You can use the WordPress editor to customize your site background.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Click Appearance from the Dashboard, located on the left side of the screen.
- Click Customize.
- Click Background Image, depending on your theme customization options.
- If there is already a background image, click Change Image.
- 1 How do I change the background in WordPress 2020?
- 2 How do I change the background image on my WordPress theme?
- 3 How do I add a background image to my WordPress homepage?
- 4 How do I put a background image on my WordPress header?
- 5 What is custom background WordPress?
- 6 How do I change the background image in WordPress CSS?
- 7 How do you add a background?
- 8 Custom Backgrounds
- 9 How to change background color in a WordPress website?
- 10 Different designs based on different uses of background colors
- 11 Different website types based on various background types you’ll select
- 12 How to change the background (color) on a WordPress website
- 13 Advanced Customizations for Website Background
- 14 Adjust the opacity/transparency of the background color
- 15 Apply Background Overlay for your Website Pages
- 16 Use Contrast Between Background and Text
- 17 How to Add a Background Image in WordPress
- 17.0.1 Video Tutorial
- 17.0.2 Method 1. Add a Background Image Using Your WordPress Theme Settings
- 17.0.3 Method 2. Add a Custom Background Image in WordPress Using a Plugin
- 17.0.4 Background Images for Posts, Pages, and Categories
- 17.0.5 Method 3. Add Background Images using CSS Hero
- 17.0.6 Method 4. Add Custom Background Images Anywhere in WordPress Using CSS Code
- 18 How to Change Background Color in WordPress (Beginner Guide)
- 18.0.1 Why Change the Background Color in WordPress?
- 18.0.2 Change Background Color using WordPress Theme Customizer
- 18.0.3 Change Background Color by Adding Custom CSS
- 18.0.4 Randomly Change Background Colors in WordPress
- 18.0.5 Change Background Color for Individual Posts
- 18.0.6 Use a Video in the Background
- 18.0.7 Create a Custom Landing Page
- 19 How to Change Site Backgrounds
- 20 1. Global Background Setting
- 21 How to Add Custom Background to WordPress Pages
- 22 How to Change Background Colors in WordPress
- 23 This might work
- 24 This definitely will work
- 25 How to change your background color
- 26 Start customizing your site
- 27 Changing background color of pages and posts
- 28 How to Add a Background Image in WordPress Theme
- 29 4 Steps to Change the Background Color of a Single Page in WordPress
- 30 How to Change the Background Color of a Single Page in WordPress
- 31 To change the background color of a single post is:
How do I change the background in WordPress 2020?
In This Article
- Click the Background link under the Appearances menu.
- To change the background color, type the hexadecimal color code in the Color text box.
- To use an image file for the background, upload an image from your computer.
- Change the display options for your new background image.
- Save your changes.
How do I change the background image on my WordPress theme?
To add a background image in WordPress theme, you’ll need to follow these 4 steps:
- Login to WordPress site with your credentials.
- Go to custom panel for background image settings.
- Add your new background image and edit settings.
- Publish the site to see your new background image.
How do I add a background image to my WordPress homepage?
Adding a background image in WordPress via Customize
- Go to Appearance -> Customize.
- Press the Select Image button to upload/choose the image for your background.
- After the image was uploaded, choose “Fill Screen” as Preset and “Center” as Image Position.
- Click the Save & Publish button and that’s it.
How do I put a background image on my WordPress header?
To set your global page header title background style you will want to log into WordPress and go to Appearance > Customize > General Theme Options > Page Header Title. From this panel you can select your desired style and you’ll want to choose “Background Image”.
What is custom background WordPress?
Custom Backgrounds is a theme feature in WordPress which allows theme developers to enable support for background color and image customization. If custom backgrounds support is enabled in a theme, then the users can upload their own background images to use with the theme, or select a background color.
How do I change the background image in WordPress CSS?
You can change the background for a category, or for the entire website, using the theme customizer. Navigate to it from your WordPress dashboard by clicking on Appearance>Customize. Once there, open the Additional CSS section. You will, of course, need to replace XXX with the URL of the image you would like to use.
How do you add a background?
Add a background picture
- Select the slide you want to add a background picture to.
- Select Design > Format Background.
- In the Format Background pane, select Picture or texture fill.
- Select File.
- In the Insert Picture dialog box, choose the picture you want to use and then select Insert.
What a difference a unique background image or color can make! WordPress.com offers a variety of themes that enable you to change the background of your site by uploading a picture or picking a color from a color palette. The following is a table of contents: Watch the video below for a fast explanation of how it works, then continue reading for more examples and configuration options. To begin, navigate to My Site Appearance Customize ColorsBackgrounds on the left-hand navigation bar. If your theme allows a custom background, you’ll see a rectangle that represents the picture or color you choose for your backdrop:
Setting a Background Image
You may choose a picture from your media library or upload a new one by clicking the rectangle and then clicking theSelect Imagebutton. After you’ve picked a picture, you may return to the main Colors section by selecting the Done button at the bottom of the screen. ↑ Section I: Table of Contents
Background Image Options
Immediately after you have chosen a background picture, the Options button will display. By selecting this button, you will be presented with a list of the many alternatives accessible to you: You may choose to have the background picture appear on the left side of the page (by default), the center of the page, or on the right side of the page. If the background picture is repeated, this option specifies whether or not it is repeated. The options are as follows, listed in alphabetical order: There will be no repetition: The background picture will appear only once on the page and will be hidden after that.
