Simply edit the post where you want to hide the featured image. On the post edit screen, scroll down a little, and you will find the ‘Show/Hide Featured Image’ metabox. You need to check the box next to ‘Hide Featured Image’ option. You can now save your post and preview it to see the plugin in action.
- 1 How do I change the featured image settings in WordPress?
- 2 How do I remove the default featured image in WordPress?
- 3 How do I show featured image in WordPress?
- 4 What is a featured image in a blog post?
- 5 How do you bulk remove featured images from posts in WordPress?
- 6 What is feature image in WordPress?
- 7 How do I hide featured images in post?
- 8 How do I remove an image from a WordPress theme?
- 9 How do I remove a hyperlink from a picture?
- 10 How do I hide the image in WordPress?
- 11 How do you delete featured items?
- 12 How do I delete a category image in WooCommerce?
- 13 How To Hide A Featured Image In A WordPress Post
- 14 How to Check If Your WordPress Theme has ‘Hide a Featured Image’ Option
- 15 Using Plugins to Hide WordPress Featured Image
- 16 How to hide a featured image in a WordPress post?
- 17 Frequently Asked Questions
- 18 How to Hide the Featured Image in WordPress — Easy Methods
- 19 How to Hide the Featured Image in WordPress
- 20 The Theme Option Explorer
- 21 Check for Themes General Settings
- 22 Plugins to Hide Featured Images on WordPress PostsPages
- 23 How to Disable Featured Images by Editing Your Themes Files
- 24 The CSS Trick to Hide Featured Image on Select Posts
- 25 How to Hide a Featured Image From a Single WordPress Post (Updated)
- 26 Check if your WordPress Theme Has the Option to Hide a Featured Image
- 27 Use a Plugin to Hide Featured Image from your Post
- 28 Bonus Plugin to Manage Featured Images without Hiding Them
- 29 How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post & Page
- 30 How To Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post or Page
- 31 What Exactly Is A Featured Image?
- 32 Why Use Featured Images?
- 33 Why Hiding Featured Images is Useful
- 34 Hiding Featured images
- 35 How to hide featured image in WordPress post
- 36 1. Hide featured image within WordPress theme options.
- 37 2. Hide featured image with WordPress Plugins
- 38 How to use ‘Conditionally display featured image on singular posts and pages’ Plugins?
- 39 What is the importance of featured images on a blog or website?
- 40 Can I use multiple featured images for a single post?
- 41 How to hide featured image in post (WordPress) with code?
- 42 How to remove featured image from the home page?
- 43 How to remove featured image from body of a post?
- 44 How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post (Easily)
- 45 Hide WordPress Featured Image in All Post Manually
- 46 Hiding Featured Image in WordPress Post via Plugin
- 47 Wrapping Up
- 48 How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post
- 49 How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress?
- 50 How Can I Use Multiple Featured Image in WordPress
- 51 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 52 Wrapping Up
How do I change the featured image settings in WordPress?
Open the editor for the post or page. Click the gear icon in the top right corner to open the settings panel. In the settings panel under the Post tab, select Featured image > Set featured image. Upload your featured image or select one from your media library.
How do I remove the default featured image in WordPress?
Removing Default Image Link in WordPress All you have to do is add this code snippet in your theme’s functions. php file or a site-specific plugin. add_action( ‘admin_init’, ‘wpb_imagelink_setup’, 10); This code basically tells WordPress to update the image_default_link_type option and set it to ‘none’.
How do I show featured image in WordPress?
If you can’t find the featured Image feature in your editing screen of your post or page, then click on the Screen Options button in the top right corner of your WordPress edit screen and check the featured image checkbox. It should appear right away.
What is a featured image in a blog post?
Featured images are used as thumbnails when pages or blog posts are shared on social media. You can choose whether to set a featured image on each individual page or post. You also have the option of displaying featured images on your blog listing page.
How do you bulk remove featured images from posts in WordPress?
Simply upload the images you want to use under ‘ Actions with multiple images ‘. The last section on the page is labeled ‘Action with no images’. Under this section, you can use the first image in a post as featured image or remove featured images from all posts on your website.
What is feature image in WordPress?
In WordPress, a featured image is the primary image for a blog post. They often appear next to each post’s heading on your home page and social media. Featured images are often used for blog posts, but you can also set featured images for pages and custom post types.
How do I hide featured images in post?
Simply edit the post where you want to hide the featured image. On the post edit screen, scroll down a little, and you will find the ‘Show/Hide Featured Image’ metabox. You need to check the box next to ‘Hide Featured Image’ option. You can now save your post and preview it to see the plugin in action.
How do I remove an image from a WordPress theme?
Click the picture you want to replace, and then click the “Delete Image” icon superimposed over the picture’s upper corner to remove the picture.
How to remove a link from an image?
- Click on the image.
- Click on Edit Link.
- Click on Remove Link.
- Click OK.
How do I hide the image in WordPress?
Log into your WordPress site and access the Dashboard as the admin user. From the Dashboard menu, click on Appearance Menu > Theme Editor Menu. When the Theme Editor page is opened, look for the theme functions file to hide product images and links on the cart page.
How do you delete featured items?
Hello, To remove the featured items on the main page go to Themes > Theme Settings > Home Page. Use the drop down menu to select ‘none’ and voila! I hope that helps!
How do I delete a category image in WooCommerce?
In your WordPress Admin Dashboard, navigate Themes > Customize. Once in, navigate WooCommerce > Product Catalog. You should change under Shop page display, select Show Products and that’s it.
How To Hide A Featured Image In A WordPress Post
In the year 2021, WordPress made some big feature enhancements. One of the most recent additions is the ability to ‘add a featured image.’ It does not, however, instruct you on how to conceal the featured picture in a WordPress blog article. Including a featured picture in your text is essential for improving the readability of your material. It is possible, though, that you have specific reasons for wanting to keep it hidden from your postings. The three simple ways for hiding WordPress featured pictures will be demonstrated in the next section of the article.
