home page?
- 37 How to remove featured image from body of a post?
- 38 How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post
- 39 How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress?
- 40 How Can I Use Multiple Featured Image in WordPress
- 41 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 42 Wrapping Up
- 43 How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post (Easily)
- 44 Hide WordPress Featured Image in All Post Manually
- 45 Hiding Featured Image in WordPress Post via Plugin
- 46 Wrapping Up
- 47 How To Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post or Page
- 48 What Exactly Is A Featured Image?
- 49 Why Use Featured Images?
- 50 Why Hiding Featured Images is Useful
- 51 Hiding Featured images
How do I change the featured image settings in WordPress?
Open the editor for the post or page. Click the gear icon in the top right corner to open the settings panel. In the settings panel under the Post tab, select Featured image > Set featured image. Upload your featured image or select one from your media library.
How do I show featured image in WordPress?
If you can’t find the featured Image feature in your editing screen of your post or page, then click on the Screen Options button in the top right corner of your WordPress edit screen and check the featured image checkbox. It should appear right away.
How do you bulk remove featured images from posts in WordPress?
Simply upload the images you want to use under ‘ Actions with multiple images ‘. The last section on the page is labeled ‘Action with no images’. Under this section, you can use the first image in a post as featured image or remove featured images from all posts on your website.
How do you delete featured items?
Hello, To remove the featured items on the main page go to Themes > Theme Settings > Home Page. Use the drop down menu to select ‘none’ and voila! I hope that helps!
How do I delete a category image in WooCommerce?
In your WordPress Admin Dashboard, navigate Themes > Customize. Once in, navigate WooCommerce > Product Catalog. You should change under Shop page display, select Show Products and that’s it.
What is a featured image in a blog post?
Featured images are used as thumbnails when pages or blog posts are shared on social media. You can choose whether to set a featured image on each individual page or post. You also have the option of displaying featured images on your blog listing page.
How do I change the featured image size on my WordPress blog?
Go to Appearance -> Themes -> Customize and look for the options. Also, some themes will have additional settings that can usually be found in the Appearance menu. If you can find one, you’re in luck because you can change the featured image size in just a few clicks.
Is it possible to hide the WordPress header?
In the WordPress admin panel, click Appearance > Customize. To remove the header, click Header > Header layout and for the Layout setting select None.
How do I show featured image in custom post type?
You can simply enable support Post thumbnail for any custom post type with the following line of code in the theme’s function. php file. add_post_type_support( ‘forum’, ‘thumbnail’ ); Note: Here, the forum is the post type name.
What is meant by featured image in WordPress?
Your WordPress featured image is the image that appears on your blog post list page, and sometimes at the top of your individual blog posts. Featured images are tucked away in the sidebar of the WordPress blog post editor, yet are a key option.
How do I fix pictures not displaying?
However, this step-by-step guide should help you resolve the issue.
- Try a Different Browser.
- Check the Show All Images Option.
- Test No Extensions with Incognito.
- Clear the Google Chrome Cache.
- Make Sure Chrome is Updated.
- Try Renaming the Chrome Data Folder.
- Reset Your Chrome Browser.
How To Hide A Featured Image In A WordPress Post
In the year 2021, WordPress made some big feature enhancements. One of the most recent additions is the ability to ‘add a featured image.’ It does not, however, instruct you on how to conceal the featured picture in a WordPress blog article. Including a featured picture in your text is essential for improving the readability of your material. It is possible, though, that you have specific reasons for wanting to keep it hidden from your postings. The three simple ways for hiding WordPress featured pictures will be demonstrated in the next section of the article.
What is the WordPress Featured Image?
The featured picture is sometimes referred to as the post thumbnail in some circles. It is a feature of the WordPress theme that lets you to utilize representative pictures for articles, pages, and custom post kinds, among other things. You may use it to provide additional support for the material on your website. With this most recent addition, you have the option of customizing your product with numerous patterns and sizes. Post Thumbnails is a phrase that is used in various WordPress functions and template tags, as well as in the title of this post.
The Benefit of Using WordPress Featured Image
The featured picture is also known as the post thumbnail in some circles. It is a feature of the WordPress theme that allows you to utilize representative pictures for articles, pages, and custom post kinds in your website or blog. The material on your website will benefit from it if it is supported by other resources. This latest feature allows you to personalize your product with a variety of styles and sizes. Post Thumbnails is a phrase that is used in various WordPress functions and template tags, as well as in the title of this article.
Why You Need to Learn How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post
The use of featured photos is critical in increasing traffic to your website. The wrong usage of pictures, on the other hand, might result in a congested page. That alone should be sufficient justification for hiding the WordPress featured picture from your blogs or websites. Some WordPress themes have an in-built option to conceal prominent images, which you may use to your advantage. If your theme does not have this built-in functionality, you will need to select an alternative theme option to use.
How to Check If Your WordPress Theme has ‘Hide a Featured Image’ Option
It is not always feasible to delete the featured image from a post after it has been published. If you delete the picture from your website, it will be removed from all of the pages on your website. Perhaps you’d want to retain it on your blog’s front page, but remove it from the rest of the website. So, first and foremost, look at the featured option in your WordPress theme. If your theme has the option to ‘hide a featured picture,’ you may access it from the options area and conceal photos from a specific page or blog post.
