Creating a Landing Page in WordPress Step-by-Step
- Step 1: Install the SeedProd Plugin on Your Site.
- Step 2: Create a Landing Page with SeedProd.
- Step 3: Customize the Landing Page Template.
- Step 4: Connect Your Email Marketing Service.
- Step 5: Publish Your Landing Page.
- 1 How do I add a landing page template to WordPress?
- 2 How can I create a landing page?
- 3 How do I create a blank landing page in WordPress?
- 4 Where is the landing page in WordPress?
- 5 How do you set a page as your homepage in WordPress?
- 6 Can I create a landing page without a website?
- 7 How can I host a landing page for free?
- 8 What is the best landing page builder?
- 9 What is the difference between home page and landing page?
- 10 How to Create a Landing Page With WordPress
- 11 Add and Edit Landing Pages in WordPress
- 12 Just arrived
- 13 How to Create a Landing Page in WordPress
- 14 What is a Landing Page in WordPress?
- 15 Landing Page Basics
- 16 How to Create a Landing Page in WordPress
- 17 How to Build a Custom Landing Page in WordPress
- 18 Making the Most of Landing Pages
- 19 Plugins to Build a Landing Page in WordPress
- 20 Start Creating Your WordPress Landing Page Today
- 21 How to Create a Landing Page in WordPress
- 22 So what makes landing pages on WordPress special?
- 23 Method1: The obvious one – plugins
- 24 Method2: Drag and drop theme builders
- 25 Method3: LeadPages
- 26 Method4: LeadPages hacking
- 27 Method5: Manually built custom page template
- 28 Bonus: How to pimp your landing page on WordPress
- 29 Conclusion
- 30 How To Create A Landing Page On WordPress Without Any Code
- 31 What Is A Landing Page?
- 32 Types of Landing Pages
- 33 How to Create a Landing Page on WordPress Using Plugins
- 34 How to Create a Landing Page on WordPress Using Page Builders
- 35 Wrapping Up!
How do I add a landing page template to WordPress?
You need to click on the add button on the top right corner of the screen and switch to the Templates tab. Here, you’ll find several ready-made templates to choose from. Select ‘Landing Pages’ from the group drop-down menu and then choose a template that looks close to what you have in your mind.
How can I create a landing page?
Here’s a step-by-step checklist for how to create your landing page:
- Select a landing page template.
- Give your landing page a name.
- Add your unique content.
- Include striking images.
- Choose a relevant domain name.
- Make sure all your links and CTAs are working.
- Complete your meta description and SEO title.
How do I create a blank landing page in WordPress?
In your WordPress dashboard, go to the Page menu. Click Add a new page. Then, depending on your theme, a new WordPress page template will open with a Beaver builder tab above the text editor. Then, in the right sidebar of your WordPress page template, you’ll see a template option.
Where is the landing page in WordPress?
Customize Your Landing Page Under Pages in the left sidebar of your site dashboard, click the three dots next to your page, then click Edit. This will open the Editor, where you can add text, media, embeds, contact forms, or any other content for your landing page. You can also set a featured image here.
How do you set a page as your homepage in WordPress?
You can also do this from the Appearance >> Customizer >> Homepage Settings option.
- Click on Settings >> Reading in your admin dashboard.
- Set Your homepage displays to ‘A static page’
- Select the page you want to set as the Homepage from the dropdown.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Can I create a landing page without a website?
Landing pages are there to direct your traffic towards both your social media and website. Most importantly, landing pages are objective-driven. This allows you to drive sales, subscriptions, or any other goal. A landing page without a website is perfectly fine.
How can I host a landing page for free?
How to Host a Landing Page for Free?
- SIGN UP FOR A FREE LANDING PAGE HOSTING ACCOUNT. Create your free hosting account with AwardSpace. Doing so is easy and effortless.
- CREATE YOUR LANDING PAGE. Now that you have free hosting account for your landing page, you can create the latter and start optimizing you conversions.
What is the best landing page builder?
What Are the Best Landing Page Builders?
- Leadpages. The best option for budget-conscious entrepreneurs.
- Unbounce. Best for those looking for advanced landing page features.
- Instapage. The best option for beginners.
What is the difference between home page and landing page?
The fundamental difference between a landing page and homepage is, you design the two with completely different goals or purposes in mind: The homepage of your site sets the stage. A landing page allows visitors to accomplish a specific goal.
How to Create a Landing Page With WordPress
Is it important to you to have a customized landing page on your WordPress website? A landing page is a marketing page that has been optimized for conversion. It aids organizations in converting internet visitors into consumers and leads through several methods. In this article, we’ll show you how to quickly and easily create a landing page in WordPress using the WordPress editor. Here’s a short rundown of the topics we’ll be covering in this tutorial.
- What is a landing page and how do you create one? There is a distinction between a homepage and a landing page. The creation of a landing page in WordPress using the SeedProd plugin (Highly Recommended)
- Using Beaver Builder to create a landing page in WordPress is demonstrated. How to create a landing page in WordPress using the Divi theme
What is a Landing Page?
In what sense does the term “landing page” come from? A landing page is different from your home page. Constructing an information-rich landing page in WordPress using SeedProd, which is highly recommended. Using Beaver Builder to create a landing page in WordPress; With Divi, you can easily create a landing page in WordPress.
- It is possible to create a landing page for your sponsored advertising campaigns. A landing page for subscribers who have signed up for your email list, visitors who have found you through social media, and more
- Those who have arrived at a certain product or service page
- And many more.
As a result, let’s take a look at how to construct a gorgeous custom landing page in WordPress without the need for any CSS, HTML, or PHP experience. We’ve selected the top three WordPress plugins for making landing pages for your website. These landing page builders are simple to use, are designed for speed, and are reasonably priced for small companies. You have the option of selecting the solution that best meets your requirements. Ready? Starting with the first way, let’s get things moving along.
Method 1. Creating a WordPress Landing Page using SeedProd
This is the quickest and most straightforward way, and it is suggested for all users. SeedProd will be used for this particular strategy. In addition, it is the greatest WordPress landing page plugin available on the market, allowing you to design any form of landing page without the need for scripting. Besides being lightweight and speedy, SeedProd is also search engine optimized (SEO friendly). To begin, you must install and activate the SeedProdplugin on your computer. For further information, please refer to our step-by-step instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin (included).