What is the WordPress Featured Image?
WP implemented a number of key feature enhancements in the year 2021. ‘Add a featured picture’ is one of the most recent additions to the menu bar. There is no instruction in this article, however, on how to conceal the featured picture in a WordPress post. To increase the readability of your material, you must include a featured image in it. But it’s possible that you have specific reasons for wanting to keep it hidden from public view. WordPress featured photos may be hidden in three simple ways, which will be demonstrated in this post.
The Benefit of Using WordPress Featured Image
Image or visual presentations have a major influence on the minds of those who view them. Visitors to the website are enticed by the use of high-quality photographs. Furthermore, the highlighted presentations make a pleasant influence on the audience members who attend them. It also enhances their level of participation. After viewing intriguing photographs on your website, visitors may be enticed to read more and navigate through your pages further. It is possible, though, that there are legitimate reasons for keeping photographs off of your website.
Why You Need to Learn How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post
The use of featured photos is critical in increasing traffic to your website. The wrong usage of pictures, on the other hand, might result in a congested page. That alone should be sufficient justification for hiding the WordPress featured picture from your blogs or websites. Some WordPress themes have an in-built option to conceal prominent images, which you may use to your advantage. If your theme does not have this built-in functionality, you will need to select an alternative theme option to use.
How to Check If Your WordPress Theme has ‘Hide a Featured Image’ Option
It is not always feasible to delete the featured image from a post after it has been published. If you delete the picture from your website, it will be removed from all of the pages on your website. Perhaps you’d want to retain it on your blog’s front page, but remove it from the rest of the website. So, first and foremost, look at the featured option in your WordPress theme. If your theme includes the option to ‘hide a featured image,’ you can access it from the settings section and hide images from a specific page or blog post.
If that option is not accessible, continue reading.
Here Are The Steps to Check the ‘Hide a Featured Image’ Option:
- Go to the WordPress theme dashboard and change the theme. To post all of your posts, click on the PostAll Posts button. Select the Edit option from the drop-down menu beneath your WordPress posts.
You should now be able to discover the option to delete featured photos under ‘Featured Image.'” After you have completed these steps, a screenshot will appear, which will say: Look for the choice in each of the menus.
Most likely, your theme does not have the option to “Hide a Featured Image” enabled, in which case you will not see it.
Hey, did you know data can be beautiful too?
WpDataTables has the ability to accomplish this. A solid reason why it is the number one WordPress plugin for producing responsive tables and charts is that it does what it does really well. An genuine live demonstration of wpDataTables in action And something like this is quite simple to accomplish:
- You are responsible for providing the table data. Configure and personalize it as needed. Put it on a blog or a Facebook page
In addition to being beautiful, it is also functional. The table may include millions of rows, and you can use powerful filters and search, or you can let your imagination run wild and make it editable in real time. “Alright, but I just enjoy Excel a little too much, and there isn’t anything like it on the internet.” Yes, there is one. You may apply conditional formatting, similar to what you might see in Excel or Google Sheets. Did I mention that you can build charts with your data as well? And that’s only a small portion of the picture.
The Ultimate Guide on How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post
If your theme does not allow you to conceal a featured picture from a post, you will need to create some code for it. This may be accomplished by logging into the Admin Panel. Select AppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS from the drop-down menu. Copy the following code and paste it into your browser: . img display: none; entry-content img display: none; If you have a single post, this code will make the featured image disappear. You may conceal a featured image for a certain post by using the following code:.post-12345.post-image display: none;.post-12345.post-image Keep in mind to replace the 1234 code from the post picture with your real post ID in the post.
It will only hide the images from the specific pages that have been selected.
Using Plugins to Hide WordPress Featured Image
Choose from a variety of free and paid plugins if you prefer not to utilize codes to conceal featured pictures from your WordPress article. This is preferable to creating a new theme, which would need a significant amount of time and work. Then, go to the WordPress plugins repository and search for the “Hide A Featured Plugin” that best meets your requirements and preferences. Choose the one that has received the most downloads and the highest rating. Before purchasing a plugin, do your research to ensure that you are not purchasing a plugin that contains unwanted broken codes.
As a result, select the most appropriate for your website.
Hide Featured Image
As soon as you have installed and activated this plugin, you will notice that the ‘Show/Hide Featured Image’ meta box will appear at the bottom of your blog post. Select the ‘Hide Featured Image’ option from the drop-down menu. Once you’ve finished, go back to your post and save the modifications. The Preview option has now been enabled for your convenience. It is simple to understand and utilize. There is no need to configure the settings as you would with other plugins. It will not remove your featured picture from your WordPress media post, as is commonly believed.
If you wish to make your featured picture visible again, you may uncheck the ‘Hide Featured Image’ option in the settings. Additional features include the ability to create custom post kinds with featured images.
Conditionally Display Featured Images
This plugin is designed to work with the most recent WordPress version. It is very simple to operate, with only a few buttons. Log in to your WordPress administration area. Select PluginsAdd New from the drop-down menu. Then look for the plugin Conditionally Display Featured Images in the search bar. Finally, choose Install and then Activate from the drop-down menu. Click the ‘Add New’ button in the ‘Pages’ and ‘Posts’ sections of the page. The ‘Featured Image’ portion of the editor may be found on the right-hand side of the screen.
You may now use this plugin to conceal the featured picture on your WordPress blog.