If that option is not accessible, continue reading.
Here Are The Steps to Check the ‘Hide a Featured Image’ Option:
- Go to the WordPress theme dashboard and change the theme. To post all of your posts, click on the PostAll Posts button. Select the Edit option from the drop-down menu beneath your WordPress posts.
You should now be able to discover the option to delete featured photos under ‘Featured Image.'” After you have completed these steps, a screenshot will appear, which will say: Look for the choice in each of the menus.
Most likely, your theme does not have the option to “Hide a Featured Image” enabled, in which case you will not see it.
Hey, did you know data can be beautiful too?
WpDataTables has the ability to accomplish this. A solid reason why it is the number one WordPress plugin for producing responsive tables and charts is that it does what it does really well. An genuine live demonstration of wpDataTables in action And something like this is quite simple to accomplish:
- You are responsible for providing the table data. Configure and personalize it as needed. Put it on a blog or a Facebook page
In addition to being beautiful, it is also functional. The table may include millions of rows, and you can use powerful filters and search, or you can let your imagination run wild and make it editable in real time. “Alright, but I just enjoy Excel a little too much, and there isn’t anything like it on the internet.” Yes, there is one. You may apply conditional formatting, similar to what you might see in Excel or Google Sheets. Did I mention that you can build charts with your data as well? And that’s only a small portion of the picture.
The Ultimate Guide on How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post
If your theme does not allow you to conceal a featured picture from a post, you will need to create some code for it. This may be accomplished by logging into the Admin Panel. Select AppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS from the drop-down menu. Copy the following code and paste it into your browser: . img display: none; entry-content img display: none; If you have a single post, this code will make the featured picture disappear. You may conceal a featured image for a certain post by using the following code:.post-12345.post-image display: none;.post-12345.post-image Keep in mind to replace the 1234 code from the post picture with your real post ID in the post.
It will only conceal the images from the exact pages that have been selected.
Using Plugins to Hide WordPress Featured Image
Choose from a variety of free and paid plugins if you prefer not to utilize codes to conceal featured pictures from your WordPress article. This is preferable to creating a new theme, which would need a significant amount of time and work. Then, go to the WordPress plugins repository and search for the “Hide A Featured Plugin” that best meets your requirements and preferences. Choose the one that has received the most downloads and the highest rating. Before purchasing a plugin, do your research to ensure that you are not getting a plugin that contains undesired broken codes.
As a result, select the most appropriate for your website.
Hide Featured Image
As soon as you have installed and activated this plugin, you will notice that the ‘Show/Hide Featured Image’ meta box will appear at the bottom of your blog post. Select the ‘Hide Featured Image’ option from the drop-down menu. Once you’ve finished, go back to your post and save the modifications. The Preview option has now been enabled for your convenience. It is simple to understand and utilize. There is no need to configure the settings as you would with other plugins. It will not remove your featured picture from your WordPress media post, as is commonly believed.
If you wish to make your featured picture visible again, you may uncheck the ‘Hide Featured Image’ option in the settings. Additional features include the ability to create custom post kinds with featured images.
Conditionally Display Featured Images
This plugin is designed to work with the most recent WordPress version. It is very simple to operate, with only a few buttons. Log in to your WordPress administration area. Select PluginsAdd New from the drop-down menu. Then look for the plugin Conditionally Display Featured Images in the search bar. Finally, choose Install and then Activate from the drop-down menu. Click the ‘Add New’ button in the ‘Pages’ and ‘Posts’ sections of the page. The ‘Featured Image’ portion of the editor may be found on the right-hand side of the screen.
You may now use this plugin to conceal the featured picture on your WordPress blog.
Quick Featured Images
If none of the above mentioned plugins work with your theme, you can try Quick Features Images. The only drawback of using this plugin is that you are unable to ‘hide’ the featured photos from your site’s front-end interface. Instead, you’ll have no trouble adding and removing the featured images as needed. Utilizing and activating it is a breeze. The following is a step-by-step guide:
- Log in to your WordPress administration area. Then navigate to the plugins area and select the “Add New” option. Look for the Quick Featured Images plugin and click on the Install option.
- Select ‘Activate’ from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, go to the “Posts” area of the website and choose “All Post”
- You may remove the image from your website by clicking on the ‘Remove Featured Image’ button. To the contrary, you may use the ‘Set Featured Image’ button to include a photo in your posts or pages.
The Key Takeaways on How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post
It is entirely up to you whether or not to conceal or display your WordPress featured picture; nevertheless, understanding how to hide the featured image in a WordPress post might help you enhance your website’s performance. Images can be hidden to save sites from becoming crowded. It will also assist you in retaining the photographs on the sites where you want them to be shown in the future. Setting up this feature is straightforward, even if you do not have the specialized knowledge of a main developer.
