You can use the WordPress editor to customize your site background.
- Sign in to WordPress.
- Click Appearance from the Dashboard, located on the left side of the screen.
- Click Customize.
- Click Background Image, depending on your theme customization options.
- If there is already a background image, click Change Image.
- 1 How do I change the background in WordPress 2020?
- 2 How do I change the background color on WordPress?
- 3 How do I put a background image on my WordPress header?
- 4 How do I change the background image on my WordPress theme?
- 5 How do I change the background of only one page in WordPress?
- 6 How do I change the background image in WordPress CSS?
- 7 How do I make my background image full screen in WordPress?
- 8 What is custom background WordPress?
- 9 How do you add a background?
- 10 How do I use advanced backgrounds in WordPress?
- 11 Custom Backgrounds
- 12 How to change background color in a WordPress website?
- 13 Different designs based on different uses of background colors
- 14 Different website types based on various background types you’ll select
- 15 How to change the background (color) on a WordPress website
- 16 Advanced Customizations for Website Background
- 17 Adjust the opacity/transparency of the background color
- 18 Apply Background Overlay for your Website Pages
- 19 Use Contrast Between Background and Text
- 20 How to Add a Background Image in WordPress
- 20.0.1 Video Tutorial
- 20.0.2 Method 1. Add a Background Image Using Your WordPress Theme Settings
- 20.0.3 Method 2. Add a Custom Background Image in WordPress Using a Plugin
- 20.0.4 Background Images for Posts, Pages, and Categories
- 20.0.5 Method 3. Add Background Images using CSS Hero
- 20.0.6 Method 4. Add Custom Background Images Anywhere in WordPress Using CSS Code
- 21 How to Change Site Backgrounds
- 22 1. Global Background Setting
- 23 How to Add Custom Background to WordPress Pages
- 24 How to Change Background Colors in WordPress
- 25 This might work
- 26 This definitely will work
- 27 How to change your background color
- 28 Start customizing your site
- 29 Changing background color of pages and posts
- 30 How to Add a Background Image in WordPress Theme
- 31 4 Steps to Change the Background Color of a Single Page in WordPress
- 32 How to Change the Background Color of a Single Page in WordPress
- 33 To change the background color of a single post is:
- 34 Adding a background to a specific page
- 35 How to Override the Background Color on a Post on WordPress
- 36 Set a Background Image for Your WordPress Website
- 37 Option 1. Add a Background Image With WordPress Theme Settings
- 38 Option 2. Add a Background Image Using WordPress Plugins
- 39 Option 3. Add Background Photos Using CSS
- 40 Pay Attention to the Image Size
- 41 Summary
How do I change the background in WordPress 2020?
In This Article
- Click the Background link under the Appearances menu.
- To change the background color, type the hexadecimal color code in the Color text box.
- To use an image file for the background, upload an image from your computer.
- Change the display options for your new background image.
- Save your changes.
How do I change the background color on WordPress?
In the Customizer, go to General Settings -> Colors -> Background Color. Click on Select Color to choose the color of your liking, and adjust its parameters (brightness, saturation, and shade).
How do I put a background image on my WordPress header?
To set your global page header title background style you will want to log into WordPress and go to Appearance > Customize > General Theme Options > Page Header Title. From this panel you can select your desired style and you’ll want to choose “Background Image”.
How do I change the background image on my WordPress theme?
To add a background image in WordPress theme, you’ll need to follow these 4 steps:
- Login to WordPress site with your credentials.
- Go to custom panel for background image settings.
- Add your new background image and edit settings.
- Publish the site to see your new background image.
How do I change the background of only one page in WordPress?
1. From the WordPress left dashboard menu, go to Pages and open the page you want to add a different background to. 2. In Post Options open Main tab and under Styles section, you can choose a Background Image or a Background Color for your page and set the properties.
How do I change the background image in WordPress CSS?
You can change the background for a category, or for the entire website, using the theme customizer. Navigate to it from your WordPress dashboard by clicking on Appearance>Customize. Once there, open the Additional CSS section. You will, of course, need to replace XXX with the URL of the image you would like to use.
How do I make my background image full screen in WordPress?
Apply a Full Screen Background Image
- Go to Appearance > Fullscreen BG Image.
- Click Choose Image.
- Either upload an image from your computer, or choose one from the WordPress Media Library.
- Once the image is uploaded, a confirmation screen will appear, allowing a preview of the image.
- Click Save Options.
What is custom background WordPress?
Custom Backgrounds is a theme feature in WordPress which allows theme developers to enable support for background color and image customization. If custom backgrounds support is enabled in a theme, then the users can upload their own background images to use with the theme, or select a background color.
How do you add a background?
Add a background picture
- Select the slide you want to add a background picture to.
- Select Design > Format Background.
- In the Format Background pane, select Picture or texture fill.
- Select File.
- In the Insert Picture dialog box, choose the picture you want to use and then select Insert.
How do I use advanced backgrounds in WordPress?
Create a Custom WordPress Background
- Step 1: Install and Activate the Plugin.