- During the activation process, you will be prompted to enter your license key.
- To create a new landing page, navigate to theSeedProd » Pages page and click on the ‘Add New Landing Page’ option.
- There are hundreds of gorgeous landing page designs included with SeedProd, each of which is properly categorized for a certain campaign type.
- You’ll be asked to submit a title for your page as well as a URL for your page after that.
- The SeedProd page builder interface will be displayed once you click this button.
- When creating designs with SeedProd, blocks are the most important tool.
- You may also use columns to arrange blocks next to one another.
To move blocks up or down, you may drag and drop them on the screen.
A variety of well-known landing page design components are included with SeedProd, which you can simply drag & drop anywhere on your website.
Additionally, SeedProd has a feature called ‘Sections.’ These are some of the most prevalent design elements seen in landing pages.
SeedProd is also compatible with the WooCommerce shopping cart system.
WooCommerce blocks contain the add to cart button, the checkout page, the highlighted items page, the products grid, and many more features and functionality.
Constructing a connection between your landing pages and third-party tools You may include email list sign-up forms on your landing pages to encourage visitors to subscribe to your newsletter or enter their contact information, which will help you generate more leads.
Simply navigate to the ‘Connect’ option and pick your email service provider from the drop-down menu.
No worries, SeedProd integrates with Zapier, which serves as a connector between SeedProd and the more than 3000 other applications available on Zapier.
When you publish your landing page, it will automatically go live on your website.
Landing pages, upcoming product pages, geo-targeted ad campaigns, microsites, and more can all be created using your WordPress website and have their own domain names, allowing you to expand your online presence.
Simply navigate to the Page Settings tab and choose the ‘Custom Domain’ section from the drop-down menu.
For more information, please refer to our post on how to create a custom domain alias for your WordPress landing page for more information.
Method 2. Creating a Landing Page in WordPress using Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder is another another popular drag-and-drop WordPress page builder that you should check out. It enables you to quickly and simply construct a landing page by utilizing pre-made templates that can be customized using easy drag and drop tools. It is necessary to install and activate the Beaver Builderplugin as a first step. For further information, please refer to our step-by-step instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin (included). Upon activation, you must navigate toSettings » Beaver Builderpage in order to adjust the plugin’s parameters.
- This information may be found on the Beaver Builder website under your account settings tab.
- Beaver Builder is compatible with all of the most popular WordPress themes.
- Typically, these are large layouts without a sidebar or widgets to assist the user.
- For more information, visit our article on how to construct a full-width page in WordPress for more extensive steps.
- You are now ready to create a landing page for your website.
- Beaver Builder will launch with the landing page template from your theme as its starting point.
- You’ll discover a variety of ready-made templates to pick from in this section.
Beaver Builder will load the selected template into the preview window once you have made your selection.
You may edit the text, alter the background color or photos, and modify the width and height of the rows and columns as well as the font used.
Simply click on the add button and select the rows tab from the drop-down menu.
After you’ve finished creating a row, click on the modules tab.
Beaver builder includes all of the key modules, such as text, headers, CTA buttons, video, audio, an animated countdown timer, and more.
Once you are pleased with the design, you can save or publish your page by clicking on the ‘Done’ button at the top of the page.
You may now go to the page to see how your landing page is performing in real time. Please feel free to update it again if anything needs to be adjusted, added, or removed.
Method 3. Creating a Landing Page in WordPress using Divi
Drag and drop WordPress page builders are really popular right now. Beaver Builder is another such tool. Using pre-made templates that you can customize with easy drag and drop tools, you can quickly and easily construct a landing page. You must first install and activate the Beaver Builderplugin before proceeding. Please visit our step-by-step tutorial on how to install a WordPress plugin for further information on how to do this. In order to configure the plugin settings, you must first go toSettings » Beaver Builderpage after activating it.
- This information may be found on the Beaver Builder website under your account settings tab.
- WordPress themes of all kinds are compatible with Beaver Builder.
- A broad layout with no sidebar and no widgets is typical of this type of website design.
- Our article on how to construct a full width page in WordPress has more thorough instructions.
- Make a landing page now that you’ve completed the previous steps.
- It will open with the landing page template from your theme as the default.
- Several pre-made templates are available for you to pick from in this section.
The preview window will be loaded with the selected template as soon as you pick it in Beaver Builder.
The text may be edited as well as the background color and pictures, as well as the width and height of the rows and columns, among other things.
Select the rows tab after clicking on the plus sign (plus sign).
Toggle to the modules tab when you’ve finished adding rows.
It includes all of the main modules, such as text, headers, call-to-action buttons, video, audio, and an animated countdown timer, among others.
To see your landing page in action, you can now navigate to the page and view it in your browser. Please feel free to make any adjustments, additions, or deletions you see fit.
Add and Edit Landing Pages in WordPress
Landing pages and home pages are commonly mistaken, yet they are fundamentally different in terms of functionality. A landing page, like a home page, is loaded when a visitor navigates to your website’s primary address. However, although the home page may be thought of as the “front door” that allows visitors to access material on a bigger site, a landing page is a single page with a specific function, which is frequently referred to as a “call to action” on the site. This goal might be anything from getting your visitors to sign up for a service to urging them to purchase a product or join a mailing list.
In order to create a standalone landing page, you must first create a one-page site with a static home page, as shown further down.
Activate a Theme
Look through our collection of themes to discover one that will work well for your landing page. Activating a theme may be done by going toMy Site(s) Appearance Themes in any site’s dashboard or by visiting the Theme Showcase. Start with theBlank Canvas theme if you want to start with a clean slate, or use theone-page filter to see themes that are suitable for landing pages. Select Activate from the drop-down menu that appears to the right of the theme’s name after clicking the three dots. Section I: Table of Contents
Customize Your Landing Page
To select a solid option for your landing page, look through the themes we have available. A theme may be activated by going toMy Site(s) Appearance Themes in any site’s dashboard or by visiting theTheme Showcase. Start with theBlank Canvas theme if you want a completely blank site, or use theone-page filter to see themes that are best suited for landing pages. Select Activate from the drop-down menu that appears to the right of the theme’s name. The following are the contents of the table of contents
Our collection for the beginning of fall is now available. These patterns may be found by using the Block inserter (+ icon) in the upper left of the screen: All of these designs may be customized to include your own material. For example, you may delete blocks that you don’t like and replace them with others that you require, as well as adding more patterns if necessary. Check out how to add/remove blocks, as well as how to interact with blocks in general. Call-to-action buttons are extremely popular on landing pages since they encourage visitors to take action.