A few related topics were also covered, such as how to identify if an online presence is powered by WordPress, how to remove WordPress from cPanel, how to embed excel in html, how to embed a pdf in WordPress, how to optimize CSS delivery in WordPress, and how to design a website similar to Amazon.com
How to hide a featured image in a WordPress post?
Featured images on WordPress articles are now standard practice in the year 2021, with practically every WordPress theme offering the capability. However, not all themes provide you the option to conceal the main picture in their design. So, if you’re looking for information on how to conceal a featured picture in WordPress articles, this article will be of use to you. Following are three simple strategies for hiding a featured picture in a WordPress article that you can use right now.
1. Check if the WordPress theme you have has the option to hide a featured image.
One of the advantages of WordPress themes is the ability to display a featured picture. As a result, the first thing you should do is determine whether or not your theme offers the option of hiding prominent photos. To see if this functionality is available on your WordPress theme, follow these steps:
- Go to your WordPress themedashboard
- Choose Post and then All Posts
- And then click Save. Afterwards, click on theEditoption that appears underneath your WordPress posts.
You will see the following options under the preview button, as seen in the picture below: You should now be able to delete featured photos from your website by selecting ‘Featured Image’ from the menu bar. If you still can’t find it, try navigating through each tab one by one until you do discover it. If you are still unable to do so, it is likely that your WordPress theme does not have the ability to hide featured photos on its own.
We recommend that you choose a theme that allows you to customize the featured picture, such as Rara Business Pro, Astra, or Divi, to do this. These themes are search engine optimization (SEO) friendly, lightweight, and completely customisable.
2. Using a WordPress plugin to hide features image
It is possible to hide a featured picture in your WordPress theme if your current theme does not allow it and you do not want to upgrade to a new theme. A WordPress plugin may be used to do this. It should be noted, however, that this plugin has not been updated in a long time and has not been tested on the most recent WordPress versions. As a result, do your homework in advance. According to a survey, plugins are responsible for 52 percent of all WordPress vulnerabilities. So consider twice before putting this plugin on your computer.
Here are some plugins you can use:
Remove the featured image from the page Look for the ” Hide Featured Image ” plugin in the WordPress plugin directory. This plugin is also highly recommended by the majority of bloggers. The number of active installations has also increased significantly. [pagebreak] The steps are as follows:
- Activate and install the ‘Hide prominent image’ plugin on your site.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ section of your WordPress dashboard. Select’Hide Featured Image’from the drop-down menu and click it.
- There is an option to hide photographs from posts and pages in the “General Settings” section of the dashboard. Select a choice and then click on the ‘Submit’ button to the right
Display Featured Images Only When They Are Required Another potential plugin is “Conditionally show featured photos on solitary posts and pages,” which is described as follows: This plugin does the same function as the previous one, namely showing or concealing the featured photos in WordPress articles. Furthermore, it is compatible with the most recent WordPress version on the market. Installing and configuring the “Conditionally show featured image” plugin is made easier with the aid of this video guide.
- Log in to your WordPress administration area. Navigate to Plugins and then click on Add New
- A search bar will appear on the top right of the page. Type “Only show the featured image if the condition is met.” To install the plugin, select ‘Install’ from the drop-down menu. To make the plugin operational, click on the ‘Activate’ button.
- Click on “All Post” under “Posts” in the navigation bar
- Select the post that contains the featured picture that you wish to conceal from view. Select ‘Edit’ from the drop-down menu. Then, on the right side, underneath the preview button, click on’Featured Image ‘, and select the option that reads “Display featured image in post lists only, hide on single views.”
If this plugin does not function properly, there is another plugin that may be used to alter the featured photos. It is referred to as Quick Featured Images. Currently, this plugin does not include the option to “Hide” the featured photos. However, you may easily add and delete featured photos from your website.
- If this plugin does not function properly, there is another plugin that may be used to modify the featured photos on your website. Quick Featured Images is the name of the game. It is not possible to ‘Hide’ the featured photos with this plugin. The featured photographs, on the other hand, may be easily added and removed.
- Alternatively, you may go to “Posts” and click on “All Post.” Click on ‘Remove Featured Image’ to remove the image from the page, or click on ‘Set Featured Image’ to quickly add an image to the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Using a single line of code in the WordPress CSS, you may hide featured pictures entirely. Take the actions outlined below:
- Navigate to your WordPress administration panel. Select AppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS from the drop-down menu. Now enter the following code into your browser:
the image tag is set to none in the entry-content section. If you have a single post, this code will make the featured picture disappear. If you want to conceal the featured picture for a certain post, enter the following code in the post editor: .post-12345.post-image display: none;.post-12345.post-image You must substitute your real post ID for the number 1234.
Q. What is the importance of a Featured Image in a WordPress post?
According to a research, visitors to a website who find it compelling are 38 percent more likely to leave the site. As a result, we can see how important it is to provide a good first impression in order to keep visitors. Featured photos that are appropriate for your content serve as a visual introduction to your entire material. Furthermore, they improve the overall design of your page and encourage your visitors to read the material on your page.