- Vertically Repeating Background Picture: The background image will only be repeated vertically.
- This setting decides whether you want the background picture to scroll with the text or if you want it to remain “fixed” in place when the user scrolls through the page.
- This feature allows you to modify the underlying color of your background, which is important for matching up the dominant color of your backdrop picture when you aren’t totally tiling your image.
- The following is the table of contents:
Setting a Background Color
Do you like to utilize a solid backdrop color rather than a picture as your background? Not an issue at all! It’s as simple as picking one from the color palette, or you may click on the Pick Your Own Colorlink located below the color palette to select a color of your own: Please keep in mind that if you currently have a background picture set, this will erase it. ↑ Section I: Table of Contents
Always remember to save any changes you make in the Customizer by clicking on theSavePublishbutton at the top of the page to ensure that they are implemented to your website. ↑ Section I: Table of Contents
Important Things to Note
- Depending on your browser, the background color or image may override any custom CSS you have developed that pertains to the background of the entire site. Some themes include pre-installed default background pictures as an integral element of their overall design. When you upload your own background picture or change the background color of a theme, these theme-supplied background photos are frequently removed from the site. In this way, your adaptations may be the focal point of attention.
Where to Find Cool Background Patterns and Textures
You may download and use these free background patterns and textures on your blog by visiting the websites listed below.
- Subtle Patterns
- Free stock background photos from Mysitemyway
- Squidfingers Patterns
Quick Tip – Backgrounds: Make use of your internal monologue (The Daily Post, March 19, 2014)
How to change background color in a WordPress website?
When it comes to web design, creating a beautiful backdrop for the pages of a website is essential. We’ll walk you through the process of changing the background color in WordPress. As a background, a website’s expressiveness may be enhanced, and the information can be more effectively highlighted.
Different designs based on different uses of background colors
You have the option to modify the color of:
- Different areas on a page, so that you may achieve symmetry and maintain color harmony throughout the website
Different website types based on various background types you’ll select
The style of backdrop you choose will influence, at least in part, the type of website you will wish to design and develop. As a result, for the backdrop of your website pages, you may use the following images:
- Color that is simple (you may modify the colors so that they complement the overall design)
- The use of gradients (you may alter gradients so that they blend in with the rest of the website design)
- Images (you have the option of displaying a full-screen image, repeating an image in the backdrop, centering it, and so on)
- • Videos (you may choose whether or not to include a video that you’ll upload from your device, or you can offer a link to an external video source)
If you are building the website in WordPress, you must choose a theme that has such functionality as part of the options package as part of the theme options. As a result, based on your website design requirements, you can use different backgrounds for different areas of your website, as well as separate pages completely. In the event that you pick your theme wisely, you will have the option of modifying the backdrop to your liking and in accordance with your website design requirements. As a result, you have the ability to change colors at any moment and switch to a new backdrop type whenever you like, if you believe that a different color, picture, gradient, or video is more appropriate.
How to change the background (color) on a WordPress website
We picked the themeMesmerize to demonstrate how you may customize the backdrop of WordPress websites. Because this theme includes many customization options for changing background colors, graphics, and gradients, we believe it is fair to use it as an example theme:
Go to Appearance -Background in the WordPress Dashboard to change the background color. When you click on Customize, you’ll be directed to a page where you may make most of the changes to your freshly established website. In the Customizer, you currently have the General Settings section open. Navigate to the Background Image. You may upload an image from your computer by following these steps: If you prefer abstract photos as a background, this is the place to look for all kinds of collections, ranging from backgrounds that are centered on a single hue (for example, yellow backgrounds) to 3D or textured backgrounds.
Go to General Settings -Colors -Background Color in the Customizer to change the background color. By clicking on Select Color, you may select the color of your choice and make adjustments to its properties (brightness, saturation, and shade). Following the selection of main and secondary colors, you may choose a backdrop color based on your preferences. The color scheme of the website, as well as the overall appearance of the website, may be customized by carefully selecting colors from this area of General Settings in the Customizer.
Advanced Customizations for Website Background
A decent theme will enable you to customize all color attributes, including: hue, saturation, and lightness. Once the color box has been selected, you must move the cursor to the precise color you desire while maintaining the right luminance, saturation, and shade values (as you can see in the image above). The quantity of white contained inside a color is referred to as its lightness or brightness. When it comes to color theory, brightness is referred to as the “value” of a color. The darkness of a color is represented by the shade of that color.
Color saturation refers to the amount of color that is present in a picture.
Please refer to this page for further information about colors and their constituents.
Adjust the opacity/transparency of the background color
Once the color box has been selected, you must move the cursor to the precise color you desire while maintaining the proper brightness, saturation, and shade values (as you can see in the image above). The quantity of white contained by a color is referred to as its lightness or brightness. When referring to a color’s “value,” brightness is referred to as its “value.” The darkness of a color is represented by the shade of the color chosen. Color and black are used to create this design. In a picture, color saturation relates to how intense the colors are.
This page provides further information about colors and their constituents.
Apply Background Overlay for your Website Pages
In Photoshop, an overlay is a semi-transparent color that is layered on top of the backdrop in order to create a pleasing visual effect. It has the ability to give a web page an exquisite, fashionable appearance, and it may make the difference between a stale design and a beautiful one. When using a theme that has numerous background options, you’ll have the ability to add an overlay on the background color or picture. If you don’t want an overlay, you may simply leave the option set to default (which means that the overlay is transparent to 100 percent, or that there is no overlay enabled for the page/page portion in question).