The subscription block is yet another really helpful block to consider for your landing page design.
Among the other elements you might want to consider for your landing page are the following: When you’ve finished adding all of your material, go back and double-check that everything is ready before clicking Update to make your changes live.
Set a Static Homepage
Following that, you’ll want to make this new page the default home page for your website. This may be accomplished by using theSite Customizer under Appearance Customize and selectingtheHomepage Settingstab. Select theA static pageoption, and then select your new page from theHomepagedrop-down menu to complete the process. The home page of your website will be displayed in the preview window if you have just picked a page from the drop-down menu. The following is the table of contents:
You should delete the pages and posts that you will not be using if you have activated a theme that provides placeholder material. A homepage is all that is required for your landing page. To access My Site(s) Pages, click here. More options are revealed by clicking on the three dots that appear next to each page. Select Trash from the drop-down menu. Always remember to keep your homepage to a single page! The emblem of a house indicates which page has been designated as your default home page.
Select Trash from the drop-down menu.
To remove your navigation menu, go to Appearance Customize Menus and choose Remove Navigation Menu.
More information on customizing and changing your menus may be found here.
Edit Your Site’s Look
You may also make changes to your site’s logo, site identity, and fonts with the Customizer. If your site was pre-loaded with widget sections, you may delete or change them in the Customizer’sWidgets section by selecting Delete or Edit. That’s all there is to it! You can continue to alter the appearance of your site and customize it, but your landing page is now complete!
How to Create a Landing Page in WordPress
WordPress websites have a huge potential audience since there are more than 4.66 billion Internet users globally as of January 2021 and more than 600,000 new users online every day in the last 12 months, thus there is a huge potential audience for your WordPress website. Nonetheless, to make the most of this Internet traffic trend, more than simply a well-designed WordPress site is required — you must find a method to attract users’ attention, persuade them to volunteer their contact information, and then generate and provide content that they are interested in.
Take a look at why landing pages are important, what they provide, how to design a landing page in WordPress, and what tools are available to assist speed the landing page process in more detail below.
What is a Landing Page in WordPress?
A WordPress landing page is a page that has been specifically designed to collect visitor contact information in return for special offers, frequent mailings, or resources such as eBooks and whitepapers, among other things.
Landing Page Basics
Many individuals confuse the homepage of a website with the landing page of the website. The homepage is the first page that visitors to your WordPress site view when they arrive. This page often provides information about your firm or business, such as your company name (if applicable), related photographs, and connections to other product pages or other material on your website, among other things. In contrast to your homepage, which is intended to draw users’ attention and encourage them to spend more time on your WordPress site, landing pages are intended to create business leads by collecting the information of visitors.
Despite this, they all have a basic feature set: form fields for collecting visitor information.
Others, on the other hand, want more specific information, such as a person’s name and phone number, in return for special deals or offers.
How to Create a Landing Page in WordPress
- A landing page is often confused with the homepage of a website. Visitors to your WordPress website will view the homepage as the first page they see when they arrive. Information about your firm or business, such as your company name (if applicable), related photographs, and connections to other product pages or material on your website, are often included on this page. In contrast to your homepage, which is intended to draw visitors’ attention and encourage them to spend more time on your WordPress site, landing pages are intended to create business leads by collecting visitors’ personal information. The following is an example of a typical homepage: Source of the image This is how a landing page seems in comparison: Source of the image The structure, layout, and design of landing pages vary based on the nature of your business and the resources that are made available to visitors to it. Still, they share a common feature set: form fields for collecting information from visitors to their websites. It’s entirely up to you what information is required
- Some websites only ask for emails to send newsletters or eBook links, while others ask for more detailed information. Those seeking more specific information such as a person’s name and phone number, on the other hand, may be offered special discounts or specials in return for this information.
You understand why landing pages are important — and what landing pages must have in order to effectively reach clients. However, how does one go about creating one with WordPress? You have a few of choices in this situation: By modifying and replacing important parts in an existing theme, you may make it serve as your landing page. You can also utilize a plugin to make the page-building process more efficient. You can design a landing page with WordPress if you have the necessary time and technical knowledge.
1. Select a theme.
Choose a theme fromMy SiteDesignThemesin your WordPress dashboard, or download and install a new theme from the WordPress Themes repository. Click on the three dots next to the theme’s name, and then click on the button that says “Activate.”
2. Remove unneeded content
Because you want your landing page to be as simple as possible, the next step is to remove any unnecessary articles and pages. Go to My SiteSitePages, then click on the three dots next to any page you don’t require and select Trash from the drop-down menu that appears. It makes no difference which page you choose to maintain. Source
3. Set a static homepage.
In order to keep things simple on your landing page, you should first remove any unnecessary articles or pages. Click on the three dots next to any page that you don’t require and then select Trash from the drop-down menu. Whatever page you want to stay on is OK. Source
4. Customize your page.
After clicking on the three dots, select Edit from the drop-down menu. You’ll be able to add text, graphics, contact forms, and call-to-action information to your page using the editor. Image courtesy of Shutterstock
5. Go live.
After you’ve published your page, make a link to it from your main WordPress site by clicking publish.
How to Build a Custom Landing Page in WordPress
- Create a child theme
- Write a style.css file
- Write a functions.php file
- And publish your work. Installing and activating your child theme is simple. Create a custom landing page. Imagery should be included. Create a unique header for your website
- Demonstrate your expertise
- CSS may be used to provide more style.
The option of digging further into the code and creating a more personalized design for your landing page is available to you. Is this a fair warning? To make this work, you’ll need basic HTML and CSS knowledge. Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting started:
1. Create a child theme.
The “parent theme” refers to the theme that is now active on your WordPress website. Creating a child theme is the first step in ensuring that any landing pages you develop do not have an unfavorable effect on this theme.
2. Create a style.css file.
The “parent theme” refers to the theme that is currently active on your WordPress installation. Creating a child theme is the first step in ensuring that any landing pages you develop do not have an unfavorable effect on the theme.