Q. Can I use multiple featured images for my blog or post?
Yes, you are permitted to use numerous featured photos on your site or in your article. Downloading the Dynamic Featured Imageplugin for this purpose is highly recommended. This plugin allows you to display numerous featured photos on a single page or in multiple custom articles. You don’t have to write a single line of code to specify the amount of featured photos you wish to include in your post.
After reading our article, were you able to successfully conceal the featured picture in your WordPress theme? Also, see our post on how to add alt tags to photos in WordPress for more information. Please share your thoughts in the comment area below.
How to Hide a Featured Image From a Single WordPress Post (Updated)
Recently, a friend enquired about the quickest and most straightforward method of hiding a featured picture from a single WordPress article. He agreed to test out the plugin “Hide Featured Image” when I informed him that I had heard good things about it. Unfortunately for him, the plugin did not function properly. Why? The last time it was updated was more than two years ago, and it had not been tested with the three prior WordPress versions before that. The best practice is to avoid installing plugins that haven’t been updated in more than one year!
Moreover, in this piece, I’ll teach you how to conceal a single featured picture from within a WordPress post.
Check if your WordPress Theme Has the Option to Hide a Featured Image
If you want to conceal an image in WordPress on a specific post instead of deleting it, you may do it using the WordPress image hiding feature. The most common reason for doing this is when you want to display a picture on your blog’s home page but not on individual posts on your blog. The featured picture is a setting controlled by WordPress themes, and many of them have the ability to conceal the featured image entirely if desired. Consequently, the simplest method is to see if the feature is accessible in your particular theme.
Under the preview button, which is located on the right side of your page, you will see options that are similar to those in the picture below.
Use a Plugin to Hide Featured Image from your Post
What happens if your WordPress theme does not have this feature? While you can experiment with “The Hide Feature Image Plugin,” I do not suggest it for the reasons listed below.
- This website hasn’t been updated in a very long time. It has received a large number of negative reviews
In addition, even if it works, you should be aware that 52 percent of WordPress vulnerabilities are created by plugins that have not been updated or that have been badly coded. The use of code may also be used to conceal a featured picture, however this is not a particularly user-friendly solution for newcomers. There is a better way to do things. Plugin named “Conditionally show featured picture on solitary posts and pages” is being used to do this. If it’s more convenient for you, I’ve made a video that demonstrates how simple it is to use the plugin to conceal the featured picture from a specific individual article within WordPress.
More information may be found here.
Step 1: Log into your WordPress dashboard and select Plugins-Add New from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Download and install the plugin Step 4: Make the Plugin operational.
Step 6: Edit the post whose featured picture you’d like to remove the image from. Step 7: Select Featured Image from the drop-down menu to the right of the preview button. Step 8: Select the option “Display featured picture in post lists only, hide on single views” as seen in the screenshot below.
Bonus Plugin to Manage Featured Images without Hiding Them
It’s also important to note that 52 percent of WordPress vulnerabilities are created by plugins that haven’t been updated in a long time or that have been badly coded. The use of code may also be used to conceal a featured picture, although this is not a particularly simple solution for novices. Fortunately, there is an alternate route. The plugin “Conditionally display featured picture on solitary posts and pages” is used to do this. As a courtesy, I’ve made a video that demonstrates how simple it is to use the plugin to remove a featured picture from a specific post in WordPress.
- More information may be obtained by visiting video to be played To use text instead of images, simply follow the simple step by step instructions provided below.
- Tip 2: Type Conditionally display featured in the search box at the top right of the page.
- Installing the plugin in Step 4 Then navigate to the posts section and choose “All posts” from the drop-down menu.
- Featured Image is located on the right side of the page, just below the preview button.
- Step 8:
How to Easily Remove and Add Featured Images using“Quick Featured Images”
It’s also important to note that 52 percent of WordPress vulnerabilities are created by plugins that haven’t been updated in a long time or that have been badly written. You may also conceal a featured picture with the help of code, although this is not a particularly practical solution for novices. There is a more effective method. Specifically, it makes use of the Plugin “Conditionally show featured picture on solitary posts and pages.” For your convenience, I’ve made a video that demonstrates how simple it is to use the plugin to remove a featured picture from a single WordPress article.
- More information is available.
- If you prefer text, simply follow the easy step-by-step procedure shown below.
- Step 2: In the search bar at the top right of the page, put in Conditionally display featured.
- Step 5: Select Posts – All Posts from the navigation bar.
- Step 7: Select Featured Image from the drop-down menu on the right side, just below the preview button.
How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post & Page
- In PHP, how do you push an associative array? In PHP, the in array() function checks if an array value exists and if it is associative or multidimensional. On October 9, 2021, the PHP function is array() | is Array With Example will be released. on September 25, 2021
- Empty() | Determine if an array is empty or not in PHP PHP Example of mysql real escape string() | MYSQLi Escape String | August 5, 2021
- MySQL Real Escape String() | MYSQLi Escape String The second day of August in the year 2021
- Mysqli num rows() | Check whether the ResultSet is empty | Example On the 31st of July, 2021, mysqli fetch assoc() will be available. Fetch Multiple Rows with PHP | Example 30th of July, 2021
- Strrev() | PHP Reverse String | Exemplification On July 28, 2021, strlen() will return the length of a string in PHP. The date is July 28, 2021
- How to Change the Link Color in WordPress (August 2, 2020) Hover over the posts/pages to learn more. On August 1, 2020, we’ll show you how to hide the featured image in a WordPress post page. On July 29, 2020, we will show you how to use WP Query to display Custom Post Types in WordPress. On July 22, 2020, we will show you how to remove the last character from a string using jQuery. How to Get the href Value of an Anchor Tag in jQuery on July 18, 2020
- The 18th of July, 2020
Cookies are used on our website to provide you with the best relevant experience possible by storing your choices and recognizing you when you return.