Use Contrast Between Background and Text
We demonstrated how to customize the background color of WordPress. Still, there’s one more consideration to bear in mind. In order for the information on a page to be legible, you must guarantee that the contrast between the content colors and the background colors is as high as possible. The contrast ratio is the best standard to use, and it has precise values to use. Web Content Accessibility Guidelines state that a minimum contrast ratio of 3:1 is necessary for text greater than 18 pixels in size.
How to Add a Background Image in WordPress
You might be interested in including a background picture on your WordPress website.
Background photos may be used to improve the appearance of your website by making it more engaging and visually appealing. In this post, we’ll teach you how to quickly and simply add a background picture to your WordPress site using the WordPress theme editor.
Subscribe to WPBeginner’s newsletter. To receive printed instructions, please continue reading the following paragraphs.
Method 1. Add a Background Image Using Your WordPress Theme Settings
Become a member of WPBeginner.com You can continue reading if you’d prefer printed instructions instead.
Method 2. Add a Custom Background Image in WordPress Using a Plugin
This strategy is far more adaptable. It is compatible with any WordPress theme and allows you to use numerous background pictures at the same time, if desired. You may also use multiple backgrounds for different sections of your WordPress site, such as separate posts, pages, categories, and other sections. It automatically expands all of your background photos to fill the entire screen and makes them mobile-responsive. This implies that your background picture will automatically shrink itself when seen on a smaller screen.
- For further information, please refer to our step-by-step instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin (included).
- to adjust the plugin’s configuration options After that, you will be asked to enter your license key.
- After that, you must click on the ‘Save Settings’ button in order for your changes to be saved.
- On the plugin’s settings page, go ahead and click on the ‘Add New Image’ option to upload a new image.
- To upload or pick a picture, click on the ‘Choose Image’ option in the toolbar.
- After that, you’ll need to give the image a descriptive name.
- Finally, you must decide where you want this image to be utilized as the backdrop page for your website or application.
- Don’t forget to click on the save picture option to save your chosen background image to your hard drive.
- The plugin will immediately start showing background pictures as a slideshow if you have specified more than one image to be used globally in the plugin settings.
- It is important to note that the time you put here is in milliseconds.
If you want a background picture to fade away after 20 seconds, you will need to put the number 20000 into the corresponding field. Don’t forget to click on the Save Settings button to save your changes when you’ve finished editing.
Background Images for Posts, Pages, and Categories
In comparison to the previous technique, this strategy is far more versatile. Any WordPress theme may be used with it, and it allows you to use numerous background pictures at the same time. Also available on your WordPress site are the ability to customize the backgrounds of individual posts, pages, categories, and other areas. Everything in your background images is made fully responsive and full-screen instantly. Your background image will automatically resize itself on smaller screens, which is great news!
- Please visit our step-by-step tutorial on how to install a WordPress plugin for further information on how to do this.
- This information may be found in the email you received after purchasing the plugin, as well as in your account on the plugin’s web page.
- The time has come for you to begin adding background pictures to your WordPress website.
- This will direct you to the screen where you may submit a background picture.
- Immediately after selecting the image, you will be able to get a live preview of the image on your computer screen in real time.
- It will be used internally, so you may use whatever you want for this name!
- In addition to setting photos as a global backdrop, you may pick from other portions of your website, such as categories, archives, the main or blog page, as well as different sections of your website’s navigation bar.
- By visiting theAppearance » Full Screen BG Image tab, you may upload as many photos as you wish.
- A new background picture will begin to fade in after a certain amount of time, which you can choose.
- It is important to note that the time you input is in milliseconds.
- Keep in mind to click on the Save Settings button to save your modifications.
Method 3. Add Background Images using CSS Hero
CSS Herois a WordPress plugin that enables you to make any changes to your theme without having to touch a single line of code in the process. Background photos may be quickly and easily added with a few easy actions. First and foremost, you must install and activate CSS Hero. As soon as you’ve completed this step, you may begin personalizing your website. Now, on your browser, navigate to your home page. The ‘Customize with CS SHero’ link will appear in youradmin bar as you log in. After you click on the link, the CSS Herooptions will appear on the screen.
- You can see what I mean in the screenshot below.
- When you click on this section, you will be able to select a backdrop from the links in the left sidebar.
- You may then select ‘Image’ from the drop-down menu.
- As soon as you click on the picture you wish to use, you’ll be presented with the option to “Apply Image.” After that, you may decide what size you want your image to be displayed at.
To ensure that it would span across the entire page, we picked the huge version. Click on the ‘Save and Publish’ button at the bottom of the page, and your background picture will be stored for your website.
Method 4. Add Custom Background Images Anywhere in WordPress Using CSS Code
WordPress by default adds a number of CSS classes to various HTML elements across your WordPress site to make it more visually appealing. Using these WordPress-generated CSS classes, you can simply add unique background pictures to individual articles, categories, author pages, and other pages on your website. Consider the following scenario: If you have a television-related category on your website, WordPress will automatically add these CSS classes to the body tag whenever someone visits the TV category page.
- Using the CSS class eithercategory-tvorcategory-4CSS, you may style only this category page in a different way.
- You’ll need to incorporate this custom CSS into your theme’s code.
- Individual articles and pages can also have their own unique backgrounds created.