3. Build a functions.php file.
After that, you’ll need to start creating your PHP functions. Insert the following code into your child theme’s source code directory: ?php/ Parent Theme Styles /function theme enqueue styles?php/ Parent Theme Styles /function theme enqueue styles?php/ Parent Theme Styles /function theme enqueue styles () WP Enqueue Styles $parent style = ‘parent-style’;wp enqueue style($parent style, get template directory uri(). ‘/style.css’);wp enqueue style(‘child-style’,get stylesheet directory uri(). ‘/style.css’,array($parent style);wp enqueue style(‘child
4. Install and activate your child theme.
You must next construct the PHP functions that will be utilized. Insert the following code into your child theme’s source code folder. What is the function theme enqueue styles in php?php?php/Parent Theme Styles / / function theme enqueue styles in php?php?php?php=?php?php=?php?php=?php?php=?php/Parent Theme Styles () $parent style = ‘parent-style’;wp enqueue style($parent style, get template directory uri(). ‘/style.css’);wp enqueue style(‘child-style’,get stylesheet directory uri(). ‘/style.css’,array($parent style));wp enqueue style(‘child-style’,get style
5. Create a custom page.
Following the installation and activation of your child theme, it’s time to create a custom landing page. Create a new file called page-landing.php in your child theme and save it with the extension.php. After that, paste in the following code: ?php/**Template Name: Landing Page**/?php/**Template Name: Landing Page**/? In WordPress, go to the Add New Pagetab and click on the dropdownTemplatemenu, then click on Landing Page. Then press the Publish button. Image courtesy of Shutterstock When you preview the page, it will be completely blank — you will still need to add some PHP markup to make it functional.
6. Add images.
In your page-landing.php file, paste the following code to begin uploading images: ?php/*** Template Name: Landing Page*/?!DOCTYPE html html?php language attributes();?class=”no-js” head meta charset=”?php bloginfo(‘charset’);? ” head meta charset=”?php bloginfo(‘charset’);? ” head meta charset=”?php bloginfo(‘charset’);? ” viewport is identified by the meta name=”viewport.” content=”width=device-width, initial-scale=1″ width=”device-width” initial-scale=”1″ link rel=”profile” link rel=”noopener” link rel=”noopener” target=” blank” href=”?php wp head();?
/headbody?php body class();?style=”background:6FBB72 url(?php echo $src = the_ 50 percent of the time, 0 repaired! important;” It should display a huge background picture when you use this code; refresh your site to ensure it is operating properly.
7. Create a custom header.
You’ll need to create a custom header for your landing page now. In your page-landing.php file, after thebodytag.div id=”landing-page,” paste the following code. class=”hfeed site” title=”hfeed site” description=”hfeed site” div class=”site-branding”>div class=”site-branding”>div p class=”site-title aligncenter” align=”center” align=”center” a rel=”noopener”> a rel=”noopener”> target=” blank” href=”?php echo esc url(home url(‘/’));? ” rel=”home”?php bloginfo(‘name’);?/a/p /div! target=” blank” href=”?php echo esc url(home url(‘/’));?
Using the following code, you may remove any background color: .site Background color is transparent in this case.
8. Add more content.
Using this markup, include the remainder of your landing page content in your page-landing.php file, immediately after the!-.site-branding -line:div. class=”sidebar sidebar-bribe”?php class=”sidebar sidebar-bribe” if (have posts()):?php else if (have posts()):?php else if (have posts()):?php the post();?h1 class=”landing-title”?php the title(‘);?/h1?php mdl-cell-8 / primary – /div Your featured background picture, site title, and call-to-action should all be visible if you reload your landing page.
9. Add extra style with CSS.
In your page-landing.php file, add the remainder of your landing page content, including this markup, right after the!-.site-branding -line:div tag. “sidebar-bribe” class=”sidebar-bribe”?php When the condition (have posts()) is true, the following is true:?php When the condition (have posts()) is false, the following is true:?php the post();?h1 class=”landing-title”?php the title(‘);?/h1?php the content();?!—?php endwhile;?php endif;?!- mdl-cell-8 / primary div; /div Your featured background picture, site title, and call-to-action should all be visible when you refresh your landing page.
Making the Most of Landing Pages
In order to produce quantifiable leads on your WordPress site, you need use landing pages. You may analyze the effectiveness of your existing marketing plan and call-to-action by measuring the number of visitors who complete the landing page forms (CTA). Consider the scenario in which people repeatedly abandon your landing page without entering their contact information. In that instance, it’s possible that you’re not providing the appropriate resource or that you’re not properly communicating the value proposition of your company.
- The use of landing pages on your WordPress website might help you create quantifiable leads. You may analyze the effectiveness of your current marketing approach and call-to-action by analyzing how many visitors complete out landing page fields (CTA). Assume that visitors to your landing page are regularly leaving without submitting their contact information to you. This might be due to the fact that you are not providing the appropriate resource or that your business’s value proposition is not well articulated. To get the most out of your landing page, use these recommended practices.
The use of landing pages on your WordPress site might help you create measurable leads. You may analyze the effectiveness of your existing marketing approach and call-to-action by measuring how many visitors complete the landing page forms (CTA). Assume that visitors to your landing page are regularly leaving without entering their contact information.
In that instance, it’s possible that you’re not providing the appropriate resource or that you’re not properly communicating the value proposition of your company. To get the most out of your landing page, use these recommended practices:
Plugins to Build a Landing Page in WordPress
If you need assistance putting up your landing page, a WordPress plugin may be of assistance. Among the alternatives are:
Consider using a WordPress plugin to assist you in putting up your landing page. Examples of alternatives are as follows:
The cost is $99 per year. Using this plugin, you can do everything from create landing pages to create whole websites. Beaver Builder comes with a variety of pre-built layouts and allows you to put pictures and text precisely where you want them using a simple drag-and-drop interface. Due to the fact that it is compatible with various WordPress themes and plugins, Beaver Builder is also a wonderful tool for creating landing pages. Furthermore, you may use it to create whatever type of landing page you choose.
Annual fee of $99 Using this plugin, you can do everything from create landing pages to create whole sites. It features a variety of pre-built layouts and the ability to put pictures and text precisely where you want them with the use of a straightforward drag and drop interface. Due to the fact that it is compatible with various WordPress themes and plugins, Beaver Builder is also a wonderful tool for developing landing pages. Furthermore, you may use it to create whatever type of landing page you like using HTML.