By clicking “Accept,” you agree to the usage of ALL cookies on this website.
How to Hide the Featured Image in WordPress — Easy Methods
For many years, the featured picture in WordPress has been a regular component of the platform. However, it has become a little overdone. It’s not all themes that make use of them for the post thumbnails that they’re meant for. The programming of certain developers has been highly inventive, leading to the featured pictures behaving in ways that consumers are not quite familiar with. Some are incompatible with plugins, while others are built to recognize a featured picture and use it as the header image for a single article, among other things.
All of these are simple to put into action.
How to Hide the Featured Image in WordPress
If your theme supports it, you may hide featured pictures by selecting the “hide featured image” button from the drop-down menu. If it does not, a plugin can be used to incorporate the functionality. Your featured photos may not behave the way you want them to if you do not make changes to your theme files. If everything else fails, you may use CSS to make them disappear.
The Theme Option Explorer
This is going to sound obvious, but please follow through with it. Our imaginations may create chaos, leading us to believe that something must be more difficult than it appears. It couldn’t really be that simple, can it? Go to your WordPress dashboard and either update an existing post or create a new post. The block editor is opened by default when the editor is invoked. That is for the purpose of developing your content. The display options may be found on the menu that appears next to it.
- All of the settings for this blog post may be found here.
- This may be the situation with yours, with only a few alternatives, in which case you may add them – which we’ll explore in a moment.
- First, double-check your theme.
- Open each and every drop-down menu in your WordPress editor.
Check for Themes General Settings
If you don’t see any choices in the WP Editor, it’s possible that your WordPress theme includes a settings area that allows you to adjust things throughout the entire site. For example, on the Thrive Themes heritage templates (from before they transitioned to a page builder), the General Settings section includes a section for Blog Settings, which is where the featured picture and the style of the featured image are managed.
In your admin panel’s left sidebar, look for a section labeled “Theme Dashboard” (or anything close to that). All of your theme adjustments will be stored in this folder. If your theme does not include a function to conceal a featured picture, using a plugin is the most straightforward solution.
Plugins to Hide Featured Images on WordPress PostsPages
A possible explanation for why you aren’t seeing any choices in the WP Editor is because your WP theme contains a settings page that controls things throughout the entire website. On Thrive Themes historical templates (from before they switched to a page builder), for example, the General Settings section contains a subsection called Blog Settings, which is where the featured picture and the style of it are set. In your admin panel’s left sidebar, look for a section labeled “Theme Dashboard” or something similar.
Adding a plugin is the most straightforward solution if your theme does not have one.
How to Disable Featured Images by Editing Your Themes Files
If you don’t see any choices in the WP Editor, it’s possible that your WordPress theme includes a settings area that allows you to control things throughout the entire website. For example, on the Thrive Themes heritage templates (from before they switched to a page builder), the General Settings section includes a section for Blog Settings, which is where the featured picture and the style of them are set. In your admin panel’s left sidebar, look for a section labeled “Theme Dashboard” (or something similar).
If your theme does not include a function to conceal a featured picture, using a plugin is the quickest and most straightforward solution.
The CSS Trick to Hide Featured Image on Select Posts
If you don’t see any choices in the WP Editor, it’s possible that your WordPress theme includes a settings page that controls things throughout the entire site. For example, on the Thrive Themes heritage templates (from before they switched to a page builder), the General Settings section includes a section for Blog Settings, which is where the featured picture and the style of the featured image are managed. Look for a “Theme Dashboard” (or something similar) in the left-hand sidebar of your admin panel.
If your theme does not provide an option to conceal a featured picture, using a plugin is the most straightforward solution.
How to hide featured image in WordPress post
In the year 2020, the majority of WordPress themes will provide the ability to include a featured picture into articles or pages. However, none of the themes include the option to conceal the main image. This article will be of use to you if you are looking for information on how to conceal the featured picture in a WordPress post. The following sections cover two simple approaches for hiding the featured picture in your WordPress posts and pages.
1. Hide featured image within WordPress theme options.
Some WordPress themes have the ability to show or conceal the featured picture, which might be useful in certain situations. I recommend using the Astra theme for this purpose. Astra is a popular WordPress theme that can be found in the WordPress theme library. Astra is a free WordPress theme that is lightweight, SEO friendly, and completely configurable. The Astra theme has a function that allows you to conceal the featured picture for a particular post or page.