Quick Featured Images
If none of the above mentioned plugins work with your theme, you can try Quick Features Images. The only drawback of using this plugin is that you are unable to ‘hide’ the featured photos from your site’s front-end interface. Instead, you’ll have no trouble adding and removing the featured images as needed. Utilizing and activating it is a breeze. The following is a step-by-step guide:
- Log in to your WordPress administration area. Then navigate to the plugins area and select the “Add New” option. Look for the Quick Featured Images plugin and click on the Install option.
- Select ‘Activate’ from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, go to the “Posts” area of the website and choose “All Post”
- You may remove the image from your website by clicking on the ‘Remove Featured Image’ button. To the contrary, you may use the ‘Set Featured Image’ button to include a photo in your posts or pages.
The Key Takeaways on How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post
It is entirely up to you whether or not to conceal or display your WordPress featured picture; nevertheless, understanding how to hide the featured image in a WordPress post might help you enhance your website’s performance. Images can be hidden to save sites from becoming crowded. It will also assist you in retaining the photographs on the sites where you want them to be shown in the future. Setting up this feature is straightforward, even if you do not have the specialized knowledge of a main developer.
A few related topics were also covered, such as how to identify if an online presence is powered by WordPress, how to remove WordPress from cPanel, how to embed excel in html, how to embed a pdf in WordPress, how to optimize CSS delivery in WordPress, and how to design a website similar to Amazon.com
How to hide a featured image in a WordPress post?
Featured images on WordPress articles are now standard practice in the year 2021, with practically every WordPress theme offering the capability. However, not all themes provide you the option to conceal the main picture in their design. So, if you’re looking for information on how to conceal a featured picture in WordPress articles, this article will be of use to you. Following are three simple strategies for hiding a featured picture in a WordPress article that you can use right now.
1. Check if the WordPress theme you have has the option to hide a featured image.
One of the advantages of WordPress themes is the ability to display a featured picture. As a result, the first thing you should do is determine whether or not your theme offers the option of hiding prominent photos. To see if this functionality is available on your WordPress theme, follow these steps:
- Go to your WordPress themedashboard
- Choose Post and then All Posts
- And then click Save. Afterwards, click on theEditoption that appears underneath your WordPress posts.
You will see the following options under the preview button, as seen in the picture below: You should now be able to delete featured photos from your website by selecting ‘Featured Image’ from the menu bar. If you still can’t find it, try navigating through each tab one by one until you do discover it. If you are still unable to do so, it is likely that your WordPress theme does not have the ability to hide featured photos on its own.
We recommend that you choose a theme that allows you to customize the featured picture, such as Rara Business Pro, Astra, or Divi, to do this. These themes are search engine optimization (SEO) friendly, lightweight, and completely customisable.
2. Using a WordPress plugin to hide features image
It is possible to hide a featured picture in your WordPress theme if your current theme does not allow it and you do not want to upgrade to a new theme. A WordPress plugin may be used to do this. It should be noted, however, that this plugin has not been updated in a long time and has not been tested on the most recent WordPress versions. As a result, do your homework in advance. According to a survey, plugins are responsible for 52 percent of all WordPress vulnerabilities. So consider twice before putting this plugin on your computer.
Here are some plugins you can use:
Remove the featured image from the page Look for the ” Hide Featured Image ” plugin in the WordPress plugin directory. This plugin is also highly recommended by the majority of bloggers. The number of active installations has also increased significantly. [pagebreak] The steps are as follows:
- Activate and install the ‘Hide prominent image’ plugin on your site.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ section of your WordPress dashboard. Select’Hide Featured Image’from the drop-down menu and click it.
- There is an option to hide photographs from posts and pages in the “General Settings” section of the dashboard. Select a choice and then click on the ‘Submit’ button to the right
Display Featured Images Only When They Are Required Another potential plugin is “Conditionally show featured photos on solitary posts and pages,” which is described as follows: This plugin does the same function as the previous one, namely showing or concealing the featured photos in WordPress articles. Furthermore, it is compatible with the most recent WordPress version on the market. Installing and configuring the “Conditionally show featured image” plugin is made easier with the aid of this video guide.
- Log in to your WordPress administration area. Navigate to Plugins and then click on Add New
- A search bar will appear on the top right of the page. Type “Only show the featured image if the condition is met.” To install the plugin, select ‘Install’ from the drop-down menu. To make the plugin operational, click on the ‘Activate’ button.
- Click on “All Post” under “Posts” in the navigation bar
- Select the post that contains the featured picture that you wish to conceal from view. Select ‘Edit’ from the drop-down menu. Then, on the right side, underneath the preview button, click on’Featured Image ‘, and select the option that reads “Display featured image in post lists only, hide on single views.”
If this plugin does not function properly, there is another plugin that may be used to alter the featured photos. It is referred to as Quick Featured Images. Currently, this plugin does not provide the option to “Hide” the featured images. However, you may easily add and delete featured photos from your website.
- If this plugin does not function properly, there is another plugin that may be used to modify the featured photos on your website. Quick Featured Images is the name of the game. It is not possible to ‘Hide’ the featured photos with this plugin. The featured photographs, on the other hand, may be easily added and removed.
- Alternatively, you may go to “Posts” and click on “All Post.” Click on ‘Remove Featured Image’ to remove the image from the page, or click on ‘Set Featured Image’ to quickly add an image to the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Using a single line of code in the WordPress CSS, you may hide featured pictures entirely. Take the actions outlined below:
- Navigate to your WordPress administration panel. Select AppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS from the drop-down menu. Now enter the following code into your browser:
the image tag is set to none in the entry-content section. If you have a single post, this code will make the featured picture disappear. If you want to conceal the featured picture for a certain post, enter the following code in the post editor: .post-12345.post-image display: none;.post-12345.post-image You must substitute your actual post ID for the number 1234.
