- First login word-press dashboard.
- Go to your Customize.
- Find the Text Widget, and drag it into your footer.
- For the image URLs, find the social Media icon in your Media Library and click “Edit.
- Copy the entire File URL here Repeat with all of the links and image URLs.
- 1 How do I change my Facebook link on WordPress?
- 2 How do I add social media links to WordPress?
- 3 How do I remove social media links from WordPress?
- 4 How do I add social media links to my website?
- 5 How do I change my Instagram link on WordPress?
- 6 How do I change the preview of a WordPress post on Facebook?
- 7 How do I change the thumbnail image in WordPress?
- 8 How do I add social media buttons to my WordPress blog?
- 9 How do I add social media icons to my WordPress header?
- 10 How do I add social media to my WordPress footer?
- 11 How do I remove my twitter link from WordPress?
- 12 What does disable social media buttons mean?
- 13 How do I remove icons from WordPress?
- 14 Social Icons Block
- 15 Create a Social Links Menu
- 16 How to Add Social Media Icons to WordPress Menus (Easy Way)
- 17 Adding Social Media Icons to Your WordPress Site
- 18 How to Add Social Media Icons in WordPress’ Header
- 19 How to Add Social Icons to Your Menu in WordPress
- 20 WordPress Social Media Plugins
- 21 Godaddy – Voeg knoppen voor sociale media toe aan WordPress
- 22 Meer informatie
- 23 How to Easily Add Social Media Icons in WordPress
- 24 What are Social Media Icons and Its Benefits?
- 25 The verdict
- 26 How to Add Social Media Icons to the WordPress Footer
- 27 Where to Place Social Media Profile Icons
- 28 How to Add Social Media Icons to The WordPress Footer
- 28.1 How to Add Social Media Icons to The WordPress Footer Without a Plugin
- 28.2 How to Add Social Media Icons to the WordPress Footer with Social Media Plugins
- 28.3 How to Install a WordPress Plugin
- 28.4 Instructions on How to Add Social Media Icons to the WordPress Footer
- 29 Ending thoughts on how to add social media icons to the WordPress footer
- 30 How to Add Social Media Icons to WordPress
- 31 Does Your Theme Already Provide a Social Menu?
- 32 How to Create Your Own Social Links Menu
- 33 Generating a Social Media Buzz With Simple Share
- 34 Embed Social Sharing Buttons Anywhere on Your Website
- 35 Create a Floating Sharing Bar
- 36 Conclusion
- 37 The Best WordPress Themes and Plugins on Envato Market
- 38 How to Add New Social Network Icon in the WordPress Dashboard
- 39 What Are the Reasons to Add Social Network Icon in Menu?
- 40 Adding Social Network Icon in WP Dashboard
- 41 Super WP Plugins to Add Social Network Icons
- 42 How to Add Social Media Icons in the Header?
- 43 How to Add Social Media Icons to WordPress with Menu Image
- 44 What Are Social Icons?
- 45 Other Icon Suggestions
Click on Social Media >. You will find all your social links there. Click on the one you want to change, it will open up it’s respective section with 2 fields, having URL and Navigation Label, copy and paste your link in the URL field.
To activate the social links menu:
- Log in to your WordPress account, if you haven’t already.
- In WordPress’s left-hand menu, select Appearance > Customize.
- Select Menus > Create New Menu.
- Give your menu a descriptive name.
- Select the Social Links Menu checkbox, and then click Next.
remove social media icons
- Go to Theme Customization.
- Click on Menus.
- Click on Social Media.
- Under Menu Locations, uncheck Social Menu.
How do I add social media links to my site?
- Click the icon with three dots to edit, hide or delete a social media icon.
- Change the order of the icons by clicking on a link and dragging it up and down, while holding your mouse button.
- Type in an email or URL to one of your social media pages to add a new icon.
Changing Instagram account
- Go to My Sites → Customize(Beside the Themes Menu) or Just click this link: https://wordpress.com/customize/, this will open up the customizer.
- From the left sidebar of the customizer, click on the Widgets option.
- Click on the location where your Instagram widget is.
How do I change the preview of a WordPress post on Facebook?
You can fix your Facebook link previews it in a matter of minutes using a free WordPress plugin called Yoast SEO: After installing it on your WordPress site, simply scroll to the bottom of a page or post to update the Facebook preview to the way you want it to look.
How do I change the thumbnail image in WordPress?
How to Change Your Thumbnail Size in WordPress
- Go to your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to the Settings > Media tab.
- Look for the Image sizes > Thumbnail size section.
- Change the default width and height of your thumbnails in pixels.
To activate sharing buttons, navigate to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing. Here, under Sharing buttons, turn on the Add sharing buttons to your posts button. Next, from your WordPress menu, select Settings → Sharing. Under Sharing Buttons, drag the services appropriate to your website into the Enabled Services box.
Social icons in the header
- Go to Appearance.
- Go to the menu.
- Create a menu.
- Select your created menu.
- Enter your Facebook, Instagram, etc URL.
- Add the Link name.
- Select the Display location for where you want to show.
- And save the Menu.
The Social Icon Widget’s location is on the Widget page. In the Footer section, hold and drag the Social Media icon. Instructions on How to Add Social Media Icons to the WordPress Footer
- Visit WordPress Plugin Repository.
- Choose any social media icon plugin and install it.
- Customize the widget according to preferences.
Log into your WordPress.com blog. Go to Settings→Sharing in your blog’s Dashboard and click the X next to the link to the Twitter account you wish to disconnect.
Disable Social Media Buttons Even if you don’t click them, these buttons send requests to the social network’s servers which then uses the information to create a profile based on your browsing habits.
How do I remove icons from WordPress?
If you do not want this to be displayed, go to the customiser panel and click on Global Settings ->Title icons settings. Here you can remove the check against Display a post icon next to the single post title. You can further customize the display of icons next to different kinds of posts/pages in this section.