- You may use the same CSS code as before; simply replace.category-tv with the CSS class that corresponds to the article.
- See also our comparison of the top drag-and-drop page builder plugins for WordPress, as well as our guide on how to develop a custom WordPress theme for more information (without any code).
- On top of that, you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- This means that if you click on one of our affiliate links, we may receive a fee.
- The Editorial Staff at WPBeginner is a group of WordPress specialists, lead by Syed Balkhi, who provides guidance and support.
How to Change Background Color in WordPress (Beginner Guide)
Is it important to you that your WordPress website’s background color be as simple as possible to change?
The backdrop color of your website has a significant impact on the style and branding of your website, as well as on the readability of your content. In this post, we will demonstrate how to quickly and simply alter the background color of your WordPress website.
Why Change the Background Color in WordPress?
You could be seeking for a quick and simple approach to alter the background color of your WordPress blog. It is crucial to consider the backdrop color of your website while creating a design and branding for your business. It also helps to make your content more legible. Changing the background color of your WordPress site is simple, as we shall demonstrate in this post.
- Background colors can be changed using the WordPress Customizer
- Background colors can be changed using custom CSS
- Background colors can be changed at random
- And background colors may be changed for individual posts. Use a video in the background to set the mood
- Create a Custom Landing Page for your business
Change Background Color using WordPress Theme Customizer
Depending on your theme, you may be able to customize the background color by navigating to theWordPress Theme Customizer and selecting the desired color. It allows you to make real-time changes to the appearance of your website without having to update any code. You can use the WordPress Theme Customizer by logging into your website and then selecting Appearance » Customize from the menu bar. When you click on this, the Theme Customizer will appear, where you’ll discover a variety of choices for customizing your theme.
- The particular choices offered will vary depending on which WordPress theme is being used on your website.
- To make changes to the background color of your website, go ahead and choose the ‘ColorsDark Mode’ settings option from the menu on the left side of your screen.
- You may choose a color for your backdrop by using the color picker tool or by entering a Hex color code.
- If you want to see the new background color in action, you may go to your website right now.
- In that scenario, one of the approaches listed below may be of assistance.
Change Background Color by Adding Custom CSS
Custom CSS may be used to modify the background color of your WordPress website. This can be done using the WordPress Theme Customizer or through the WordPress Admin Panel. To begin, navigate to Appearance » Customize and then click on the ‘Additional CSS’ button to the right. After that, you can input the code that follows: the body has the background color set to FFFFFF; All you have to do is swap out the background color code with the color code that you wish to use on your website, and you’re done.
Keep in mind to click the “Publish” button at the end of the process when you are finished.
For more information, please see our article on how to quickly and simply apply custom CSS to your WordPress site for more information.
Randomly Change Background Colors in WordPress
Are you seeking for a means to change the background color of your WordPress site on a whim right now? You may use a smooth background color change effect to seamlessly transition between multiple backdrop colors on your computer screen. The effect cycles through a number of different hues before arriving at the final color. You’ll need to add code to your WordPress website in order to get the desired effect. We’ll lead you through the steps in the section below. Finding the CSS class of the region where you’d like to apply the seamless background color change effect will be the first step you’ll need to do.
The only thing you have to do is move your mouse cursor over the region you want to alter the color of and right-click to pick the Inspect tool from the menu.
If we take a look at the snapshot above, we can see that we want to target the region with the CSS class “page-header.” A plain text editor, such as notepad, should be opened and a new file should be created on your computer after that.
Once you’ve completed this step, you may add the following code to the JS file that you previously created: jQuery(function($) $(‘.page-header’).each(function() var $this = $(this), colors =;setInterval(function() var color = colors.shift(); colors.push(color); $this.animate(, 2000);,4000); ); jQuery(function($) $(‘.page-header’).each(function() var $this = $(this), colors =;setInterval( If you look closely at the code, you’ll note that we utilized the ‘page-header’ CSS class since it’s the section on our website that we want to draw attention to.
- You’ll also see that we utilized the hex color code to create four different hues.
- The only thing you have to do is insert the color codes in the sample, separating them with the comma and single quotes, just as you did with the previous colors.
- FileZilla is the program we’ll be utilizing for this session.
- To begin, you’ll need to enter into the FTP server that hosts your website.
- As soon as you log in, you’ll notice a list of folders and files associated with your website in the ‘Remote site’ column of the dashboard.
- If your theme does not already have a js folder, you may create one by following these instructions.
- Following that, you’ll need to navigate to the location of your JS file, which should be under the ‘Local site’ column.
- For more information, please go to our guide on how to upload files to WordPress via FTP for more information.
- ‘/js/wpb-background-tutorial.js’, array(‘jquery-color’), ‘1.0.0’, true); wp enqueue script(‘wpb-background-tutorial’,get stylesheet directory uri().
For additional information, please visit our instruction on how to copy and paste snippets from the web into your WordPress site. You may now go to your website and see the randomly changing colors in action in the region you choose by clicking on the link provided.
Change Background Color for Individual Posts
In addition, you may use custom CSS to alter the background color of each individual blog post in WordPress, rather than having a single color throughout your website. Specific posts can have their design and backgrounds customized, and you can do so with this feature. If you want to alter the design of each post based on the writers, you may do so by using various background colors for your most commented posts. You may also customize the background color of articles that fall into a specific category.
Find the post ID class in your theme’s CSS, which is the first step in the process.