Q. What is the importance of a Featured Image in a WordPress post?
According to a study, visitors to a website who find it compelling are 38 percent more likely to leave the site. As a result, we can see how important it is to provide a good first impression in order to keep visitors. Featured photos that are appropriate for your content serve as a visual introduction to your entire material. Furthermore, they improve the overall appearance of your page and encourage your visitors to read the content on your page.
Q. Can I use multiple featured images for my blog or post?
Yes, you are permitted to use numerous featured photos on your site or in your article. Downloading the Dynamic Featured Imageplugin for this purpose is highly recommended. This plugin allows you to display numerous featured photos on a single page or in multiple custom articles. You don’t have to write a single line of code to specify the amount of featured photos you wish to include in your post.
After reading our article, were you able to successfully conceal the featured picture in your WordPress theme? Also, see our post on how to add alt tags to photos in WordPress for more information. Please share your thoughts in the comment area below.
How to Hide the Featured Image in WordPress — Easy Methods
For many years, the featured picture in WordPress has been a regular component of the platform. However, it has become a little overdone. It’s not all themes that make use of them for the post thumbnails that they’re meant for. The programming of certain developers has been highly inventive, leading to the featured pictures behaving in ways that consumers are not quite familiar with. Some are incompatible with plugins, while others are built to recognize a featured picture and use it as the header image for a single article, among other things.
All of these are simple to put into action.
How to Hide the Featured Image in WordPress
If your theme supports it, you may hide featured pictures by selecting the “hide featured image” button from the drop-down menu. If it does not, a plugin can be used to incorporate the functionality. Your featured images may not behave the way you want them to if you do not make changes to your theme files. If everything else fails, you may use CSS to make them disappear.
The Theme Option Explorer
This is going to sound obvious, but please follow through with it. Our imaginations may create chaos, leading us to believe that something must be more difficult than it appears. It can’t possibly be that simple, can it? Go to your WordPress dashboard and either update an existing post or create a new post. The block editor is opened by default when the editor is invoked. That is for the purpose of developing your content. The display options may be found on the menu that appears next to it. Click on “post” in the right-sidebar, just next to “block,” and you’ll be presented with another drop-down selection.
This theme allows us to customize the featured picture; however, scrolling a little farther down and activating the “Elements” menu, we can see that there is an option to “Hide Featured Image.” Even though there are several options for hiding things, we’ll stay with the most important one: this is the only button we need to use.
If your editor is similar to the one shown above, the steps outlined below will show you how to add a button to that section that will hide your featured image.
They’re all distinct from one another.
Check for Themes General Settings
If you don’t see any choices in the WP Editor, it’s possible that your WordPress theme includes a settings area that allows you to adjust things throughout the entire site. For example, on the Thrive Themes heritage templates (from before they transitioned to a page builder), the General Settings section includes a section for Blog Settings, which is where the featured picture and the style of the featured image are managed.
In your admin panel’s left sidebar, look for a section labeled “Theme Dashboard” (or anything close to that). All of your theme adjustments will be stored in this folder. If your theme does not include a function to conceal a featured picture, using a plugin is the most straightforward solution.
Plugins to Hide Featured Images on WordPress PostsPages
In WordPress, there is a plugin named “Hide Featured Image” that is meant to do exactly what it says on the box, but it hasn’t been updated in years (at time of writing). The quickest method to make your site susceptible is to use an out-of-date plugin. When using plugins, make sure they have been updated lately and that the green check mark indicates that they are compatible with your version of WordPress. This is always a good idea. Navigate to your plugins page and look for the term “Conditionally Display.” You’re seeking for “Conditionally show featured picture on solitary posts and pages,” which was created by Cyrill Bolliger and is the one you’re looking for.
- That’s really cool.
- In other words, the thumbnails (including the main picture) only have one task to complete.
- Because you won’t have to wait for a full-size featured picture to load after clicking, you should see a speedier page load time after clicking.
- When the “conditionally display” check box is selected, the featured picture is displayed only on list pages.
- Consider that this strategy does not completely obscure your featured image, which should be kept in mind.
- Even on list pages, such as archives, blogrolls, categories and tags lists, the thumbnail will continue to be shown on the page.
- Instead, go to your posts and select “delete featured image” from the drop-down menu.
How to Disable Featured Images by Editing Your Themes Files
Is your theme causing you problems? Some themes are programmed to make publishing a hassle, and this is one of them. Although not intended, it is possible that this will be the conclusion. For example, WP themes that are programmed to detect when an image is set to featured will take the first picture on the page, apply it as a background style, and then stretch it to fill the width of your page header with your blog post title in H1 or H2 put over it are available. When your post is loaded, you will see two photos that are similar to one another.
- For those of you who are attempting to find out how to conceal the featured picture in WordPress in order to prevent it from replacing your main site header, this is controlled by the theme files of your website.
- The inclusion of add theme support(‘post-thumbnails’);.
- When you set your featured picture and then discover that it has replaced your header, it is not the functions file that is responsible for this.
- The “wp get attachment image src” method, as well as the “get post thumbnail id” function, may be used in conjunction with resizing rules for good measure.
- The background image is then applied as a header-wrap, which overlays the featured image with the title of your blog post.
To access it, go into your WordPress dashboard, open the “Appearance” option, and then click on “Theme Editor.” Please double-check to ensure you have the correct theme chosen for editing, then scroll down the “theme files” option and choose “Single Post.” Not all themes provide you with access to these options through the Theme Editor drop-down menu.
Make no modifications to the functions.php file if you want to keep your images working; otherwise, they will be completely disabled.
If you want to prevent your featured photos from misbehaving but still want the option to utilize them, here is the approach to use.
It’s understandable that utilizing the same image as a thumbnail, in the header, and as the first image on the page might feel a little excessive.
It’s especially important on free themes because you’ll seldom obtain assistance for things like hiding featured pictures or changing a lot of the theme’s features.