Social Icons Block
The Social Icons block is a collection of icons that represent social media. This feature allows you to include social media icons on any page or post and lead visitors to your social network profiles. Here’s an illustration: The following is a table of contents: Adding the Social Icons block is as simple as selecting it from the Add Block button and pressing Enter. Alternatively, you may start typing/socialing on a new line and hit the enter button. As soon as you add the block for the first time, you will be presented with a Size setting that will assist you in defining the size of your icons: For additional information, please see our full instructions on how to add blocks.
To add your first icon, click on the plus sign (+button).
You can choose the symbol you want from the list, or you can search for a specific icon, such as “Facebook,” using the search option.
You may then attach the emblem to your social media profile, if you choose.
Enter the link to your social network profile by typing or pasting it into the text box and clicking the arrow icon.
The following is the table of contents:
Add New Icons
To the right of the current icons, click the + Add Icon button to add a new icon. This will bring up a list of all of the icons that are currently accessible. You may use the search function to find the icon you wish to use. Adding a new icon to the collection. Even if the icon you’re looking for isn’t available, there’s a generic link button that you may use instead: The generic Link icon is seen below. Section I: Table of Contents
List of Supported Icons
There are a variety of icons available for use, including:
- 500px, Bandcamp, Behance, CodePen, DeviantArt, Dribbble, Dropbox, Etsy, Facebook, Flickr, Foursquare, GitHub, Goodreads, Google, Instagram, Last.fm, LinkedIn, Email (mailto: links), Mastodon, Meetup, and Twitter
- Among the sites that accept RSS feeds include Medium, Patreon, Pinterest, Pocket, Reddit, RSS Feed (URLs that begin with /feed/), Skype, Snapchat, Soundcloud, Spotify, Telegram, TikTok, Tumblr, Twitch, Twitter, Vimeo, VK, WordPress, Yelp, and YouTube.
Remove an icon
In order to delete an icon, first click on it to bring up the icon’s own toolbar. Remove the social media symbol by clicking on the ellipsis (three-dot) button next to it and selecting Remove Block:Removing a social media icon ↑ Section I: Table of Contents
In addition to the choices available in the block toolbar, each block has its own set of options available in the editor sidebar. For those who don’t see the sidebar, you may access it by clicking on the ‘cog’ symbol to the right of the publish button.
In the block settings, you have the option of selecting one of three distinct icon styles: arrow, square, and circle. Settings that are not allowed
You have the option of selecting the justification of the icons from the left, center, right, or space between objects on the screen.
You may also choose to open the links in a new tab by selecting the “Open in a new tab” option from the drop-down menu on the right.
When this option is enabled, the links in the social icons will open in a new tab on your browser.
There are two color settings options that you may change under Color Settings.
- Color of the icons in the Social Icons block may be changed using the icon color property. The background color of all icons may be changed by selecting it and pressing Enter.
This page allows you to add a CSS class to your block, which gives you the ability to create custom CSS and design the block anyway you see appropriate. The advanced option allows you to customize your block by adding a CSS class to it. Each social media symbol can also be assigned to a certain class. By picking an icon and editing the Additional CSS Class field for that icon, you may add a class to it as follows: The CSS class field for a single icon is seen below.
Create a Social Links Menu
Many themes have a built-inSocial Links Menu, which displays visually appealing icons that link to services such as Twitter and Facebook, allowing visitors to reach you on social media platforms. This tutorial will walk you through the process of configuring your theme’s built-in social links menu. It is possible to achieve the same outcome by including a Social Icons block in your theme if it does not already feature a social connections menu. Section 1: Table of ContentsIf your theme does not include a spot for a Social Menu, you may check by navigating to AppearanceCustomize Menus View all Locations.
The following are the steps to creating a social links menu:
- It is possible to edit a Social menu that has already been established if you see it highlighted in red. Otherwise, clickCreate New Menuinstead and enter a name for the menu, such as “Social” for instance.
- UnderMenu Locations, make sure that the checkbox forSocial Links/Iconsis selected:
- To add your first social media link to the menu, select + Add Items:
- To add your second social media link to the menu, select + Add Items:
- To add your third social media link to the menu, select + Add Items:
- URL: Include the address of one of your social media profiles in this field. For example, if you have a link to your Facebook page, you would put that link into the URL area of the form. Text for the link: Fill up the blanks with the name of the social networking site, such as Facebook or Instagram.
- Once you have completed both forms, click on the Add to Menu button.
- Repeat the preceding steps until all of the social media profiles that you wish to utilize have been added to the menu:
- At the end, click “Save Changes.” You should have a look at your website to view your fresh updated social media icons.
The following is the table of contents:
When you link to any of the following sites from your social links menu, the emblem for that site will immediately appear in your menu:
- 500px, Amazon, Apple, Bandcamp, Behance, CodePen, DeviantArt, Digg, Dribbble, Dropbox, Etsy, Facebook, Flickr, Foursquare, GitHub, Goodreads, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, and email (mailto: links) are all good places to start.
- Meetup, Medium, Pinterest, Pocket, Reddit, RSS Feed (URLs that begin with /feed/), Skype, SlideShare, Snapchat, SoundCloud, Spotify, StumbleUpon, Tumblr, Twitch, Twitter, Vimeo, VK, WordPress, Yelp, and YouTube are just a few examples.
Older themes may support a different collection of icons than newer themes; the documentation for your theme should indicate the icons that are supported. After that, you may personalize the menu design.
How to Add Social Media Icons to WordPress Menus (Easy Way)
Is it important to you to have social network icons in your WordPress menu? In spite of the fact that WordPress does not provide a section for social network accounts, you can quickly add and display social media icons on any widget-ready part of your website by using WordPress navigation menus. It is our goal in this post to teach you how to include social network symbols into your WordPress navigation menus.
Why You Should Add Social Media Icons to Menus?