- Installing the Astra theme from the WordPress theme repository is simple. Activate the theme by clicking on it. Create a new post or page. Locate the ‘Astra Setting’ option on the right-hand side of the editing Panel. ‘Disable Featured Image’ may be found under the ‘Astra Setting’ heading. Select ‘Disable Featured Image’ from the drop-down menu
Instead of appearing on a single post or page, the featured picture will now display in thumbnails for that post or page.
2. Hide featured image with WordPress Plugins
Instead of using the Astra theme, if you do not want to utilize it and your current theme does not have an option to conceal the featured picture, you may make use of WordPress Plugins to do the task. So, how do you go about finding the appropriate plugins for it? Simply navigate to the WordPress Plugins repository and search for the plugin you wish. Searching for the term ‘hide featured image’ for this purpose yields a large number of plugin suggestions for your query. IsHide Featured Image one of the first plugins to display in the search results?
- This plugin was recommended by the vast majority of bloggers and WordPress tutors.
- I have discovered that the plugins have not been updated in a long time and have not been tested with the most recent version of WordPress.
- Where can I find a replacement for the ‘Hide Featured Image’ plugin?
- Cyrill Bolliger’s ‘Conditionally display featured image on singular posts and pages’ is an example of what he means.
How to use ‘Conditionally display featured image on singular posts and pages’ Plugins?
The plugin is simple to use and has a convenient interface.
- Log in to the WordPress administration area. Select Plugins from the drop-down menu and click ‘Add new’. Try searching for ‘Conditionally display featured picture on solitary posts and pages’ or something similar. To install the plugin, click on the ‘Install’ button. To make it active, click on the ‘Activate’ button. Select ‘Add New’ from the Pages or Posts drop-down menus. The ‘Featured Image’ area may be found on the right-hand side of the editor. To display the featured picture exclusively in post lists, uncheck the box that says “Hide featured image on solitary views.” Done
What is the importance of featured images on a blog or website?
Websites have a significant aesthetic impression on their visitors. It has been demonstrated that using visually appealing and relevant photographs in a post or on a website boosts visitor engagement. A good featured picture would serve as an excellent introduction to your material as well as a visual representation of it. Users are not only drawn to your website by a compelling featured image, but they are also interested in reading your content.
Can I use multiple featured images for a single post?
Yes, this is a possibility. Make use of the freeDynamic Featured Imagefree plugin created by Ankit Pokhrel to display dynamic featured images. A page, a post, or a custom post type can have several featured photos or numerous post thumbnails added to them dynamically by the Plugin. This plugin offers you with an interface that allows you to add as many featured images as you want to your website without having to write a single line of code. Go to the plugins section:
How to hide featured image in post (WordPress) with code?
Yes, this is a viable option. Make use of the Ankit Pokhrel-developedDynamic Featured Image free plugin. A page, a post, or a custom post type can have several featured photos or numerous post thumbnails added to them dynamically using the Plugin. Without writing a single line of code, this plugin provides you with an interface via which you may add as many featured images as you like. Plugins may be found by clicking here:
How to remove featured image from the home page?
If you use a theme like Astra, you can easily conceal the featured picture on the main page using the theme’s default function, which I stated before.
If you don’t want to utilize a plugin, you may conceal the featured picture on the main page. Finally, if you want to accomplish this with a simple CSS code, copy and paste the following code into the extra CSS area of your theme. body.home.entry-thumbnail
How to remove featured image from body of a post?
If your theme does not have an option to conceal the featured picture, you may either utilize plugins or the CSS code that I stated before to do this task. I hope you find the information in this post useful. Any thoughts you may have on the subject are welcome and should be shared with us. Fill in the blanks with your insightful remarks in the comment area.
How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post
Simply disable the featured picture from your theme’s options; if your theme does not offer this functionality, you can use plugins or the CSS code I stated above. Thank you for reading and I hope it was of assistance. Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions for this subject matter. In the comments area, please share your important thoughts and opinions.
How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress?
When it comes to hiding the main picture on your WordPress website, there are many options available. It may include the use of a WordPress plugin, the creation of custom CSS for certain pages, or the use of pre-built settings in some themes to conceal the featured picture. You may use any of these approaches that are most convenient for you – but I recommend that you first check to see whether your theme already includes a pre-built option for this functionality. For example, there is a theme entitled Astra that is accessible in the WordPress repository.
- In the Astra theme, there is an option to conceal the main picture.
- All you have to do is log into your administration console.
- As indicated in the image above, select “Disable Featured Image” from the drop-down menu.
- For a modest cost, our experts will assist you in deleting or concealing the featured picture from your article on the site.
- However, if it isn’t, please let us know.
Hide Featured Image Using WordPress Plugin
If your theme does not provide a built-in ability to conceal the featured picture from a certain blog post, you may hide or delete the featured image from the WordPress article using one of several free plugins. These free plugins may provide the following features:
- Display the featured image only on specific posts and pages based on their content
- Remove the featured image
You may quickly delete or conceal the featured picture in WordPress with the help of one of these plugins. Installing the plugin is simple; simply open the post that you want to conceal the featured picture from and select the ” Hide Featured Image ” option from the drop-down list that appears. On your WordPress website, it will prevent the featured picture from being shown. You may find a step-by-step instruction to utilizing the “Conditionally show featured picture on solitary posts and pages” plugin here if you’re still not sure how to go about doing it.