The CSS Trick to Hide Featured Image on Select Posts
If you simply have a small number of posts or pages on which you wish to conceal the featured picture, adding a few lines of CSS code might enough. All that is required is the post ID. To find the posts you’re looking for, go to your WordPress dashboard and click on “all posts.” As soon as you hover your cursor over the post title or edit link, you will see the ID for that particular post appear in the URL address bar on the bottom left of your screen. What you’re going to see is a preview of the URL you’re about to click.
- To use CSS to conceal the featured picture on a post-by-post basis, go to your WordPress dashboard and click AppearanceCustomizeAdditional CSS from the drop-down menu.
- Replace thesymbol with the ID of your blog article.
- When this occurs, it is necessary to include a section for them in the style.css file.
- Hello, everyone.
- I make a full-time living online, and on MaschiTuts, I’m happy to share with you guys how I remain on top of the game and make money online!
- This is something I do on a full-time and dedicated basis.
- And I’d like to make certain that YOU can join me on this journey as well!
- Really, the sky’s the limit.
- And it all starts at this very moment.
How to Hide a Featured Image From a Single WordPress Post (Updated)
Recently, a friend enquired about the quickest and most straightforward method of hiding a featured picture from a single WordPress article. He agreed to test out the plugin “Hide Featured Image” when I informed him that I had heard good things about it. Unfortunately for him, the plugin did not function properly. Why? The last time it was updated was more than two years ago, and it had not been tested with the three prior WordPress versions before that. The best practice is to avoid installing plugins that haven’t been updated in more than one year!
Moreover, in this piece, I’ll teach you how to conceal a single featured picture from within a WordPress post.
Check if your WordPress Theme Has the Option to Hide a Featured Image
If you want to conceal an image in WordPress on a specific post instead of deleting it, you may do it using the WordPress image hiding feature. The most common reason for doing this is when you want to display a picture on your blog’s home page but not on individual posts on your blog. The featured picture is a setting controlled by WordPress themes, and many of them have the ability to conceal the featured image entirely if desired. Consequently, the simplest method is to see if the feature is accessible in your particular theme.
Under the preview button, which is located on the right side of your page, you will see options that are similar to those in the picture below. We are using the “Rehub Theme,” and I was able to locate the option to conceal featured pictures in the “Post Settings” section of the theme.
Use a Plugin to Hide Featured Image from your Post
When you want to hide an image in WordPress on a specific post, rather than removing it, there are some situations in which this is desirable. This is particularly useful when you want a picture to appear on your blog’s home page but not on individual posts. The featured image is a setting controlled by WordPress themes, and many of them allow you to hide the featured image entirely. It is therefore most convenient to see if the feature is accessible in your specific theme. Go to your WordPress dashboard, click on Posts – All Posts, and then click on the edit option that appears underneath any of your WordPress posts to edit them.
Our website is built on the “Rehub Theme,” and I was able to locate the option to conceal featured photos in the “Post Settings” section.
- This website hasn’t been updated in a very long time. It has received a large number of negative reviews
In addition, even if it works, you should be aware that 52 percent of WordPress vulnerabilities are created by plugins that have not been updated or that have been badly coded. The use of code may also be used to conceal a featured picture, however this is not a particularly user-friendly solution for newcomers. There is a better way to do things. Plugin named “Conditionally show featured picture on solitary posts and pages” is being used to do this. If it’s more convenient for you, I’ve made a video that demonstrates how simple it is to use the plugin to conceal the featured picture from a specific individual article within WordPress.
- More information may be found here.
- Step 1: Log into your WordPress dashboard and select Plugins-Add New from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Download and install the plugin Step 4: Make the Plugin operational.
- Step 6: Edit the post whose featured picture you’d like to remove the image from.
- Step 8: Select the option “Display featured picture in post lists only, hide on single views” as seen in the screenshot below.
Bonus Plugin to Manage Featured Images without Hiding Them
Another wonderful plugin for managing featured photos can be found here. While it does not enable you to conceal prominent photos, it does allow you to accomplish a great deal more with relative ease. Quick Featured Images is a plugin that you can use to display featured images quickly.
How to Easily Remove and Add Featured Images using“Quick Featured Images”
Step 2: In the search bar at the top right of the page, put in fast featured photos.
Step 5: Select Posts – All Posts from the menu bar.
In addition, if you want to change the featured picture, you may do so by clicking on ” Change Featured Image ” and doing so quickly.
Were you able to remove a featured picture from a WordPress article that you created for yourself? Please share your thoughts in the comment section at the bottom of this page. Also Check see this article: How to Fix WordPress Image Errors.
How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post & Page
- In PHP, how do you push an associative array? In PHP, the in array() function checks if an array value exists and if it is associative or multidimensional. On October 9, 2021, the PHP function is array() | is Array With Example will be released. on September 25, 2021
- Empty() | Determine if an array is empty or not in PHP PHP Example of mysql real escape string() | MYSQLi Escape String | August 5, 2021
- MySQL Real Escape String() | MYSQLi Escape String The second day of August in the year 2021
- Mysqli num rows() | Check whether the ResultSet is empty | Example On the 31st of July, 2021, mysqli fetch assoc() will be available. Fetch Multiple Rows with PHP | Example 30th of July, 2021
- Strrev() | PHP Reverse String | Exemplification On July 28, 2021, strlen() will return the length of a string in PHP. The date is July 28, 2021
- How to Change the Link Color in WordPress (August 2, 2020) Hover over the posts/pages to learn more. On August 1, 2020, we’ll show you how to hide the featured image in a WordPress post page. On July 29, 2020, we will show you how to use WP Query to display Custom Post Types in WordPress. On July 22, 2020, we will show you how to remove the last character from a string using jQuery. How to Get the href Value of an Anchor Tag in jQuery on July 18, 2020
- The 18th of July, 2020
Cookies are used on our website to provide you with the most relevant experience possible by remembering your preferences and recognizing you when you return. By clicking “Accept,” you agree to the usage of ALL cookies on this website.