Consider the following as an illustration of what it would look like: article id=”post-104″ class=”post-104 post type-post status-publish format-standard hentry category-uncategorized” article id=”post-104″ category=”uncategorized” article id=”post-104″ Once you have your post ID, you may alter the background color of a specific post by modifying the custom CSS in the following manner.
- post-104 has the following colors: background-color: D7DEB5; color: FFFFFF; The WordPress Theme Customizer may be used to include custom CSS into your theme.
- Go back to your blog post and select the “Customize” option from its navigation bar at the top.
- After that, input the custom CSS and then press the ‘Publish’ button to save the changes.
- You can learn how to design each WordPress post differently by reading our in-depth article on how to alter the background color based on the author, comments, or category.
Use a Video in the Background
Using movies as the background of your website is a terrific approach to attract your visitors’ attention and boost their interaction with your brand. Using a WordPress plugin is the quickest and most straightforward method of including a movie in the background. For the sake of this tutorial, we’ll be using mb.YTPlayer to play background videos. YouTube Video Player is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to play YouTube videos in the background of your website. Premium version is also available, which removes the mb.YTPlayer watermark and adds more customization options to the program.
Detailed instructions may be found by reading our guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.
On the following page, you’ll need to enter the URL of your YouTube video and select whether or not to enable the background video.
You may pick between a static homepage and a blog index homepage, or you can use both options.
If you choose ‘All,’ you will also have the option of displaying the movie across your whole website. Go ahead and visit your website to check how the video backdrop looks in action once you’ve input the video URL and turned on the video background feature.
Create a Custom Landing Page
In WordPress, you can create unique landing pages that will help you generate leads and increase sales for your company. You have total control over the color and design of the page’s backdrop. Using SeedProd, you can easily develop a bespoke landing page that is both visually appealing and extremely engaging. It’s the greatest landing page plugin for WordPress, and it comes with a drag and drop page builder that makes it simple to design pages without having to alter code. The first thing you’ll need to do is install and activate SeedProd on your website, which will take a few minutes.
- We will be utilizing the SeedProd Proversion since it has more sophisticated features, templates, and customization possibilities than the standard edition.
- As soon as the plugin has been activated, you will be prompted to input your license key.
- After you’ve entered the key, click the ‘Verify Key’ button to confirm your entry.
- Following that, you’ll need to decide on a design for your landing page’s theme.
- You may also start with a blank template if you want to start from the beginning.
- When you choose a template, you’ll be prompted to provide a Page Name and select a URL for the page.
- You may use the drag and drop builder to insert blocks from the menu on the left side of the screen.
There are even more blocks beneath the Advanced section if you continue to scroll down.
By utilizing the drag and drop builder, you can easily rearrange each block on your landing page to your liking.
Any component of your landing page may have its background color changed by simply selecting it and clicking on it.
Don’t forget to click the ‘Save’ button at the top of the page after you’re finished customizing your landing page.
You may, for example, link to Constant Contact, SendinBlue, and other services.
You may use this section to alter the Page Status from Draft to Publish, which will allow you to publish your page.
Once you’re finished, you may close the SeedProd page builder and navigate to your customized landing page.
You may also be interested in our advice on how to select the best website builder, as well as our comparison of the top web design tools.
We encourage you to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more WordPress video tutorials if you enjoyed this post. On top of that, you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
How to Change Site Backgrounds
It is quite easy to change the backdrop of your website with Total, and you have the option of doing so both globally and on a per-page or per-post basis. When choosing the “Boxed” Style for your theme, backgrounds work best; if you use the full-width layout, your background will be seen through your content, which isn’t always a good thing, and will seem unprofessional in most circumstances. Learn Everything You Need to Know About Theme Layouts
1. Global Background Setting
You may quickly and simply change the backdrop of your computer by using the Customizer. Simply navigate to AppearanceCustomizeGeneral Theme OptionsSite Background and change the background image. When editing individual posts or pages, the built-in meta settings allow you to change the main background color as well as the background color of each individual post or page (custom fields). Simply navigate to the page or post you wish to edit, and you will see the page settings metabox below the editor (or somewhere else on the page depending on whether or not you have moved your modules around).
When editing your article, make sure to click “update” after making any changes in the “Page Settings” metabox, otherwise the changes will not take effect.
How to Add Custom Background to WordPress Pages
Do you want to add an extra layer of customisation to your website in order to make it stand out from the competition? If this is the case, you may want to think about creating a custom background for your WordPress sites. Every page will have a distinct vibe as a result of this. Adding a custom backdrop to your website is a straightforward process. Custom WordPress background pictures are supported natively by the majority of themes, and there are several options to pick from. There are two quick and simple ways to add custom backgrounds to your WordPress site, and both require very little time to master.
To illustrate how to build a custom background for WordPress sites using both approaches, I’ll walk you through the process today.
Why Use Custom Background for WordPress Pages
The explanation is straightforward: they improve the appearance of your website. The default WordPress themes are used by a large number of websites, however many people do not take the time to properly personalize these themes. Background pages may significantly help a new website stand out from more established websites by making it appear more professional in appearance. Of course, whether or not you appear better is a question of personal preference, so it’s critical to consider your target audience.
The majority of visitors that wind up in a category concerning cats are almost certainly cat lovers, and the design of your website may even earn you some new devoted clients as a result.
In any area, this concept may be utilized, and it can help you stand out from other websites that employ the same dull themes on every page.