Once you’ve located the plugin, click on the ” Install Now ” option and then ” Activate ” to begin the installation process.
It will take care of the installation and activation of the plugin.
Once the plugin has been active, save the article and close it.
Immediately following the featured picture, you’ll be given the choice to conceal the featured image on all individual pages (as shown in the image above). It’s possible that you’ll need to select the option and then change your article. It will handle every aspect of your life for you.
Hide Featured Image Using Custom CSS
If none of the solutions listed above are successful for you, you may try concealing the featured picture using custom CSS instead. When it comes to this choice, I don’t normally advocate it unless you have extensive knowledge of HTML and CSS. This is especially true if you are completely unfamiliar with how WordPress operates. The only thing I dislike about this method is that it takes a significant amount of time to locate the element using the ” Inspect ” method in your browser and then write custom codes for hiding the featured image and saving the settings in the ” Additional CSS ” options in the customization option each time.
- The first step is to navigate to the post on which you want to conceal the featured picture and open it.
- Custom CSS is used to hide the featured image.
- You’ll notice the featured image class named ” featured-image page-header-image-single ” as well as the post’s unique ID, which is ” post-785 ” in the next section.
- We will create the code that I have provided below and store it in the ” Additional CSS” option, which can be found simply under the customizer’s ” Additional CSS” section.
- It is possible to apply this code an unlimited number of times to delete the featured picture from posts that you desire.
- In addition, if you want to conceal the featured picture for all articles, you can simply use the CSS code given below, which will differ based on the class name, and store it in the ” Additional CSS” folder.
How Can I Use Multiple Featured Image in WordPress
Yes, it is possible to utilize several featured pictures in WordPress without difficulty – but we must first install a plugin called ” Dynamic Featured Image “. Featured Image Plugin with Dynamic Content When you use this plugin, you can easily add dynamically featured photos to your blog posts, pages, and custom post kinds. They provide a simple interface that allows you to select the amount of photographs you want to be displayed as a featured image without having to write a single line of code for you.
The main drawback to utilizing this plugin is that it hasn’t been tested with the most recent three major releases of WordPress, which is a concern. As a result, if you use this plugin, you may encounter a compatibility problem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You’ll find three different approaches to conceal the featured picture in particular WordPress articles, each depending on your requirements and post kinds. These are the procedures:
- Hide the featured image using a theme option
- Hide the featured image using custom CSS
- Hide the featured image using a plugin
- Hide the featured image using a theme option
Can We Add More than One Featured Image in WordPress?
Yes, this is something that you can simply accomplish. In order to accomplish this, you must first download and install the “Dynamic Featured Image” plugin from the WordPress repository. Upon installation, all that remains is to pick the number of featured photographs you wish to display on your website, and you’re done.
So in today’s article, I’ve done my best to describe several methods of hiding the featured picture without eliminating them entirely. If you like, you may also delete the featured picture – but, as I previously stated, I do not advocate doing so because the image is needed by several meta tags. In other cases, even deleting the featured picture can be difficult, especially if you’re using a new WordPress theme that doesn’t come with clear instructions or if you’re unfamiliar with the fundamental HTML codes.
Please contact us at with your WordPress login credentials and our experts will remove the restriction for you (yes, for a small fee).
How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post (Easily)
WordPress Featured Image refers to the image that shows at the top of each individual blog post on the WordPress platform. It either tells what the blog post is about or allows you to include any picture that is relevant to the blog article. Essentially, it is referred to as a post thumbnail, and it gives you the option of displaying or hiding highlighted photos on your website. If you don’t want the featured picture to be hidden, you may learn how to add featured photos in WordPress by visiting this page.
Let’s get this party underway as soon as possible.
- Hide the prominent image of WordPress manually
- Using a plugin, you may hide the featured picture on your WordPress site.
Hide WordPress Featured Image in All Post Manually
The first thing you need to do is navigate to your WordPress DashboardAppearancecustomize and fill out the necessary information. When you click on this, the WordPress theme customizer will open, allowing you to make changes while viewing a live preview of your site. After that, you’ll need to navigate to the’Additional CSS’option and manually enter some CSS code to remove the featured picture. Simply paste the following shortcode into the text field of Additional CSS:.single-post.wp-post-image Now that you’ve hit the publish button, you can go back to your website and see how the featured picture has changed.
This tutorial will show you how to use CSS to conceal the featured picture in a WordPress article.
Hiding Featured Image in WordPress Post via Plugin
Using a plugin is another option for hiding the featured picture in WordPress posts and pages. We propose that you use theHide Featured Imageplugin. Go to the search engine and type in Hide Featured Imageplugin. After that, install the plugin and activate it by clicking on the activation button. Once the plugin has been active, you will need to modify a post in which you wish to conceal the featured picture in order for it to work.