The most significant advantage of including social media icons in WordPress menus is the ability to rearrange the order in which they appear via the use of a simple drag and drop interface. It is possible to display social media symbols in your sidebar by utilizing third-party plugins; however, the majority of these solutions are less versatile. Additionally, when you add social media icons to WordPress menus, they may be shown on any widget-ready location of your site, such as your sidebar, footer, underneath posts, and so on.
As a result, let’s take a look at how you may quickly and effectively add social media icons to your WordPress menus.
Adding Social Media Icons to WordPress Menus
The first step is to download, install, and activate theMenu Imageplugin on your computer. For further information, please refer to our step-by-step instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin (included). Following activation, you must navigate to theMenu Imagepage inside your WordPress administration section. Following that, you will be able to customize the picture sizes that will appear in your menu. You have the option of leaving the sizes at their original settings or modifying them to meet your requirements.
- Once you’ve completed this, you’ll need to navigate to Appearance » Menus in your WordPress administration area.
- You may then give your menu a name and click on the ‘Create Menu’ button to begin the creation process.
- Input the URL of your social network page, along with any link text you want to include, then click the ‘Add to Menu’ button.
- After that, if you hover over your freshly constructed menu, you’ll notice an option that reads ‘Menu Image,’ which is what you should select.
- In the next seconds, a popup window will emerge with all of the options for your social media symbol.
- If you choose the Image option, you will be able to submit an image of the social networking site by selecting the ‘Set image’ option from the drop-down menu.
- On the other hand, you may pick the Icon option and then choose a social networking icon from the drop-down menu that appears.
Alternatively, if you simply want the social icon to be displayed and not the associated label, you may pick the ‘Hide’ option under the Title position setting.
Simply repeat the process to include as many social media icons as you require.
It’s also possible to include a social symbol menu in your WordPress sidebar.
You should choose the social menu that you built above from the Select Menu dropdown menu, and then click on the ‘Save’ button to save your changes.
You will need to apply custom CSS to the widget in order for it to look precisely like that.
We hope you found this post useful in learning how to include social media symbols in WordPress menus.
We encourage you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more WordPress video tutorials if you enjoyed this post.
Please be aware that our material is sponsored by our readers.
See how WPBeginner is supported, why it is important, and how you can help us by donating. The Editorial Staff at WPBeginner is a group of WordPress specialists, lead by Syed Balkhi, who provides guidance and support. Over 1.3 million readers around the world put their trust in us.
Adding Social Media Icons to Your WordPress Site
Having a presence on social media has become increasingly important in recent years, to the point that failing to do so might have a detrimental influence on your company’s bottom line. It is not enough to simply have a website; you must also ensure that it is connected with your social media accounts. There are a variety of things you can do to direct visitors from your website to your social media accounts. The most effective way for WordPress users, on the other hand, is to install one or two specialized plugins.
This post will explain how to include social networking symbols into your website, as well as provide a list of plugins that can assist you in the process.
How to Add Social Media Icons in WordPress’ Header
Before we get started, it’s important to note that you can use one of the plugins we’ll discuss later to add social network icons to the top of your website’s header. However, there is sometimes a far simpler way to accomplish this that does not include the installation of any additional software. When looking for a solution, the first place to go is inside your present theme. Many themes feature choices for including social media symbols on your website, as well as the ability to customize the display area: for example, you may choose the following: If your theme does not include this option, you have three options to choose from.
If you choose the second option, you’ll want to seek for something that is adaptable while still being well-suited to your specialty.
Non-coders, on the other hand, will appreciate the simplicity of use that a multi-purpose theme such as AvadaorDivi gives.
How to Add Social Icons to Your Menu in WordPress
In addition to including social network icons in your header, you may also wish to include them in your WordPress menus. Given that menus are highly visible to the majority of your site’s visitors, this is a wise decision. Your current theme may allow you to link to your social network accounts from your menu, similar to how you may link to them from your header. There are several themes that offer this as a basic function, including the default options like as Twenty-fifth (25th): Adding custom social network icons to a theme that does not already feature this capability is a straightforward process that can be accomplished in a few easy steps.
- Create a child theme in order to ensure that your modifications are preserved
- Font Awesome should be enabled through your theme’s functions.php file. In WordPress, you can add CSS classes to your navigation menu by going to the AppearanceMenus panel and selecting CSS classes. If required, use the style.css file included with your theme to style the icons.
For people without a great deal of technical knowledge, this procedure can be a bit difficult to navigate at times.
So let’s have a look at a number of WordPress plugins that may accomplish the same goal as described above.
WordPress Social Media Plugins
The numerous techniques for including social media symbols in WordPress have been demonstrated in this article. However, when compared to the use of an appropriate plugin, nearly all of them pale in contrast. After all, plugins, which often allow for extensive modification, are far more user-friendly than traditional manual procedures. Let’s have a look at a few tools that you could find useful.
First and foremost, Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPressis one of the best premium options available for adding social network icons to your WordPress website. It is available for purchase on the WordPress plugin repository. It’s an extraordinarily comprehensive tool that, when compared to its competitors, is unquestionably the best. In addition, this plugin provides choices for adding social media symbols to a variety of areas on your website — including pop-ups, floating “sticky” bars, and other elements.
Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress is available for purchase on CodeCanyon for $20, and it should be towards the top of your shortlist of potential candidates for inclusion.
Jetpack’s Social Media Icons
As a starting point, Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPressis one of the best premium options available for adding social network icons to your WordPress website. It is free to use and can be downloaded here. Compared to its competitors, it’s a very thorough tool, and it may even be the best. This plugin provides choices for adding social media symbols to a variety of areas on your website — including pop-ups, floating’sticky’ bars, and other creative alternatives. Apart from that, there’s an extensive library of animated effects, several icon designs to select from, and other more features to take advantage off.