How to Add Custom Background for WordPress Pages
To show how to install a custom background for WordPress pages, I’ll use two different approaches in today’s post. The first way involves utilizing your theme’s settings, while the second involves using the All-in-One Custom Backgrounds Liteplugin to create custom backgrounds for your site. To utilize the first option, you will need to install a theme on your WordPress website, which may or may not allow custom backgrounds, however the majority of themes do support custom backgrounds. Starting with the theme settings technique, let’s get started.
- Select Background Image from the drop-down menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You will want an image that has been stored on your PC.
- If you have already uploaded the image you wish to use, you may locate it in the Media Library.
- If you haven’t already, go to the Upload Files tab and then click on the “Select Files” option to begin the process.
- When you’ve found the image you want, click on the “Choose Image” button to begin the selection process.
- You’ll be able to see what the background picture looks like now that it’s loaded.
- Once you have made your choices, click on the “SavePublish” button to save and publish it.
Of course, you may be accustomed to finding solutions to all of your problems through the use of plugins, and adding a custom background picture to WordPress is no exception.
Simple Full Screen Background Image may be found by typing its name into the search box provided.
Scroll down until you locate the Simple Full Screen Background Image plugin, then click the “Install Now” button to install and activate the plugin so that you can start using it right away.
When you click on this, the plugin’s main settings page will be displayed.
You must pick your image in the same way that you did with the previous technique.
Locate the picture in the Media Library and click on the “Use Image” button to insert it into the document.
Congratulations, you have successfully added a custom background picture to your website using two different techniques.
If your theme allows for custom backgrounds, approach one may be the most appropriate. If this is not the case, utilizing a plugin will be the next best alternative. Regardless of the option you pick, you should have no trouble creating unique backgrounds for your websites.
Developers have requested website personalization as one of the most desired plugins among the thousands of available plugins. There are several plugins available to assist you in creating a custom backdrop for your website. Here are a few plugins that I can strongly suggest.
Full Background Manager
Full Backdrop Manager is a very simple plugin that allows you to customize your desktop background. A box will appear at the bottom of every page editor, which will allow you to insert text instead of a picture. If you choose, you may alter the backdrop color to a single solid color instead. In the event that this seems like something you’d be interested in undertaking, this plugin is for you.
Full Screen Background Images
Images for the Background of the Full Screen Not to be confused with Simple Full Screen Background Image, which is a different type of image. You may use it to create a slideshow as your backdrop image, which is something that is not available anywhere else. When you’re having trouble deciding on a background image, this might be really useful. and with this plugin, you won’t have to; you can add as many images as you like to the slideshow and have them all shown on your website.
Keep Your Website Innovative
Every day, thousands of new websites are launched, adding to the millions that are already in existence. It is necessary to maintain your website fresh and original in order to stand out in this sector, and this can be achieved by being creative. One method to stand out from the crowd is to simply change the preset themes that have been used numerous times before. Of course, being seen is important, but you must also ensure that you have quality information to support your position. If visitors arrive to a site that appears to be interesting but contains nothing, why should they return?
What factors played a role in your decision to choose a certain image as the backdrop of your website?
How to Change Background Colors in WordPress
So you’d want to make a change to the background color of your website. It shouldn’t be too difficult, but here’s the rub. Every theme has a unique HTML code that is used to construct the various elements on your site. This implies that you must be familiar with the theme in order to be able to alter it properly. Sometimes there isn’t a solution that works for everyone, but you may be in luck in this case.
This might work
In your Customizer, put this CSS into theAdditional CSSsection and click Save (AppearanceCustomize). the body has a backdrop of 05B0E7; This should result in a blue backdrop, and you can then alter the hexadecimal color code to whatever color you choose. If you want assistance in locating a hex code, you may make use of a code picker such as this. Because every theme is different, I cannot guarantee that the code will function, therefore here’s what I would suggest as a backup plan.
This definitely will work
First and foremost, I have a question: Is this the only modification you’d like to make to your vehicle? Alternatively, would it be desirable to be able to alter the size of the post titles as well as the color of the header?
If you’re looking to make a few little changes to your website, CSS Hero could be a good fit for you. CSS Herois the ideal tool for making visual adjustments to your website’s appearance. You can, for example, do the following:
- Change the backdrop colors
- Select new fonts
- Include background photos
- And more. Make any element’s space more or less generous
Add background pictures, change the color of the backdrop, select new fonts, and change the font family Make any element’s space more or less accommodating.
How to change your background color
CSS Hero provides you with a whole new experience for editing your website. A preview of the site may be found on the right side of the page. When you click on any element in the preview, the left side of the screen will fill with all of the modification choices that are accessible. CSS Hero is being utilized in conjunction with the freeShift theme. Nothing more complicated than selecting the Backdrop option in the left-hand menu bar after clicking on your website’s background. A color setting and a number of location options for backdrop photos are revealed when you select the Background option from the menu bar.
Even better is the fact that the color picker refreshes in real time as you move your cursor over it.
After then, your edits are made live on the site and are visible to anybody who visits it.
Start customizing your site
Using code, you can create adjustments like this if you know how to write CSS and identify appropriate selectors to utilize. Otherwise, you would most likely be unable to locate a copy/paste snippet online due to the fact that every theme is unique. CSS Herois a fantastic application that will save you a significant amount of time in certain situations. Apart from that, it is reassuring to know that you can always make style adjustments to whatever theme you pick in future. You can test out CSS Hero by clicking here, or you can read our guide to learn more about how it works.