How To Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post or Page
This is demonstrated by the right graphic displayed before your article: what your blog is about. Featured images serve as a visual summary of your content, and they are frequently the first thing that visitors view when they arrive at your website. The majority of people either use a different picture as the feature image or choose an existing image inside the article to serve as the feature image. In any case, using a featured picture in your text can help you enhance SEO rankings while also attracting more users to your site.
So, what is the best way to go about it?
What Exactly Is A Featured Image?
A featured picture, often known as a thumbnail, is a visual representation of your articles, custom post types, and pages that is utilized by WordPress themes. You’ll typically find them in blog archives, post pages, and the home page of a blog or website. When your articles are shared on other platforms, the featured images are displayed alongside the article text.
Why Use Featured Images?
There are several advantages to using featured photos. For example, they may:
- Visitor attraction and search engine optimization (SEO) are two important goals. Make your website’s tone more appealing
- Increase the value of its material.
Why Hiding Featured Images is Useful
For some, the featured image may draw the attention of others who are potentially interested. The image will, however, give their website a strange appearance in the true sense of the word. This is due to the fact that:
- That graphic has absolutely nothing to do with your post
- It is completely unrelated. It is possible that the image will appear in many articles. Due to the fact that the image is not designed for mobile, it will display on your reader’s screen as a large, strange picture that will distract them from your content.
The ability to hide highlighted photos is advantageous in this situation.
Hiding Featured images
If hiding featured images makes sense for your website, here are four methods for accomplishing your goal.
1. Hide Featured Image using Theme
This will just take a few minutes if your WordPress theme has the option to conceal a featured picture. If your theme does not include this option, you are out of luck. This functionality will be visible whenever you open the block editor in the theme settings, so all you have to do now is conceal the featured image in the theme settings. The Astra theme is the most appropriate to utilize. It’s extremely configurable, lightweight, and packed with a slew of interesting features. In addition, there are certain occasions where this functionality is not displayed at all.
Instead, a plugin should be used.
2. Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post Using plugin
Don’t be concerned if your theme does not have a function that allows you to conceal prominent photos. Plugins should be used instead. But, which plugin is the most effective to use?
The Hide Featured Image plugin is the most effective solution for this problem. It is also common among WordPress plugins that handle photos, such as the Image Manager plugin. The following are the actions to take in order to hide photos with this plugin:
- Look for the plugin on the internet and read user reviews. Before you install it, make sure that it is compatible with the WordPress version that you are now using. If a plugin can’t be updated for a particular length of time, avoid using it since you may not be able to get help if you run into difficulties. It is also possible that the plugins will not function properly. Install the plugin on your computer. Navigate to the WordPress DashboardpluginsAdd New and click on it. Install the plugin Hide Featured Image after searching for it. Activate the plugin by clicking on it. Go to your dashboard and click on postsedit post when it has been activated. The “Show/Hide Featured Image” meta box with the Yes/No option may be found farther down on the post edit screen by scrolling to the bottom. If you choose yes, the post will be updated.
3. No Plugin Option in WordPress?
There are various scenarios in which WordPress does not have the necessary plugins. Don’t be concerned if you find yourself in this circumstance. The network has removed the possibility that your site is a part of a WordPressmultisite network, as well as the plugins menu items on network sites, in order to protect against abuse. Ask your network administrator to install the plugins on your behalf if you are experiencing this difficulty.
4. Hide Featured Image in Post Manually
If you are unable to upload and install a plugin, you can manually complete the process by following these instructions.
- Select AppearanceCustomize from the WordPress Dashboard. When you click on it, a WordPress theme customizer will open, allowing you to modify or make changes to your site while viewing a live preview of your site. Select “Additional CSS” from the drop-down menu, and then type in some CSS code to manually remove the featured image. In the text field of Additional CSS, paste the following shortcode:.single – post.wp – post – image
- In the final step, click on the “publish” button and visit the website to see if the featured image has changed.
It is essential that you keep your featured image visible on your website because it is an integral part of your website’s overall design. For example, they may assist in attracting and increasing the number of visitors, improving Search Engine Optimization, and increasing the value of the material. Nonetheless, there are instances in which you may choose to conceal the featured picture. Why don’t you give one of these ways a shot now that you’ve learned how to do it correctly?
How to hide featured image in WordPress post
In the year 2020, the majority of WordPress themes will provide the ability to include a featured picture into articles or pages. However, none of the themes include the option to conceal the main image. This article will be of use to you if you are looking for information on how to conceal the featured picture in a WordPress post. The following sections cover two simple approaches for hiding the featured picture in your WordPress posts and pages.
1. Hide featured image within WordPress theme options.
Some WordPress themes have the ability to show or conceal the featured picture, which might be useful in certain situations. I recommend using the Astra theme for this purpose. Astra is a popular WordPress theme that can be found in the WordPress theme library. Astra is a free WordPress theme that is lightweight, SEO friendly, and completely customizable. The Astra theme includes a feature that allows you to hide the featured image for a single post or page.
- Installing the Astra theme from the WordPress theme repository is simple. Activate the theme by clicking on it. Create a new post or page. Locate the ‘Astra Setting’ option on the right-hand side of the editing Panel. ‘Disable Featured Image’ may be found under the ‘Astra Setting’ heading. Select ‘Disable Featured Image’ from the drop-down menu
Astra is a WordPress theme that can be found in the theme repository; Make the theme active; A new blog post or page should be created. Astra Settings may be found on the right-hand side of the editor panel. ‘Disable Featured Image’ may be found in the ‘Astra Setting’ section. Disable the featured image by checking the box next to it.