Simple Author Box
Last but not least, the freeSimple Author Boxplugin does exactly what it says on the tin: it allows you to create simple author boxes. Using it, you can easily add a box to your website that contains your Gravatar as well as your name, domain, and other important information – such as social media symbols. This is a wonderful solution for blogs that are primarily focused on authors. Adding the author box to your posts will display it at the end of each post, and you can also include it in your customsingle.php or author.php templates if you choose.
When it comes to the channels you may promote, there are more than 30 to select from.
Get Support for More Common WordPress Questions From WP Engine
It takes effort to be successful on social media, just as it takes effort to build a website that is search engine optimized. When you combineWP Enginewith a social media automation solution, such asSocial Media Suite, you may significantly increase the effectiveness of your social media activities.
WP Engine provides exceptional dependability as well as a knowledgeable support team to assist you. This is shown via our dedicatedResource Center. It’s jam-packed with practical, everyday advice to help WordPress users when they need it the most. Take a look at it right now!
A social media widget must be added to your WordPress website in order to take advantage of social media’s reach and influence. Following installation, these widgets are almost always visible in the toolbar or the voettekst. It is possible to use a variety of plug-ins for this purpose, such as the Contact Widgets plug-in, which is available for download.
- A social media widget must be added to your WordPress website in order to take advantage of social media’s reach and popularity. The widgets are usually visible on the toolbar or on the voettekst after they have been installed. It is possible to use a variety of plug-ins to do this, such as the Contact Widgets plug-in, which is available for download.
In order to determine whether or not the widget you desire is present on your live site, you should navigate to it. Observation: We provideGoDaddy Social. When you spend your time doing other things, our specialists can help you understand how to live your online life.
- Bring yourself back to the Wijzig a pagina -element in WordPress
- Alternatively, you can visit our WP Premium-ondersteuning Catalogue for more information on premium WordPress support.
How to Easily Add Social Media Icons in WordPress
The most recent update was made on April 19, 2021. inGuides It is always simpler to communicate with other people on social media than it is to interact with them on your own WordPress website, regardless of the platform. That is why many websites include a few social media icons to guide visitors to their social media platforms, such as Facebook or Instagram. If you want to have social media icons that are both visually appealing and functional, we recommend that you follow the instructions in this post.
What are Social Media Icons and Its Benefits?
To get things started, we’ll look at what social media symbols are and why we should include them on our website in the first place. Social media icons are symbols that direct users to the website’s owner’s social media accounts on websites such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, among others. However, don’t confuse these icons with social sharing buttons on other websites. By using a social sharing button, you may easily publish a post or a website to your own personal social networking sites.
In order to make your WordPress website more known to different individuals across various social media platforms, social linking is really beneficial.
There are a variety of approaches that you may use to generate social networking icons for your WordPress website.
- Use a theme that includes a built-in social network menu / widget option, and then study the documentation for the theme to learn how to incorporate them into your site. Different themes have different methods for including social media connections, so be sure you read the documentation thoroughly. Make use of a page builder. One thing to keep in mind is that not every page builder will allow you to install a social icons module
- Instead, you will need to use a plugin. Personally, I believe this is the quickest and most straightforward method, regardless of how inexperienced you are with WordPress.
In this post, I’ve chosen Simple Social Icon, which is a simple-to-use plugin that does exactly what its name suggests. All you have to do is keep these three steps in mind. You may download and install plugins by selectingDashboardPluginAdd New from the menu bar. When you see theSimple Social Icon, click on it to install and activate it.
Step 2: Look for the Widget and Locate the Icons
Following a successful installation and activation of the plugin, you will be presented with a widget titled Simple Social Icon. This is where you can add your social media links and personalize the way they appear on your website. There are two alternatives available to you:
Option 1: Use Admin Dashboard
Click on AppearanceWidget, then search for the nameSimple Social Iconand click on it to find the widget for the Simple Social Icon plugin. Then all you have to do is choose a spot for your social media icons. It is important to note that each theme has a separate widget space. Consider the following example: I selectSidebar to show social icons, and then clickAdd Widget. This is the point at which the widget, as well as other custom choices, appear in the sidebar of the website. You will be able to add links and adjust the appearance of social network icons in this section.
Simply drag and drop the links into their proper tabs, and you’re finished.
Because of this, you may incorporate many types of social networking connection symbols into your WordPress website.
Custom links, on the other hand, are not supported by this plugin. Consequently, if you have any links that are not included in the list above, you will be unable to submit them. After I added some connections to my website, let’s have a look at what happened:
Option 2: Use Customizer
Customizer also allows you to personalize your website and include social media links. Using this method has the advantage of allowing you to see a real-time preview, which means you can tweak while also seeing your social media symbols displayed on your website. To begin, navigate to your website and select Customize. In the same way as Option 1 did, go toWidget and pick a suitable spot for your social icons. Then, when you’ve located the links, select Add Widgetand typeSimple Social Iconin the search field, and then click on the widget you’ve just discovered.
After I finished adding all of the connections, I ended up with the following:
Step 3: Customize the Size and Color of Social Linking Icons
It is critical to personalize social sharing icons on your website in order to make it more appealing. All you have to do is navigate to the Admin Dashboard or the Customizer on your website. In order to properly customize the size and colors of social connecting icons, you should first create a title for each one. A compelling title might be effective in encouraging users to click on your social media icons. It’s important to remember to make names brief and catchy, such as “follow us,” “connect with us,” and other variations.
After that, you may change the size and color of the social networking icons.
If you’re using Customizer, choose DonePublish from the drop-down menu.
That’s all there is to it!
Isn’t it true that adding social network symbols is as simple as eating a piece of cake? All you have to do is follow our directions, and you will not be let down. Making your website look more professional by include these social network symbols will increase the likelihood of impressing your targeted visitors and increasing your conversion rates. If you have any questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to express them in the comments section below. We are ready to hear what you have to say.