The cost is $89 per month. Divi is a visual website builder for WordPress that is both powerful and easy to use. You may use the plugin to improve your landing page for conversions because it comes with a number of useful aspects. This plugin provides a comprehensive “what you see is what you get” (WYSIWYG) experience, allowing you to view what you’re constructing in real time as you make changes. Also available in Divi is the ability to go back through your whole design history in order to correct mistakes or restore previously created design templates.
Start Creating Your WordPress Landing Page Today
Landing pages that are well-designed can assist to catch visitor attention and convert them into customers. Clean, relevant, and content-rich landing pages can help you get the most out of your WordPress website. Note from the editor: This piece was initially published in February 2020 and has been updated to ensure it is as accurate as possible. Originally published at 7:00 a.m. on November 26, 2021, and updated on November 26, 2021.
How to Create a Landing Page in WordPress
It is possible to increase client conversions by using the proper landing page design. Use sleek, relevant, and content-heavy landing pages to help you get the most from your WordPress site. Please note that this piece was initially published in February 2020 and has been updated to ensure that it is as accurate as possible. first published at 7:00 a.m. on November 26, 2021; modified on November 26, 2021; published on November 26, 2021
So what makes landing pages on WordPress special?
If you want to persuade your visitors to do anything specific, you don’t necessarily need to use a landing page to accomplish this goal. You may do so from any type of page that can be created inside the WordPress platform, including the homepage of the website itself. As contrast to a traditional homepage, which is often constructed in a way that attempts to show a plethora of various objects and information, landing pages (when implemented effectively) will always produce superior results owing to their single-purpose nature.
The majority of WordPress landing pages, at least in the manner that they’re now handled, are really simple and straightforward.
Briefly stated, every feature that appears on a landing page should serve to emphasize the primary aim of the page (which is to compel the visitor to complete a certain action), and everything else should be removed.
Basically the parts that form a decent landing page in WordPress, as well as the elements that we’ll be concentrating on in this piece, are as follows:
- Of course, you don’t actually need something like a landing page to try to persuade your visitors to perform a certain activity. You may do so from any type of page that can be created inside the WordPress platform, including the site’s main page. In this case, the distinction is that a landing page (when done effectively) will always produce superior results owing to its single-purpose nature, as compared to a regular homepage, which is often created in a way that seeks to show a plethora of various items and information. It is the design, or, more properly, the lack thereof, of landing pages that is the most intriguing aspect of them. At least in terms of the way they’re now implemented, the majority of WordPress landing pages have a relatively simple design. It is common for them to be constructed wholly independently of the rest of the site and to keep only a small portion of the original design. A landing page’s primary aim (which is to compel a visitor to do a certain action) should be reinforced by every element that appears on it, and everything else should be removed from view. The factors that contribute to a successful landing page in WordPress, as well as the elements that will be discussed in this piece, are as follows:
Method1: The obvious one – plugins
Landing pages in WordPress are no exception to the rule these days, since there is a plugin for just about anything. The use of plugins is recommended if you want a quick approach to create landing pages in WordPress and don’t bother about optimizing the code right now. Having said that, there isn’t a lot of free things available on the internet. Sure, there are some plugins in the official directory, but you will quickly discover that they are either severely limited in terms of features or that there is almost nothing available for free, and that you must make some kind of in-plugin purchase (I guess that’s a thing now) in order to gain access to the actual features themselves.
It’s a simple plugin to use, and it includes all of the essential elements you’ll need to get started creating landing pages in WordPress.
You may also be interested in:
- Designers and WordPress users will benefit from 15+ excellent productivity tools that will help them be more productive in 2021. What the majority of web designers don’t understand about the WordPress Theme Hierarchy
- The following are 5 high-quality sketch alternatives for Windows in 2021:
Method2: Drag and drop theme builders
The main point of creating a landing page on a WordPress website is to differentiate it from the rest of the site’s pages. Nevertheless, the problem with the majority of WordPress themes is that they are quite restrictive in terms of what you can and cannot do with the design. To give you an example, any theme will allow you to insert whatever you want into the main content block of a page template. If, on the other hand, you wish to do something outside of this region, you’re out of luck. That is why some of the most advanced themes have included drag and drop builders that allow you to completely customize the look and feel of any page, and this level of customisation is made possible through a very user-friendly graphical user interface (GUI).
In a nutshell, the recommendation is that if you’re working on a site for which you know you’ll need to construct a number of landing page templates for WordPress in addition to the primary design, you should consider moving to a drag and drop builder entirely.
Construction of a landing page on a WordPress website is intended to distinguish it from the rest of the website’s pages. Nevertheless, the problem with the majority of WordPress themes is that they are quite restricted in terms of what you can and cannot do with the design. Consider the fact that every theme will allow you to insert whatever you want within the main content block of a page template. You will, however, be unsuccessful if you seek to engage in activities outside of this region.
Our previous article on drag and drop theme builders included a list of the twenty most popular options.
It will almost certainly speed up your task.
Method4: LeadPages hacking
Please bear with me for a bit. What I’m about to discuss is neither harmful nor unlawful in any way. It’s perfectly OK to use this strategy, and as far as I’m aware, the LeadPages team has nothing against it. Even with that caveat in mind, it’s not the most WordPress-friendly approach, and as a result, I’m primarily recommending it here as a temporary workaround that you should only use as a temporary workaround until you can implement a more manageable and functional solution. Here’s how it works: Every now and again, LeadPages publishes a new template as an HTML file that may be used on your website.
- The main drawback is that those landing pages are written entirely in HTML, which means they are not immediately compatible with WordPress.
- In order to deal with this.
- Begin by looking through this compilation of LeadPages templates and selecting one that you like.