2. Hide featured image with WordPress Plugins
Instead of using the Astra theme, if you do not want to utilize it and your current theme does not have an option to conceal the featured picture, you may make use of WordPress Plugins to do the task. So, how do you go about finding the appropriate plugins for it? Simply navigate to the WordPress Plugins repository and search for the plugin you wish. Searching for the term ‘hide featured image’ for this purpose yields a large number of plugin possibilities for your query. IsHide Featured Image one of the first plugins to display in the search results?
However, you should be aware of it.
Because of this, consider hard before installing and activating plugins.
In the WordPress Plugin repository, you may find an alternative plugin that does the same thing.
Cyrill Bolliger’s ‘Conditionally show featured picture on solitary posts and pages’ is an example of what he means. The plugins perform the same functions, and they are all compatible with the most recent WordPress version.
How to use ‘Conditionally display featured image on singular posts and pages’ Plugins?
The plugin is simple to use and has a convenient interface.
- Log in to the WordPress administration area. Select Plugins from the drop-down menu and click ‘Add new’. Try searching for ‘Conditionally display featured picture on solitary posts and pages’ or something similar. To install the plugin, click on the ‘Install’ button. To make it active, click on the ‘Activate’ button. Select ‘Add New’ from the Pages or Posts drop-down menus. The ‘Featured Image’ area may be found on the right-hand side of the editor. To display the featured image only in post lists, uncheck the box that says “Hide featured image on singular views.” Done
What is the importance of featured images on a blog or website?
Websites have a significant aesthetic impression on their visitors. It has been demonstrated that using visually appealing and relevant photographs in a post or on a website boosts visitor engagement. A good featured picture would serve as an excellent introduction to your material as well as a visual representation of it. Users are not only drawn to your website by a compelling featured image, but they are also interested in reading your content.
Can I use multiple featured images for a single post?
Yes, this is a possibility. Make use of the freeDynamic Featured Imagefree plugin created by Ankit Pokhrel to display dynamic featured images. A page, a post, or a custom post type can have several featured photos or numerous post thumbnails added to them dynamically by the Plugin. This plugin offers you with an interface that allows you to add as many featured images as you want to your website without having to write a single line of code. Go to the plugins section:
How to hide featured image in post (WordPress) with code?
Yes, this is a viable option. Make use of the Ankit Pokhrel-developedDynamic Featured Image free plugin. A page, a post, or a custom post type can have several featured photos or numerous post thumbnails added to them dynamically using the Plugin. Without writing a single line of code, this plugin provides you with an interface via which you may add as many featured images as you like. Plugins may be found by clicking here:
How to remove featured image from the home page?
If you use a theme like Astra, you can easily conceal the featured picture on the main page using the theme’s default function, which I stated before. If you don’t want to utilize a plugin, you may conceal the featured picture on the main page. Finally, if you want to accomplish this with a simple CSS code, copy and paste the following code into the additional CSS area of your theme. body.home.entry-thumbnail
How to remove featured image from body of a post?
If your theme does not have an option to conceal the featured picture, you may either utilize plugins or the CSS code that I stated before to do this task. I hope you find the information in this post useful. Any thoughts you may have on the subject are welcome and should be shared with us. Fill in the blanks with your insightful remarks in the comment area.
How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post (Easily)
WordPress Featured Image refers to the image that shows at the top of each individual blog post on the WordPress platform. It either indicates what the blog post is about or allows you to include any image that is relevant to the blog post. Essentially, it is referred to as a post thumbnail, and it gives you the option of displaying or hiding featured images on your website. If you don’t want the featured image to be hidden, you can learn how to add featured images in WordPress by visiting this page.
Let’s get this party underway as soon as possible.
- Hide the prominent image of WordPress manually
- Using a plugin, you may hide the featured picture on your WordPress site.
Hide WordPress Featured Image in All Post Manually
The first thing you need to do is navigate to your WordPress DashboardAppearancecustomize and fill out the necessary information. When you click on this, the WordPress theme customizer will open, allowing you to make changes while viewing a live preview of your site. After that, you’ll need to navigate to the’Additional CSS’option and manually enter some CSS code to remove the featured picture. Simply paste the following shortcode into the text field of Additional CSS:.single-post.wp-post-image Now that you’ve hit the publish button, you can go back to your website and see how the featured picture has changed.
As you can see in the photograph above, the situation is dire. This tutorial will show you how to use CSS to conceal the featured picture in a WordPress article.
Hiding Featured Image in WordPress Post via Plugin
Using a plugin is another option for hiding the featured image in WordPress posts and pages. We recommend that you use theHide Featured Imageplugin. Go to the search engine and type in Hide Featured Imageplugin. After that, install the plugin and activate it by clicking on the activation button. Once the plugin has been active, you will need to modify a post in which you wish to conceal the featured picture in order for it to work. If you scroll down, you will see a section with a Yes/No option to hide the featured image.
This tutorial will show you how to use a plugin to hide the featured image on a single post.
To summarize, here is how you can conceal the WordPress featured picture on your website, either with or without the use of a plugin. There are a variety of alternative plugins available that may be used to conceal the main picture. If you found this post useful, please don’t forget to leave a comment and to follow us on Twitter and Facebook. You might also be interested in reading the following piece:
- This concludes our discussion on hiding the WordPress featured picture on your website, whether with or without a plugin. Another option is to install another plugin that will conceal the main picture from your website. Do not forget to leave a comment and follow us on Facebook and Twitter if you found this post to be useful. Alternatively, you might be interested in the following article:
How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress Post
Having trouble figuring out how to remove the featured picture from a certain WordPress post? The identical question was recently posed to me by one of my friends. He attempted to delete the main image from a certain WordPress article, but was unable to do so due to technical difficulties. And if you’re experiencing the same problem, I’ve written another piece that will explain how to hide featured photos on a single WordPress post. There are some situations in which you don’t want to delete the featured picture from the posteditor in WordPress, but instead merely want to make it unavailable to visitors.