Social media platforms aid in the popularization and well-knownization of businesses and websites among their target customers. It increases brand recognition, which has a variety of benefits. Knowing how to include social media icons in the WordPress footer will help you do the following:
- Increase your SEO ranking
- Gain significant word-of-mouth promotion
- And assist in developing a more personal interaction with your audiences or visitors.
Businesses may benefit from the use of social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and others. They have the ability to improve and enhance the relationship with possible clients or prospective consumers. Social media marketing has also become much more manageable in recent years. Facebook postings may be scheduled quite quickly, and there are programs that interact with all of the big social media networks. It is critical to establish a connection between visitors and the company’s social media profiles.
Visitors will be encouraged to follow the company’s social media profiles as a result of this.
This may be accomplished by website owners by including social network icons on their pages.
There are a variety of approaches that may be used to entice people to social media pages.
Using plugins to share social network accounts is the most simple and time-saving method available. There are a variety of free and paid plugins available for including social media icons in the WordPress footer.
Where to Place Social Media Profile Icons
The primary objective is to direct users to the company’s social media pages. As a result, it is critical to remember that these symbols should not be spammy or crowded in their appearance. Before adding icons, take into consideration the present theme and web design. Site owners may either insert icons directly in the footer or utilize the widget area that is included with the theme to display icons on their pages. It is possible to include social networking icons in the widget that appears next to the header of the page.
The steps outlined here will walk you through the process of adding social media icons to your WordPress footer.
Before installing any plugins, make sure that the theme you’re using provides an option to add icons to page sections. If this is not the case, it will be essential to employ code or a third-party icon plugin for WordPress. In the case of people who do not possess technical or coding abilities, plugins are a viable solution. The plugin will take care of all of the tedious tasks. All of the well-known platforms are covered in this package. Manual inclusion of less popular social media networks, on the other hand, will be required.
Adding social media symbols by hand might have its merits in some situations. It is possible to personalize and include less popular social media networks in the article or website parts as well as to remove them. Despite the fact that this involves the use of HTML code, the directions are straightforward. The next part shows how to accomplish this despite the fact that you are a complete novice in coding. Despite the fact that this article is designed for people who do not have CSS or programming abilities, it is simple to follow.
To prevent this, do the following steps: Navigate to the Images section.
To re-use an image, click on the Usage Rights labeled for reuse.
- Look for and download official social network icons from the Internet
- Navigate to the WordPress Dashboard area, hover your mouse over “Media,” and then click “Add New.” Open the icon’s picture in the Media Library and copy the direct URL from the image
- AppearanceWidgets should be selected.
- Select the widget space where you want to set the social media icons, and then insert a Custom HTML widget into it. Copy and paste the HTML code provided below to create and update a customized HTML document.
A href=”web address such as the address of a Facebook page, Twitter account, or other social media account” border=”0″ /> img border=”0″ /> alt=”alternet text” src=” ” width=”100″ height=”100″/a alt=”alternet text” src=” ” width=”100″ height=”100″/a
- Copy and paste the HTML code into the picture and use it as a link
- Widget to be saved
- Make a new session of the site and check to see whether the icon placement was effective.
If the procedure of entering social media icons into a widget is successful, the process may be repeated as many times as necessary. A sense of accomplishment comes from learning how to add social media symbols to the WordPress footer without the need of a plugin. It’s simple and convenient, and it helps to increase your online visibility on social networking networks.
WordPress is pre-installed with a number of plugins that may be used to further develop the website. There are several advantages for website owners who learn how to install and utilize these plugins. Plugins can improve the functioning of a page, resulting in increased traffic and conversion rates.
Installation of the plugins is simple; simply activate them and they are ready to use. In addition to including social media icons on a WordPress website, the following add-ons can help make the site more user-friendly:
Social Icons Widget by WPZOOM
This plugin is fully customisable, and it allows users to search for icons using a keyword search. They may also customize the size and cushioning, as well as select from a variety of various designs and colors.
Social Media Buttons
It provides users with the ability to customize and change the icon colors.
Social Media Icons
It offers a web interface that is straightforward and uncluttered.
How to Install a WordPress Plugin
- Access the WordPress dashboard using the sidebar menu and click on “Plugins.” By clicking on the “Add New” button located under the “Plugin” section, a page with a list of available plugins will be shown. Scroll through the list or type the name of the plugin into the search box to find it. Select the WordPress plugin that delivers the most useful WordPress functionality. Select the “Install Now” button from the drop-down menu.
- WordPress will begin the process of downloading the plugin. Upon activation, the “Install Now” button will change to the “Activate” button.
- To install a social media icon plugin, go to the WordPress Plugin Repository and select one from the list. Make changes to the widget to suit your needs and tastes. Customize the hover color, alter the backdrop color, pick an icon font color, adjust the icon size, modify the alignment, and add a title
This makes it simple to match the design of the symbol with the color scheme of the current theme. Users may make icons flat by changing the border radius of the icon to zero and increasing the icon size to around 30 pixels.
- After enabling the plugin, click on the “Appearance” button to see the changes. Users can browse to the Widget page from inside that portion of the site. Location of the Social Icon Widget: The Social Icon Widget may be found on the Widget page. Hold down the Social Media symbol in the Footer area and drag it to the right. Customize the widget to meet your own requirements and preferences.
- Save your changes and check them out on the front-end page.
Knowing how to incorporate social media symbols into the WordPress footer provides a sense of accomplishment. It will raise brand recognition as well as the number of followers. There are several benefits to engaging with visitors through social media sites. Visitors to a website can become followers by clicking on social network buttons. They will then be notified of any new postings, goods, or services that are available. Creating a connection between a company’s website and social media platforms is always a good idea.
Followed by an invitation for visitors to pass along social media links to their relatives and friends.
If you enjoyed reading this post on how to add social network symbols to the WordPress footer, you might also be interested in this article on how to remove dates from a WordPress website.