- 4.Open the file and make the following changes:
- Please bear with me for a minute. What I’m going to discuss is neither harmful nor unlawful in the slightest degree. I believe it is perfectly OK to use this strategy, and the LeadPages team does not appear to have any issues with it. That being said, it is not the most WordPress-optimized solution, and as a result, I’m only discussing it here as a quick fix that you should only use as a temporary solution until you can incorporate a more manageable and useful solution into your WordPress site and blog. That being said, here’s how it works: The HTML download version of a new LeadPages template is released once a year. These templates are available for download from the official website and may be used in a variety of projects by anyone. The main drawback is that those landing pages are written entirely in HTML, which means they are not immediately WordPress-compatible. Therefore, we must make them WordPress-compatible before they can be used on the platform. How are you going to deal with it? Follow these steps: Begin by visiting this compilation of LeadPages templates and selecting one that appeals to you. 2.Look through the templates that are available and download the one that appears to be the best fit. (Note. In order to do so, you must opt-in. Extract the archive and rename the index.html file to something more descriptive like page-landing-template.php. 3. 4.Make the following changes to the file:
- Add the following code right before the closing/bodytag:?php wp footer()
5.Upload the template files to your FTP server and place them in the same folder as your current theme. (Note. Perhaps you’ve noticed that both the CSS and the JS files in the preceding example are hard-coded into the header of the page. This isn’t the greatest solution for WordPress and should be avoided at all costs when creating your own theme from the ground up. However, we’re working with what we’ve got from the LeadPages template and attempting to get this landing page up and running in WordPress as fast as possible, so we’re going to leave it as is for the time being.) You now have a LeadPages template that is compatible with the WordPress content management system.
Method5: Manually built custom page template
When it comes to WordPress, this is the most traditional method of getting things done that exists. For the most part, no matter what theme you’re using, you can always create a custom page template for it and do anything you want within that template. Note. The fourth method on this list consists essentially of building a custom page template and then inserting a standard LeadPages’ template into that template. The most straightforward method of manually creating a landing page in WordPress using a custom page template is to just download the defaultpage.phptemplate and experiment with its CSS/HTML layout.
In the case of the previous default WordPress theme – Twenty Fourteen – you can easily remove the default left-side sidebar, the header, the footer, and anything else by editing the theme files. What I’ve done here is the following:
- When it comes to WordPress, this is the most traditional technique you can use. Basically, no matter what theme you’re working with, you can always create a custom page template for it and do anything you want inside of it. Note. A custom page template is created, and then a regular LeadPages’ template is placed within it. Our is the fourth method on this list, and it is the most straightforward. Making use of the defaultpage.phptemplate and tinkering with its CSS/HTML structure is the most straightforward method of creating a landing page in WordPress manually using a custom page template. In the case of the previous default WordPress theme – Twenty Fourteen – you can easily remove the default left-side sidebar, the header, the footer, and anything else by editing the theme file. In this case, all I did was
Here’s what happens as a result: And here’s the code for the final files in case you were wondering. header the following code is in the file: -lp-example.php:!DOCTYPE HTML!-html class=”ie ie7″?php language attributes();? -!-html class=”ie ie8″?php language attributes();? -!-!-html?php language attributes();? -!-!-html?php language attributes();? – content=”width=device-width” the title is generated by the PHP function wp title(“|”, true, ‘right”). ?/titlelink rel=”profile” href=”link rel=”pingback” href=”?php bloginfo(‘pingback url’);?
div id=”page” class=”hfeed site” div id=”page” div id=”main” class=”site-main” page-lp-example.php:?php /* Template Name: LP Example */ get header(‘lp-example’);?php /* Template Name: LP Example */ get header(‘lp-example’);?php /* Template Name: LP Example */ get header(‘lp-example’);?php div id=”main-content” class=”main-content” div id=”main-content” div class=”primary” id=”primary” class=”content-area” div id=”content” class=”site-content” div id=”content” class=”site-content” role=”main”?php while (have posts()): This is the first post in the loop.
the post(); / Include the page content template in the post.
Bonus: How to pimp your landing page on WordPress
Despite the fact that landing pages should be kept as simple and as minimal as possible, there are some aspects that must stick out and provide the visitor with an evident call to action – things like buttons, links, and testimonials, for example. It is possible to build these items manually, either in Photoshop or using CSS/HTML, but there is a more expedient method available, and it is known as Shortcodes Ultimate. You can use it to access things like buttons (flat, 3D, multiple colors, and so on), animations, accordions, and a slew of other website features.
Additionally, there are several customization options, and the documentation is excellent (examples and stuff).
The creation of landing pages is definitely not something that WordPress was intended to enable natively, but this doesn’t turn out to be too much of an issue in the end. End of the day, a wide range of plugins and theme builders, as well as custom page templates and even third-party services such as LeadPages, making creating landing pages something that any developer can manage. What are your thoughts on this situation? When it comes to creating landing pages in WordPress, what is your favourite method?
Don’t forget to sign up for our crash course on how to make your WordPress site faster. If you make a few easy changes, you may cut your loading time by up to 50% or even up to 80%: WP Block Editor Demonstration: Create a Landing Page With WordPress Using The Block Editor
How To Create A Landing Page On WordPress Without Any Code
If you want to build your own website, a landing page is an excellent place to start. Consider it similar to an online flyer for your company, with the added bonus of being able to offer your product or service directly to a potential customer or obtaining their email address to add them to your email list as well. When it comes to creating landing pages with WordPress, you have a multitude of alternatives at hand. It is the purpose of this article to provide you with a step-by-step guidance on how to establish a landing page on a WordPress website.
What Is A Landing Page?
A landing page is a page on your website that is designed to convert visitors into leads. It may be found on any website. The goal of a landing page is to encourage visitors to take action on any promises made in your content. When a visitor becomes a client, this is the following step in the process. Providing contact information on your landing page helps you to close a transaction or give an exclusive offer in return for the visitor’s email address. Adding it to your marketing or advertising plan will be a terrific addition.
This form of marketing is essential for generating leads, contacting the right customers, and leading your whole marketing strategy.
Experts in marketing would almost certainly advise you to maintain a large number of landing pages, each of which is targeted at a particular segment of your customer base.
Types of Landing Pages
In website marketing terms, a landing page refers to a page that is specifically designed to convert visitors into leads. Creating a landing page serves the function of ensuring that any promises made in your content are followed through on. It’s the next step in the process of converting a visitor into a paying client. Providing contact information on your landing page helps you to close a transaction or provide an exclusive offer in exchange for the information you provide. Adding it to your marketing or advertising plan will be a terrific addition!
This form of marketing is essential for generating leads, reaching the appropriate clients, and leading your whole marketing strategy.