If you scroll down, you will notice a section with a Yes/No choice to conceal the main image. After that, you may select No from the drop-down menu and press the “Publish” button. This tutorial will show you how to use a plugin to conceal the featured picture on a single post.
To summarize, here is how you can conceal the WordPress featured picture on your website, either with or without the use of a plugin. There are a variety of alternative plugins available that may be used to conceal the main picture. If you found this post useful, please don’t forget to leave a comment and to follow us on Twitter and Facebook. You might also be interested in reading the following piece:
- How to Increase the Maximum File Size Allowed for Upload in WordPress
- How to Include a Preloader in WordPress (with Step-by-Step Instructions)
How To Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post or Page
This is demonstrated by the right graphic displayed before your article: what your blog is about. Featured images serve as a visual summary of your content, and they are frequently the first thing that visitors view when they arrive at your website. The majority of people either use a different picture as the feature image or choose an existing image inside the article to serve as the feature image. In any case, using a featured picture in your text can help you enhance SEO rankings while also attracting more users to your site.
So, what is the best way to go about it?
What Exactly Is A Featured Image?
This is demonstrated by the right picture that is displayed before your content. Featured images serve as a visual summary of your content, and they are frequently the first thing that visitors view when they arrive on your website. For the feature picture, most users either upload a new image or choose an image from inside their article. In any case, using a featured picture in your text will help you enhance SEO rankings while also attracting more users to your website. You may, on the other hand, find yourself needing to conceal your featured picture in WordPress without completely eliminating it from your article at some point.
To begin, let’s define what a featured picture is, why it’s important, and why you would want it concealed.
Why Use Featured Images?
There are several advantages to using featured photos. For example, they may:
- Visitor attraction and search engine optimization (SEO) are two important goals. Make your website’s tone more appealing
- Increase the value of its material.
Why Hiding Featured Images is Useful
Visitor attraction and search engine optimization (SEO) optimization are two goals. Make your website’s tone more appealing; increase the value of its material;
- That graphic has absolutely nothing to do with your post
- It is completely unrelated. It is possible that the image will appear in many articles. Due to the fact that the image is not designed for mobile, it will display on your reader’s screen as a large, strange picture that will distract them from your content.
The ability to hide highlighted photos is advantageous in this situation.
Hiding Featured images
If concealing featured photos makes sense for your website, here are four methods for accomplishing your goal.
1. Hide Featured Image using Theme
This will just take a few minutes if your WordPress theme has the option to conceal a featured picture. If your theme does not include this option, you are out of luck. This functionality will be visible whenever you open the block editor in the theme settings, so all you have to do now is conceal the featured image in the theme settings. The Astra theme is the most appropriate to utilize.
It’s extremely configurable, lightweight, and packed with a slew of interesting features. In addition, there are certain occasions where this functionality is not displayed at all. Not to worry if it’s not included in your theme’s options. Instead, a plugin should be used.
2. Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post Using plugin
Don’t be concerned if your theme does not have a function that allows you to conceal prominent photos. Plugins should be used instead. But, which plugin is the most effective to use? The Hide Featured Image plugin is the most effective solution for this problem. It is also common among WordPress plugins that handle photos, such as the Image Manager plugin. The following are the actions to take in order to hide photos with this plugin:
- Look for the plugin on the internet and read user reviews. Before you install it, make sure that it is compatible with the WordPress version that you are now using. If a plugin can’t be updated for a particular length of time, avoid using it since you may not be able to get help if you run into difficulties. It is also possible that the plugins will not function properly. Install the plugin on your computer. Navigate to the WordPress DashboardpluginsAdd New and click on it. Install the plugin Hide Featured Image after searching for it. Activate the plugin by clicking on it. Go to your dashboard and click on postsedit post when it has been activated. The “Show/Hide Featured Image” meta box with the Yes/No option may be found farther down on the post edit screen by scrolling to the bottom. If you choose yes, the post will be updated.
3. No Plugin Option in WordPress?
There are various scenarios in which WordPress does not have the necessary plugins. Don’t be concerned if you find yourself in this circumstance. The network has removed the possibility that your site is a part of a WordPressmultisite network, as well as the plugins menu items on network sites, in order to protect against abuse. Ask your network administrator to install the plugins on your behalf if you are experiencing this difficulty.
4. Hide Featured Image in Post Manually
If you are unable to upload and install a plugin, you can manually complete the process by following these instructions.
- Select AppearanceCustomize from the WordPress Dashboard. When you click on it, a WordPress theme customizer will open, allowing you to tweak or make changes to your site while viewing a live preview of your site. Select “Additional CSS” from the drop-down menu, and then type in some CSS code to manually delete the featured picture. In the text field of Additional CSS, paste the following shortcode:.single – post.wp – post – image
- In the final step, click on the “publish” button and visit the website to see if the featured image has changed.
It is essential that you maintain your featured picture visible on your website because it is a crucial aspect of your website’s overall design. For example, they may assist in attracting and increasing the number of visitors, improving Search Engine Optimization, and increasing the value of the material. Nonetheless, there are instances in which you may choose to conceal the featured picture. Why don’t you give one of these ways a shot now that you’ve learned how to do it correctly?