How to Add Social Media Icons to WordPress
11 minutes to complete the reading Today, social networking is one of the most successful methods to advertise your WordPress website, earning you important word-of-mouth marketing, enhancing your SEO, and allowing you to develop a more personal contact with your audience. Languages: As a result, why make it tough for people to interact with you on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and all of the other important ones? Despite the fact that many WordPress themes provide built-in social networking buttons, what happens if your favorite WordPress theme does not include this critical feature?
You will learn how to integrate crucial social networking elements into your WordPress website in this lesson.
Do you require a shortcut?
Icons for social media sites are available for free.
I’ll also show you how to include social sharing indicators into your website, including a floating bar that follows visitors as they scroll up and down the page, ensuring that your social sharing buttons are always within reach.
Does Your Theme Already Provide a Social Menu?
Exist any social media profiles related with your website that I should know about? It’s possible that you’ve set up a Twitter or Instagram account where you publish your most recent blog entries, or that you’d like to include a link to your personal Twitter account so that your audience can get to know who is behind the website. The methods I’ll be addressing in this area will include linking to your social media profiles from your website, as well as other methods. In most cases, these social network links are represented as icons; for example, in the accompanying screenshot, I’ve included links to my Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts.
There are a variety of approaches you can take to include social media symbols into your website, but one of the simplest is to pick a theme that has a pre-built social connections menu.
Despite the fact that the social connections menu is one of the most straightforward methods to advertise your social media accounts, each theme only supports a limited number of icons that you are unable to change.
To make the social connections menu appear, follow these steps:
- If you haven’t done so previously, create a WordPress account. To customize the appearance of WordPress, go to AppearanceCustomize in the left-hand menu. Create a new menu by selecting SelectMenusCreate New Menu
- Give your menu a name that is descriptive
- Select theSocial Links Menu checkbox and then press the Next button.
To add the first icon to your menu, select Add Items from the drop-down menu and then click to expand theCustom Linkssection. In theURLfield, you can enter the URL of your social network profile, for example, or any other URL. When you’re satisfied with the information you’ve entered, click the Add to Menu button. Repeat the process for each social network profile that you wish to add in your menu, and you’re done. Once you’ve added all of your social media profiles, you’ll be able to publish your menu by selecting Publish from the menu bar.
How to Create Your Own Social Links Menu
If your theme does not have a social connections menu, and altering your theme is not an option, one option is to install a plugin to accomplish the same result. It will be demonstrated in this part how to add social buttons to any widget area by utilizing the Social Icons Widget. To install and activate this free WordPress plugin, follow these steps:
- If you haven’t done so previously, create a WordPress account. Navigate to the PluginsAdd New menu option on the left-hand side of the screen. Start typingSocial Icons Widget by WPZOOM into the Searchbar on the left side of the screen. When the proper plugin is displayed, choose it by clicking on its associated button. Install the Nowbutton now
- When the Activatebutton appears, click on it to activate it.
Your plugin is now complete and ready to use! So let’s put it to use to build some connections to our social media profiles, like this:
- To customize the appearance of WordPress, go to AppearanceCustomize in the left-hand menu. Widgets may be found in the left-hand menu. Choose the widget area in which you wish to display your social icons, such as the Blog Sidebar or the Footer 1 of your website. Add a Widget is selected.
Start typingSocial icons by WPZoom in theSearch widgetssection, and when the plugin appears, choose it from the list that displays. If you want any title text to appear in bold above all of your social icons, you may enter it in the Title field. For example, “Follow us on social media!” The Text above iconssection allows you to provide some optional text that will be shown above the icons for your social network accounts. A subheading is created in the widget area, and it appears below anyTitletext that you enter into it.
- Alternatively, if you go down to theIconssection at the bottom of this menu, you will discover the default label for each social network, which you may alter if necessary.
- Select Add additional from the drop-down menu and then input the URL for one of your social networking profiles, such as or.
- Select whether opening a link from one of your social media icons should open a new tab or if the link should be accessed in the current tab when clicked.
- The majority of these options are rather self-explanatory in their nature.
It’s worth spending some time getting to know these options in depth since you may come up with some amazing and distinctive effects. As soon as you’re satisfied with your settings, clickApply, and connections to all of your social media profiles will be automatically added to your site.
Your social media accounts may be a very effective tool for advertising your website and business. However, by encouraging visitors to share your material via their own social media profiles, you may reach an even larger audience. Not only may social sharing bring your website to the notice of a completely new audience, but people are more inclined to pay attention to material that has been shared organically by a third party rather than by the person who generated it. If you make it simple for others to share your material, you may find that a significant portion of your website’s traffic originates from outside sources!
- As part of this segment, I’ll show you how to include these quick and simple social sharing buttons into your website by utilizing the Simple Share Buttons Adder.
- Depending on your needs, you may want to restrict these buttons to certain webpages or embed them in the midst of blog entries so that readers don’t have to scroll to the bottom of the page in order to share your information.
- This might be useful if you’ve made money from your website by opening an Amazon affiliate store, but you’d prefer people to share your website’s original content rather than things from Amazon.
- After we’ve finished with this simple row, I’ll go through some more options for displaying these buttons, such as embedding them into your text using a shortcode or changing them into a floating share bar.
- Simple Share Buttons Adderplugin may be found by searching for it and clicking onInstall Now when it appears.
- With the use of drag and drop, you can now construct a collection of all your favorite social media networks.
- You may use the sliders to limit the visibility of these buttons to particular types of content, such as Pages, Posts, and the Homepage.
- You will find several styling choices for your sharing buttons when you use Simple Share Buttons Adder, so be sure to click to expand theStylingsection and spend some time examining the various possibilities accessible to you.
- You may also wish to include a live counter at this point, which will reflect the number of times a certain piece of content has been shared on social media.
- When you’re satisfied with your settings, click the floppy-disc symbol to return to the vintage mode.