Most marketing experts would tell you to retain a large number of landing pages, each of which is targeted at a distinct segment of your consumer population.
It is important to note that a landing page is a page on your website that is designed to convert visitors into leads. The goal of a landing page is to encourage people to take action on any promises made in your content. When a visitor becomes a client, it is the following step in the process. If someone visits your landing page and provides their contact information, you may close the purchase or offer them a special discount. Adding it to any marketing or advertising plan is a smart move. A search engine optimized result, an email marketing effort, a social media campaign, or an online commercial may lead to the appearance of this page.
There’s no reason to limit yourself to just one landing page, or even just one landing page at a time, when you may have several landing pages.
Experts in marketing would almost certainly advise you to have a large number of landing pages, each of which is targeted at a particular segment of your customer base.
Long-form landing Page
Long-form landing pages, often known as sales letters in certain circles, are the internet marketing counterpart of television informationmercials. They emphasize on the product’s merits, reiterating them again and over until the reader is convinced that they must purchase the product being offered by the corporation. On the long-form landing page, the visitor is provided with a comprehensive explanation of the offer. The rest of the article may be found below. The longer time a visitor spends on this type of landing page, the greater the likelihood that they will become a customer.
Click-through landing page
The page contains sufficient information about the offer, with a particular emphasis on the advantages and a broad description of the product or service. This is a straightforward page that contains no off-page navigation. The single button on a click-through landing page is the one that directs the user to a page where they may complete a transaction. It is not necessary for a click-through landing page to be lengthy. However, it should include sufficient information to convince the visitor to make the purchase.
Product Details Page
There is usually a product information page on the main website of a corporation. Product or service information may be found on these pages, which provide all of the relevant facts. The product information may be studied thoroughly before making a purchase or contacting a sales person to learn more about the offer.
Video Landing Page
A video landing page may consist just of a video, or it may consist of a video plus some other material. The value of the product or service should be described in the film, and enthusiasm should be generated for it. It should only last a few minutes, but not for too long that the spectator feels tired with the presentation. Video landing pages should feature a title and a video, but they can also include other copy and graphics that are beneficial. They can be used for high-end items or material that is behind a paywall, among other things.
How to Create a Landing Page on WordPress Using Plugins
SeedProd is the best landing page plugin for WordPress, according to our research. It is really simple and quick to compose and set up your page in under a minute. Currently, more than 1 million website owners are use SeedProd to create high-converting landing pages. Among the various sorts of landing pages you may create are Coming Soon Pages, Sales Pages, Opt-In Page(s), Maintenance Mode Pages, Webinar Pages, Thank You Pages, and many more. The following are the steps to creating a landing page:
- Installing the SeedProd plugin on your PC is the first step. Then, on your WordPress website, upload and activate the SeedProd plugin
- After enabling the SeedProd plugin, you’ll be greeted with a welcome screen. Verification of the plugin is accomplished by entering your license key in the field given and clicking the Verify Key button. After clicking the button, you’ll be sent to the landing page dashboard, where you may follow the steps for establishing a landing page.
There are various different landing page modes, which are listed below: Coming Soon Mode – Create a coming soon page and keep the rest of your site unavailable to the general public until the page is completed. Maintenance Mode — Display a user-friendly notice telling users that your page is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance while hiding the update process.
Continue reading this article Below Login Page – Create a one-of-a-kind WordPress login page for visitors to your website. 404 Page — When a page link is broken, a custom 404 error page is shown.
- You can find a list of the many landing page modes, including: Create a “coming soon” page and make the rest of your site unavailable to the general public while you work on your project. Maintenance Mode — While concealing the update process, display a user-friendly notice telling visitors that your page is temporarily inaccessible due to maintenance work. Following is the remainder of the article Below WordPress Login Page – Create a one-of-a-kind WordPress login page for the visitors to your site. A custom 404 error page is shown on broken page links when they are detected.
- After choosing the Add New Landing Page button, you’ll be directed to a screen where you can choose a template to use for your landing page.
A variety of templates are offered for the following situations: Maintenance Mode; 404; Sales Page; Webinar; Thank You; eCommerce; Lead Pages; Login Pages; Coming Soon; and More to Come. Another option is to develop and design your own free landing page theme using the Blank Template and the visual editor.
- Let’s take the Newsletter Squeeze Page Template as an example for this demonstration. Using the tick icon, just hover your mouse over the template and push the button. You’ll be sent to a lightbox window where you can name your page and give it a custom URL. Click on the Save and Continue Editing the Page button to save your changes.
Following the completion of your new page construction, you will be presented with the visual drag and drop page builder. This is where you may make changes to the layout of your landing page as well as add your own content. Blocks and Sections are used to arrange the various types of information.
- In order to include them on your page, drag them from the left-hand panel onto the live page preview on the right-hand side. By clicking on each element that you add to your website, you will be able to see a variety of adjustment options. For example, by clicking on the Button block, you may access the Settings menu. Designing your own template is simple
- You may select from a number of colors, gradients, and outlines.
- You may also change the content, the size, and the orientation of the block. A easy procedure for customizing the color, font, and button can be found in the advanced block settings
- You may also incorporate social evidence on your page, which will help to generate a feeling of urgency. Each part of the advanced blocks may be changed to suit the user’s preferences. You may save your landing page by clicking the Save button in the upper right corner when you’re satisfied with its design.
- It is essential that your email marketing service be integrated.
The Integration of Your Email Marketing Service Is Essential
- Simply choose your email service provider in the list of integrations and click Connect
- To go to the next stage, select the Page Settings tab at the top of your screen. Your SEO and analytics settings, as well as your standard page settings, may all be modified from this page. Additional customization options are offered in the form of custom header, body, and footer scripts. Don’t forget to save your changes by hitting the Save button.
- This step is completed by selecting Page Settings in your browser’s top-right corner. Your SEO and analytics settings, as well as your normal page settings, may all be modified in this section. Additional customization options are offered in the form of customized header, body, and footer scripts. Remember to save your changes by clicking on the Save button when you have finished.
SeedProd can be obtained.