However, before you can hide the featured picture, there are a few things you should be aware of: I strongly advise you not to delete the featured picture URL and instead to just conceal it using some plugins instead.
As a result, it is preferable to simply conceal the featured picture on a specific post rather than removing it entirely from those sites.
How to Hide Featured Image in WordPress?
When it comes to hiding the main picture on your WordPress website, there are many options available. It may involve the use of a WordPress plugin, the creation of custom CSS for specific pages, or the use of pre-built options in some themes to hide the featured image. You can use any of these methods that are most convenient for you – but I recommend that you first check to see if your theme already includes a pre-built option for this functionality. For example, there is a theme entitled Astra that is accessible in the WordPress repository.
In the Astra theme, there is an option to hide the featured image.
All you have to do is log into your administration console.
As indicated in the image above, select “Disable Featured Image” from the drop-down menu.
For a small fee, our team will assist you in removing or hiding the featured image from your post on the site. Nonetheless, I urge that you experiment with the approaches I’ve provided below because they are, for the most part, effective for any website. However, if it isn’t, please let us know.
Hide Featured Image Using WordPress Plugin
If your theme does not provide a built-in ability to conceal the featured picture from a certain blog post, you may hide or delete the featured image from the WordPress article using one of several free plugins. These free plugins may provide the following features:
- Display the featured image only on specific posts and pages based on their content
- Remove the featured image
You may quickly delete or conceal the featured picture in WordPress with the help of one of these plugins. Installing the plugin is simple; simply open the post that you want to conceal the featured picture from and select the ” Hide Featured Image ” option from the drop-down list that appears. On your WordPress website, it will prevent the featured picture from being shown. You may find a step-by-step instruction to utilizing the “Conditionally show featured picture on solitary posts and pages” plugin here if you’re still not sure how to go about doing it.
- Once you’ve located the plugin, click on the ” Install Now ” option and then ” Activate ” to begin the installation process.
- It will take care of the installation and activation of the plugin.
- Once the plugin has been active, save the article and close it.
- Immediately following the featured picture, you’ll be given the choice to conceal the featured image on all individual pages (as shown in the image above).
- It will handle every aspect of your life for you.
Hide Featured Image Using Custom CSS
If none of the solutions listed above are successful for you, you may try concealing the featured picture using custom CSS instead. When it comes to this choice, I don’t normally advocate it unless you have extensive knowledge of HTML and CSS. The only thing I dislike about this method is that it takes a lot more time to find the element using the ” Inspect ” method in your browser and then writing custom codes every time for hiding the featured image and saving the settings in ” Additional CSS ” options in customization option.If you only have a small number of posts on which you want to hide the featured image, then you can give it a try;Step-by-step pHow to Hide Your Post’s Featured Image in WordPress If, for example, I’m using the GeneratePress theme on my website and want to hide the featured image of a post titled “Image SEO,” I’ll open the post in my browser (I prefer Chrome for this) and right-click on the featured image, selecting ” Inspect ” from the drop-down menu.Hiding Featured Image Using Custom CSSOnce you select ” Inspect ” from the drop-down menu, a dialogue box will appear with the ” HTML entities ” of the website.
Using these variables, we can create specific CSS code for the featured image, which will be termed ” featured-image page-header-image-single” and the unique ID of the article, which will be ” post-785.” So, to accomplish this, we will write the code that I have provided below and save it in the ” Additional CSS ” option that can be found easily within the customizer.Here is the code;post-785.featured-imageThis code will assist in hiding the featured image of a specific WordPress blog post that you are viewing.
Successfully Hide the Featured Image in WordPressAnd, if you want to hide the featured image of all posts, you can simply use this CSS code depending on the class name (as shown below) and save it in the ” Additional CSS ” section of your WordPress installation.Successfully Hide the Featured Image in WordPress The code is as follows;.featured-imageIf you are unable to complete the process manually, please contact us at and our team will assist you with it (yes, for a small fee).
How Can I Use Multiple Featured Image in WordPress
Yes, it is possible to utilize several featured pictures in WordPress without difficulty – but we must first install a plugin called ” Dynamic Featured Image “. Featured Image Plugin with Dynamic Content When you use this plugin, you can easily add dynamically featured photos to your blog posts, pages, and custom post kinds. They provide a simple interface that allows you to select the amount of photographs you want to be displayed as a featured image without having to write a single line of code for you.
As a result, if you use this plugin, you may encounter a compatibility problem.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You’ll find three different approaches to conceal the featured picture in particular WordPress articles, each depending on your requirements and post kinds. These are the procedures:
- Hide the featured image using a theme option
- Hide the featured image using custom CSS
- Hide the featured image using a plugin
- Hide the featured image using a theme option
Can We Add More than One Featured Image in WordPress?
Hide the featured image using a theme option; Hide the featured image using custom CSS; Hide the featured image using a plugin; Hide the featured image using a theme option;
So in today’s article, I’ve done my best to describe several methods of hiding the featured picture without eliminating them entirely. If you like, you may also delete the featured picture – but, as I previously stated, I do not advocate doing so because the image is needed by several meta tags. In other cases, even deleting the featured picture can be difficult, especially if you’re using a new WordPress theme that doesn’t come with clear instructions or if you’re unfamiliar with the fundamental HTML codes.
Please contact us at with your WordPress login credentials and our experts will remove the restriction for you (yes, for a small fee).