Ben Sibley is the creator of Compete Themes, a company that specializes in WordPress theme design and development.
Changing background color of pages and posts
[email protected], You may accomplish this with the use of a third-party plugin. Please see the URL provided below-I hope the information provided above was useful. Greetings and best wishes, Manoj This plugin has been installed. It changes the background color on both sides of the screen, but not in the centre of the screen, where the content on a post or page remains untouched by the background color change. I’d want the white backdrop to be red, just like the margins of the image. Please see the attachment.
Greetings and best wishes, Manoj [email protected], Based on the page id, you may supply custom CSS for the primary content of the website.
page-id-278 div content background: red!important; div content div style You have the option of replacing the red color with a different one.
Please refer to the articles given below for a better understanding.
I hope the information provided above was useful. Greetings and best wishes, [email protected] Thank you so much for your assistance. Is it correct that if I have 30 pages, I must use this code 30 times? [email protected], Yes, it is something you can do. Greetings and best wishes, Manoj
How to Add a Background Image in WordPress Theme
On February 26, 2018, Waseem Abbas published an article. Is it possible to include a full-screen background image on your website? WordPress themes either feature a white backdrop or a preset photo in the background as their default. You may replace it with a custom picture to get more attention from visitors. It is our goal in this article to show you how to add a background picture to your WordPress theme. WordPress themes have an option to upload a new background photo by default, and this is the default setting.
In order to include a background picture in your WordPress theme, you’ll need to complete the following four steps:
- Step 1: Log in to your WordPress account using your credentials. Step 2: Navigate to the custom panel to configure the background picture. Step 3: Upload your new background image and make any necessary adjustments. In order to see your new background picture, you must first publish the site.
Are you prepared to begin? Let’s get started!
Step 1: Login to WordPress Site with Your Credentials
The first step is to enter into your WordPress account using your username and password in order to view the site.
Step 2: Go to Custom Panel for Background Image Settings
Upon logging in, you should navigate to Appearance » Customize in your WordPress administration back end. It will launch the WordPress theme customizer, which includes a live preview of the theme. You must navigate to theBackground Imagetab on the left-hand side of the screen. In WordPress, you may now choose or upload a new image to use as the background image for your theme.
Step 3: Add Your New Background Image and Edit Settings
It is necessary to click on theSelect Imagebutton in order to upload or pick a background picture for this webpage. It will bring up a pop-up window containing photos from your media library for you to see. Simply choose a picture from your past uploads or upload a new one to use as the backdrop. Click on theChoose Imagebutton once the picture has been picked, and it will be set as the new background image for your WordPress theme. After you’ve uploaded the background picture, you’ll be able to see a live preview of it on the right side of the screen.
Step 4: Publish the Site to See Your New Background Image
When you are through with all of the options, click on thePublishbutton in the custom panel to save your changes. It will preserve the background picture and make it available to visitors on the website. You have the ability to change the background image and its settings whenever you like. That’s all there is to it. We hope you have found this guide to be helpful in learning how to add a background picture to a WordPress theme. You might also be interested in our guides on how to align photos side by side in WordPress and how to learn about automatically renaming images in WordPress.
4 Steps to Change the Background Color of a Single Page in WordPress
As a WordPress site owner, it’s likely that you’ll find it beneficial to know how to alter the background color of a single page in WordPress. For example, you could wish to alter the background color of a certain WordPress category, such as Error Pages, from white to red.
Because so many individuals who manage WordPress sites rely on the base program and plugins, many people are under the impression that WordPress does not allow them to alter the background color of a certain page or category.
How to Change the Background Color of a Single Page in WordPress
Because the purpose of this post is to assist everyone in learning how to change the background color of a single page in WordPress, we’ll offer you a brief overview of everything you’ll need to know to get started. Don’t be concerned if you’ve never worked with HTML or CSS before, or if you’ve never learned how to alter the background color in HTML. Please see our hand-picked collection of books for developers if you wish to learn more about them.
- Every web page is built on the HyperTextMarkupLanguage (HTML), which is effectively the “foundation.” It informs you what should be on the page, but it does not tell you how it should be shown. StyleSheets (CSS) are files that instruct your WordPress pageshow how to display information
- They are also known as stylesheets. CSS may be used in three different ways:
- As a separate file that you may refer to from within your HTML documents. This is common for sites that demand a great deal of customization in their style. This file is commonly referred to as “styles.css.” As a collection of rules contained within your HTML file. CSS can be used between style/styletags
- Within a single HTML element, it can be used. P/ptags, for example, are used to denote the beginning and end of a paragraph. You can use the HTML property “style” to make your paragraph tags appear like this:p style=”color:red”/p style=”color:red”/p
Step 2: Beginning the Process
In order to proceed, you’ll need to enter into your WordPress Portal as an administrator first. Then you’ll need to create a new Page, which you can do by clicking here. As seen in the image below, you should be able to access the “Pages” menu item from the left-hand column of your Portal: Following that, you should be presented with a list of the Pages you’ve created. To create a new one for this lesson, click on the “Add New” button that we’ve placed inside a yellow box in the image above. After that, you should be sent to a blank page template.