WPFormsis a fantastic WordPress plugin for building a dedicated form landing page for a form submission. In addition to all of the other wonderful things, you can use WPForms to create landing pages that convert like crazy for your visitors. The following are the steps to creating a landing page:
- WPForms is the first plugin you’ll need to install and activate, and it’s the most important. In the following step, we’ll create a new form, which will be a straightforward contact form for the purposes of illustration. While you’re in the drag and drop builder, you may add more fields to your form by dragging them from the left-hand panel to the right-hand panel
- Then, to make any changes, click on the field. You may also drag a form field to the left or right to rearrange the fields on your online form
- However, this is not recommended.
This plugin will allow you to generate a custom form landing page from your freshly created WordPress form using the information from the form. The rest of the article may be found below. Following the customization of your form to seem the way you want it to, you’ll have a wide range of alternatives to choose from. To begin, go to Settings » General and select General from the drop-down menu. You may make changes to the name, description, and copy of the submit button for your form from here.
- Notifications generated by forms Notifications are a great method to get notified via email anytime a form on your website is completed and submitted successfully.
- Confirmation forms are available.
- They let individuals know that their form has been received and processed, and they provide you the option to notify them about the following stages.
- To do so, browse to the Form Pages section of the form builder’s Settings » Form Pages menu and select the Enable Form Page Mode option.
- The title of the form and the message To begin, give your form a title that will be shown to visitors to your website.
- It also instructs them on what you would like them to do while they are present.
- This offers you with the option to include some more information so that visitors know what to anticipate when they complete out your online form.
- In the header, there is a logo.
- To upload a picture for use on your form landing page, click Upload Image and browse for the image you want to use.
- If you’d like, you may include some footer material at the bottom of your form landing page as well.
- Color Schemes and Personality The color scheme you pick will decide the background color of your form landing page, as well as the color of the form’s submit button, among other things.
As soon as you’ve finished customizing your form landing page, click the Preview Form Page button at the top to see how your form will seem once it’s live on the internet. To save your work when you’ve completed it to your satisfaction, click Save. WPForms may be obtained here.
How to Create a Landing Page on WordPress Using Page Builders
Among the most powerful and commonly used WordPress landing page plugins, Beaver Builder is one of the most popular. This well-known and dependable plugin allows you to construct a new landing page in just a few short minutes. The following are the steps to creating a landing page:
- The Plugin must be integrated, activated, and configured before it can function. Construct your landing page from the ground up
The Beaver Builder option will appear in the left-hand widget of your WordPress dashboard when you have completed the above steps. If you have reached this point, it means that you are ready to develop a landing page for your WordPress website.
- Navigate to the Page menu in your WordPress dashboard
- And Add a new page by clicking on the Add a new page button. A new WordPress page template with a Beaver builder tab above the text editor will then be shown, depending on your theme. A template choice will then appear in the right-hand sidebar of your WordPress page template. From the drop-down option, select full-width or page builder as your layout. Then, after you’re finished, click on the “Save” button. Create and design your landing page now is a good time to get started. Choose a landing page or a full-width template from the ‘Page Attributes’ box in the right-hand column, and then save your page to let the changes take effect. You’re ready to start working on your landing page. To access the Beaver Builder interface, use the ‘LaunchBeaver Builder’ button from the post editor’s toolbar.
The customization option allows you to make changes to the headline, text style, alignment, background color, and a variety of other elements.
- In order to add a new row to your landing page, the page builder element may be used to accomplish this quickly and easily. To access it, navigate to the top right corner of your landing page and look for the Add icon, which you can click to add a new row to your landing page.
You may also use music, video, text, and other features into your landing page design to make it more appealing.
- Simply click the completed button in the upper right corner after you’re through modifying. Then click on “Publish” and “Save Draft” to save your work.
GetBeaver Builder is a program that allows you to create beavers.
Elementori is a drag-and-drop WordPress page builder that is among the most user-friendly on the market. With Elementor’s free, feature-rich visual builder, you can quickly and easily construct a visually appealing website. See our Elementor Review for more information.
Steps to Create Landing Page
- Drag-and-drop WordPress page builders such as Elementori are among the most user-friendly options available. A beautiful website may be created using Elementor’s free, feature-rich visual builder. For further information, please see the Elementor Review.
- Select the gear icon in the lower left corner of the screen. Change the page layout to ElementorCanvas if you want to work on a blank landing page. Adding items to your landing pages is a good idea. By selecting the folder icon, you may create a template. Select the Blocks option from the drop-down menu
- Then click OK. Pick the various components that will make up your landing page from the choose dropdown menu to begin adding them to your landing page. As an illustration of a landing page layout, consider the following:
- Header — Only the site logo will be displayed here, located in the center of the page
- ‘Above the Fold’ is the portion of your website that your visitors view before they scroll down the page
- It is sometimes referred to as a ‘Hero’ section. Therefore, the most significant parts will be put in this location
- You may also personalize each section of your landing page
- For example,
Some instances of alterations include the following:
- Change the text of the title – Make an effort to match the terminology to the description of your own firm
- Change Image – Make an attempt to replace the images in the Portfolio section with photographs of your own
- Modify your color scheme — Choose three colors to work with and distribute them evenly over the page
- Make changes to the backgrounds – Replace the background picture in the hero section with one of your own
- A good rule of thumb is to preview the final product before publishing it to confirm that everything is in working order before publishing. Click the eye symbol in the bottom left panel of the screen to accomplish this. Then press the “Publish” button.
Leadpages allows you to construct landing pages that are hosted and published on your behalf by Leadpages on a custom domain that you provide. Aside from landing pages, you may incorporate additional conversion-oriented material such as pop-ups and alert bars into your WordPress site. The Leadpages platform may also be used to build whole websites, allowing you to quickly establish a presence for your current project on the internet.
Steps to Create Landing Page
- Navigate to Leadpages Add New from your WordPress dashboard. Make a decision on the type of page you want to build, and then choose your landing page. Choose a URL slug and, if applicable, decide whether or not you want to cache your page once it has been loaded. Even though caching might assist to speed up page load times, it can also make it harder to deliver changes to the main page of your WordPress-hosted website.
Simply said, that’s the whole story! You should now understand how to create a WordPress landing page. If you provide the URL or a link to your form landing page, people will be able to view and complete the form on your website. We hope you find this tutorial to be helpful in your learning about how to create a landing page on the WordPress platform. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries! Are you interested in learning more about WordPress? Become a subscriber to our Weekly WordPress Newsletter.
The email address entered is invalid.