Your website will now display the social sharing buttons that you have selected. If you click on any of these buttons, a popup window will appear, which will provide all of the information you need to share this material on your preferred social networking site.
Embed Social Sharing Buttons Anywhere on Your Website
Alternatively, after your social sharing buttons have been configured, you may embed them in any area by utilizing the shortcode that has been produced automatically. By showing your sharing buttons directly after your site’s most appealing piece, you may, for example, encourage readers to share your blog article with their social networks. To include your social media sharing icons on any page of your website, follow these steps:
- Simply navigate to SettingsSimple Share Buttons in the WordPress left-hand menu. Continue reading until you reach theShortcodesection, and then click to enlarge it. A shortcode should be shown as a result of this. Copy the shortcode by clicking on the Copybutton that appears next to it. Using your browser, navigate to the page, post, or any other item where you want your sharing buttons to appear and open that item for modification
- Discover exactly where you want these buttons to appear on your website, then copy and paste the shortcode into this part
Your social sharing buttons will now show exactly where you indicated they would.
Create a Floating Sharing Bar
You may encourage people to share your material by making sure that your social sharing buttons are constantly visible and easily accessible to them. Using this plugin, it is easy to build a floating sharing bar that will follow visitors around the website as they scroll down. The following steps were taken to make this floating bar:
- Navigate toSettingsSocial Share Buttons and select the appropriate option. Select the Share Bartab from the drop-down menu. Navigate to theShare Barslider and move it into theOn position
You may now configure your share bar in the same manner that you configured your social sharing buttons in the beginning of this article.
The information presented in this lesson shows you how to encourage website users to follow you on all of the main social media networks and to share your material on their own social media accounts. A variety of methods in which you may edit the default social network buttons to match the design and feel of your website were also discussed, as was the ability to adjust the location of these symbols on your website. Do you have any methods or pointers for getting others to connect with you on social media that you could share?
Please share your thoughts in the comments box below!
The Best WordPress Themes and Plugins on Envato Market
On ThemeForest, you can browse thousands of the greatest WordPress themes ever produced. On CodeCanyon, you can find the most popular WordPress plugins. This list is a selection of the best-selling and up-and-coming WordPress themes and plugins available for 2020. Jessica Thornsby is a technical writer located in Sheffield who specializes in WordPress themes and plugins of exceptional quality. She is a writer that focuses on Android, Eclipse, Java, and anything and everything open source. She is the co-author of iWork: The Missing Manual and the author of Android UI Design, both of which are available on Amazon.
How to Add New Social Network Icon in the WordPress Dashboard
Is it your goal to incorporate social network symbols into your WordPress website? In the WordPress administration panel, there is no space for social media profiles. The WordPress navigation menus, on the other hand, may be readily customized to include and show social media icons. Using the WordPress Dashboard, we’ll show you how to add a new social network symbol to your website. Addition of icons to a menu provides the primary benefit of being able to rearrange the order in which they are shown through the use of a simple drag-and-drop interface.
What Are the Reasons to Add Social Network Icon in Menu?
Social media networks are extremely effective tools for expanding your company’s reach. The most effective technique to link your social media profiles to your WordPress website is to include social network icons in the WordPress menu system. However, why is it on the menu? As previously said, the user-friendly drag-and-drop WordPress administration panel may be customized to perform a variety of functions.
In addition, you may use third-party plugins to show social network icons in the sidebar of your website. Additionally, when you add social media icons to the WordPress menu, you have the option of placing them in any widget location on your site, such as the sidebar, footer, or other areas.
Adding Social Network Icon in WP Dashboard
- WordPress Dashboard may be accessed by logging in (Administration panel). Continue to the Appearancetab in the left-hand column. To access the submenu, select Menus from the drop-down menu. From the menus drop-down list, select the social menu that has to be changed. Custom Linkstab may be found in the left-hand column. Fill in the blank areas with the URL address and link text for your new link
- To include the link in the social icons menu, click on the Add to Menu option. You now understand how to include social media symbols on your website.
Remember that this lesson is based on the BeClinic Multipurpose Medical WordPress Theme, so pay close attention.
Super WP Plugins to Add Social Network Icons
WP Ultimate Socialis a strong social media plugin for the WordPress platform. For include social media icons, this is the ideal solution. The following are the primary characteristics:
- PNG social media icon sets, Font Awesome badges, and SVG badges are all available
- With 18 distinct social accounts to choose from, the social counter is diverse. placement of shares in many social networks and projects at the same time Drag-and-drop interface that is simple to use
- And more.
You may also integrate Twitter feeds, add Pinterest Pin-it buttons to photos, and even allow social networking login for WordPress with these plugins and themes.
AccessPress Social Pro
Compared to other social networking plugins for WordPress, this one is extremely well-balanced in terms of its approach to social sharing. AccessPress Social Pro comes with a slew of different styles and themes to choose from. The following are the primary characteristics:
- Various animation variants
- Customization of widgets and shortcodes is simple
- Social protection and membership are important. and much more
Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress is a fantastic resource that is well worth your time. It comes with a variety of important features, such as thorough analytics, among others. The following are the primary characteristics:
- 40+ prominent social networks
- 10+ various premium modules
- Several automatic triggers
- Email subscription forms
- And more are all available to customers.
WordPress Social Sidebar
40+ prominent social networks; 10+ various premium modules; several automatic triggers; email subscription forms; and more are all available to users.
- Color schemes
- Color and picture settings that are customized
- Support for social networking icon typefaces
- Various modes of communication
- And more
It is possible to install a sidebar automatically or manually, configure choices for mobile devices, and even add various sorts of links with this WordPress plugin. Exit Through Social Shareprovides just the most appropriate configuration options for the situation. All they can do is encourage new guests to share their experiences on social media. A social media symbol is now considered to be an essential component of every website. Adding it to the WordPress navigation menu, on the other hand, may be an issue for others, but not for you.