As soon as you’ve finished entering some sample data, “Publish”the page by clicking the blue “Publish” button located in the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 3: How to Choose Your Color
Following the completion of our setup, it is time to alter the backdrop of our singlepage! You’re going to have to pick a hue for yourself. I know what you’re thinking: “so something bright like green, red, blue, or yellow?” I understand your confusion. And the answer is, unfortunately, no! (Sorry for being so direct!) There are a variety of methods for specifying the background color of your web page using HTML and CSS. You are not restricted to what we commonly refer to as “colors.” In WordPress, there are three basic ways to set the background color of a page:
- Make use of a CSS “alias.” Colors have a plethora of “aliases” in CSS. For example, every popular hue, such as “green,” “blue,” and “red,” may be referred to by its name, rather than by its number. CSS does not distinguish between upper and lower case alias names. This means that you could use any of the words “GrEeN,” “green,” or “green” and they would all imply the same thing! The fact is that there are hundreds of aliases that you would never suspect. For example, “Bisque,” “Chocolate,” and “Linen” are just a few of the 147 aliases that CSS makes available. Check visit this website for a comprehensive listing
- Making use of “hexadecimal colors.” Without getting too scientific, you could theoretically create 16.7 MILLION different colors by combining hexadecimal colors. For this, you’ll need to make use of a “color picker.” These colors, which are commonly referred to as “hex” for short, are probably the most effective approach to achieve a genuinely customized page color! If you’re looking for a color picker, this website is a fantastic resource
The screenshot above shows our color selector in action. The current hex color is circled in red in two different locations. An initial “base slider” that moves horizontally is followed by a square selection in which you may drag the circle to get that color just perfect. 3. Finally, the “RGB”technique is a more recent approach of selecting colors. It is an abbreviation that stands for “Red, Green, Blue,” and it refers to the quantity of red, green, and blue that is present. Each value has a maximum value of 255.
Of course, there are more approaches to choose a hue, but these three should suffice for the purposes of this lesson!
Step 4: How to Change the Color of a Single Page in WordPress
At this point, you should have your page all lined up with a certain color in mind. You’ll then need to visit the page that we created as an example and copy the “Page ID” that was generated. As we did earlier, go to the “Pages” option on the left-hand column menu and select the most recent page you just made. After you’ve clicked on it, take a look at the URL in your browser, which looks like this: It has to be in the formatpost= to work. In this particular instance, the number is “37.” While still on that page, hover your cursor over “Appearance” in the left-hand column menu, as indicated, and then click on “Customize” (see screenshot): After then, you’ll be sent to a new web page.
You will be able to modify the color of the HTML backdrop using this method.
You will now be presented with a page that has (most likely) an empty box of text.
The fact that your adjustments were unsuccessful does not imply that they were ineffective.
In order to alter the background color of a single page in WordPress, copy the following CSS code, which takes into consideration the Page ID (represented by “XX” below) that we looked at and the color (represented by “YYY” below) that you selected: body.page.page-id-XX We’re ready to launch after we’ve substituted your Page ID and color for theirs.
Following that, you may wish to double-check that the color has been successfully altered.
Styles are frequently cached, and “Additional CSS” styles may not appear if you’re still signed in, so keep this in mind.
As a result, navigate to the page where “XX” is the page ID you discovered before. So, for our example, we chose the alias “green,” and here’s what it looks like (please note that we do not endorse this particular design choice!):
To change the background color of a single post is:
The post ID is represented by the prefix.post-XXX.
.post-XXX h2:hover.post-XXX To summarize, there are simply a number of tasks that you need to do. Contrary to what some websites claim, you do not require a plugin to change the background color of a page! Using WordPress, you may customize the background color of a single page as follows:
- Create a new Page in WordPress by logging in. Make a note of the Page’s ID by visiting the URL in your browser window. Alternatively, you may choose a different background color for the Page. Select “Appearance -Customize” from the drop-down menu. Select “Additional CSS” from the drop-down menu. Use the Custom CSS syntax “body.page.page-id-NN
- ” to display the body of the page. The “Additional CSS” you just added should be published. Check the page again after logging out to check that the style was successfully applied
It is possible that the above content contains affiliate links, which help to fund the site. Inventive Sequence Website security is really important. It’s possible that when you hear the word “WordPress security,” you envision encrypting databases and taking action. In most businesses, large or small, a central phone number is provided for clients to contact with queries or to place orders, regardless of size. If you haven’t already, check out the Table of Contents. When you create a website for your company or organization, you must first create a domain name for the site.
A primary aim of any WordPress administrator is to increase the amount of traffic that his or her site receives from search engines.
When you’re done with the Table of Contents, You can generate a broad variety of documents using Google Docs, which is an amazingly versatile and simple-to-use tool.
The following is a table of contents: Your Mac is almost certainly one of your most valued and personal items.
You can make advantage of How to make the most of your company’s internet presence in 2021 and beyond The spread of social media, starting with its humble origins as a Table of Contents As you become older and more mature, you may become aware of how out of date some of your old social habits are.
The following is a table of contents: In the case of Facebook, it is a social networking site where anyone can easily register an account with no hassle.
If you own a business, having an Instagram account is essential.
One of the most popular has been Google Maps, a cloud-based program thatTable of Contents Email is one of the most widely used modes of communication, with more than four billion individuals having an email address in the globe.
Extending the functionality of your browser may be a fantastic way to improve your computer experience.
The following is a table of contents: Amazon is one of the most well-known online buying platforms in the world.
By exploring the Table of Contents, you will be able to purchase practically everything you can think of. Seeing a sticker, whether it’s a price tag, a decal, or something a youngster received at school and pasted on the window, is a pleasant experience.