How to Add Social Media Icons in the Header?
In order to promote companies, social media is becoming an increasingly important aspect of the website. It is critical in increasing the number of followers on social media platforms. With the use of widgets, Astra makes it possible to include social media symbols in the header. You may personalize the social icon widget and attach it to the Astra header using any other plugin that you like. The following are the steps to add the widget to the primary header: 1. From within the WordPress admin, go to AppearanceCustomizeHeaderPrimary Menuand pick theLast Item in MenuWidget as your first option.
All widgets will be accessible from this section of the list.
Astra Widgets is the plugin that works the best with the theme and gives the quickest and most convenient method of adding widgets.
- Astra: Address
- Astra: List Icons
- Astra: Social Profiles
- Astra: Contact Information
If you require more widgets beyond those listed above, you can experiment with extra plugins such as — Here is a video that demonstrates how to include a WordPress widget in the header of the Astra theme —
How to Add Social Media Icons to WordPress with Menu Image
Are you seeking for a straightforward method of including social media symbols in your WordPress menus? If this is the case, I have the ideal plugin for the job: Menu Image. This plugin makes it simple to integrate any type of menu icon on your website, which includes social media icons, among other things.
These symbols have become a standard feature of practically any website at this time, and it would be a grave mistake not to have them on your site. To illustrate how to add social media symbols to WordPress menus using the Menu Image plugin, I’ll walk you through the process today.
What Are Social Icons?
Images linked with certain social media networks are referred to as social icons. For example, we are all familiar with the small blue bird that represents Twitter and the blue and white “f” that represents Facebook. As these symbols have grown synonymous with the real platform name, including them into your menus will assist visitors understand that they are there on your site. Moreover, they are significantly more visually appealing than merely putting the words Twitter or Facebook. These can also be useful for visitors who do not speak the same language as the host.
And the businesses want you to utilize their products.
A similar statement may be made about a variety of other social media networks.
In practice, though, the most difficult element is actually adding them to WordPress menus; nonetheless, the Menu Image plugin makes it a piece of cake.
Step 1: Installing Menu Image
Menu Image is only useful for one thing: it allows you to add images to your WordPress menus. The photographs may be added to your media collection and are available in a number of different sizes. The most notable menu sizes are the 2424, 3636, and 4848 sizes, which are all available. The great majority of websites should be compatible with these. The option to use the image’s original size, on the other hand, is accessible, allowing you to alter them to meet the demands of your website. As previously said, the icons may be inserted directly within the WordPress menu editor, so you should be familiar with where to look for them.
- Using the left-hand admin panel, navigate to Plugins and then click the Add New option.
- This will bring up a list of additional plugins that you might find useful.
- Installing the plugin is as simple as clicking on the “Install Now” button and activating it for usage.
- You have the option to participate or opt out completely.
Step 2: Picking Image Sizes
The plugin comes with three preset sizes for your menu icons, which you may customize. They include 24×24, 36×36, and 48×48. You can either leave them as-is or change the sizes to suit your needs. It is unlikely that these sizes will be insufficient for the vast majority of websites, but it never hurts to be prepared just in case. On the left-hand admin panel click on Menu Image and select the Menu Image option. To alter the image sizes, simply alter the values in the corresponding text boxes on the right.
Remember that if you have already uploaded an image after making a size change, you will need to either re-upload that image or make use of theRegenerate Thumbnailsplugin in order to obtain the newly sized image. When you’re finished, click on the “Save Changes” button to save your changes.
Step 3: Picking A Menu Location
All that’s needed is for you to actually include the social media icons in your menus. Using the Menu editor, this may be accomplished quickly and easily. Please keep in mind that if you already have a menu that you wish to include the social icons in, you can skip this step. On the left-hand admin panel, pick Appearance from the drop-down menu and then the Menu option. You should check to see that you have selected the correct menu location as your initial step. All of the themes have a varied amount of menu options accessible to them.
Select the Manage Locations option from the drop-down menu.
Using the Desktop Horizontal Menu as an example, but the procedure is identical for any other menu type you may choose.
Alternatively, you may choose an existing menu by selecting it from the drop-down box that corresponds to it.
Step 4: Adding Social Icons to Menus
The process of creating a menu in WordPress has been same since its inception. Adding photographs to your menu items is the only new function added by this plugin, and it can be found under the actual menu items themselves. First, you must give the menu a name and choose a place for it. Once you’ve completed this step, click on the “Create Menu” button. Any menu icon can have the symbol added to it; however, in our instance, we are only interested in social media icons. Select the Custom Links option from the drop-down menu.
- Note: You do not need to include link text while creating a menu item; however, it will automatically include “Menu Item” subsequently, so make sure to modify it before publishing.
- In this situation, I’ll utilize the official ones that you can access for free on Twitter, rather than creating my own.
- This will open the media library on your computer.
- There is also a button that says “Set Image on Hover.” You have the option of including a distinct colored picture that appears when a visitor places his or her mouse over it, although this is not required.
- Make careful to choose the suitable size (the ones from step 2), or else the result will be a sloppy appearance.
- You may repeat these steps as many times as necessary to create as many menu items as you wish.
You may now see the social symbol on your live pages if you are logged in. If the photographs do not appear to be the proper size, check the sizing. Using the Menu Image plugin, you’ve successfully integrated social media symbols into your WordPress menus.
Other Icon Suggestions
While social network symbols have become common, it is important to remember that you may include a range of different icons in your menus that are not linked to social media. In this way, visually challenged visitors may more easily locate what they are seeking for. A real house next to the Home menu option, for example, or a real cart next to the Cart menu item are examples of what you may do. These little icons have a really elegant appearance and will give your menus the extra flair they require to stand out.
Which social media icons did you include in your WordPress navigation menu?
Were any other symbols on the menu taken into consideration?