- Step 2: Access Background Settings.
- Step 3: Configure the Plugin Settings.
- Step 4: Add a New Page.
- Step 5: Add the Background (AWB) Block.
- Step 6: Select the Background Type.
- Step 7: View Your WordPress Background in Page Preview.
It is critical to keep on top of your WordPress maintenance and updates if you want to keep your site secure and compatible with new PHP versions. Care Plans are available fromWP Buffs that simplify these duties for you so that they are never a source of anxiety. Take a look at them now! Interested in sharing your thoughts and opinions or participating in the discussion? Comment on Twitter if you have anything to say.
Setting a Background Image
You may choose a picture from your media library or upload a new one by clicking the rectangle and then clicking theSelect Imagebutton. After you’ve picked a picture, you may return to the main Colors section by selecting the Done button at the bottom of the screen. ↑ Section I: Table of Contents
Background Image Options
Immediately after you have chosen a background image, the Options button will appear. By selecting this button, you will be presented with a list of the many alternatives accessible to you: You may choose to have the background picture appear on the left side of the page (by default), the center of the page, or on the right side of the page. If the background picture is repeated, this option specifies whether or not it is repeated. The options are as follows, listed in alphabetical order: There will be no repetition: The background picture will appear only once on the page and will be hidden after that.
- Vertically Repeating Background Picture: The background image will only be repeated vertically.
- This setting decides whether you want the background picture to scroll with the text or if you want it to remain “fixed” in place when the user scrolls through the page.
- This feature allows you to modify the underlying color of your background, which is important for matching up the dominant color of your backdrop picture when you aren’t totally tiling your image.
- The following is the table of contents:
Setting a Background Color
Do you prefer to use a solid background color rather than an image as your background? Not an issue at all! It’s as simple as picking one from the color palette, or you may click on the Pick Your Own Colorlink located below the color palette to select a color of your own: Please keep in mind that if you currently have a background picture set, this will erase it. ↑ Section I: Table of Contents
Always remember to save any changes you make in the Customizer by clicking on theSavePublishbutton at the top of the page to ensure that they are implemented to your website. ↑ Section I: Table of Contents
Important Things to Note
- Depending on your browser, the background color or image may override any custom CSS you have developed that pertains to the background of the entire site. Some themes include pre-installed default background pictures as an integral element of their overall design. When you upload your own background picture or change the background color of a theme, these theme-supplied background photos are frequently removed from the site. In this way, your customizations can be the focal point of attention.
Where to Find Cool Background Patterns and Textures
You can download and use these free background patterns and textures on your blog by visiting the websites listed below.
- You may download and use these free background patterns and textures on your blog by visiting the websites linked below.
You may download and use the free background patterns and textures provided by the websites listed below on your blog.
How to change background color in a WordPress website?
When it comes to web design, creating a beautiful background for the pages of a website is essential. We’ll walk you through the process of changing the background color in WordPress. As a background, a website’s expressiveness may be enhanced, and the information can be more effectively highlighted.
Different designs based on different uses of background colors
You have the option to modify the color of:
- Different areas on a page, so that you may achieve symmetry and maintain color harmony throughout the website
Different website types based on various background types you’ll select
The type of background you choose will influence, at least in part, the type of website you will want to design and develop. As a result, for the background of your website pages, you can use the following images:
- Color that is simple (you may modify the colors so that they complement the overall design)
- The use of gradients (you may alter gradients so that they blend in with the rest of the website design)
- Images (you have the option of displaying a full-screen image, repeating an image in the backdrop, centering it, and so on)
- • Videos (you may choose whether or not to include a video that you’ll upload from your device, or you can offer a link to an external video source)
If you are building the website in WordPress, you must choose a theme that has such functionality as part of the options package as part of the theme options. As a result, based on your website design requirements, you can use different backgrounds for different areas of your website, as well as separate pages completely. In the event that you choose your theme carefully, you will have the option of customizing the background to your liking and in accordance with your website design guidelines.
How to change the background (color) on a WordPress website
We chose the themeMesmerize to demonstrate how you can customize the background of WordPress websites. Because this theme has extensive customization options for changing background colors, images, and gradients, we believe it is appropriate to use it as an example theme:
Go to Appearance -Background in the WordPress Dashboard to change the background color. When you click on Customize, you’ll be directed to a page where you may make most of the changes to your freshly established website. In the Customizer, you currently have the General Settings section open. Navigate to the Background Image. You may upload an image from your computer by following these steps: If you prefer abstract photos as a background, this is the place to look for all kinds of collections, ranging from backgrounds that are centered on a single hue (for example, yellow backgrounds) to 3D or textured backgrounds.
Go to General Settings -Colors -Background Color in the Customizer to change the background color. By clicking on Select Color, you may select the color of your choice and make adjustments to its properties (brightness, saturation, and shade). Following the selection of main and secondary colors, you may choose a backdrop color based on your preferences. The color scheme of the website, as well as the overall appearance of the website, may be customized by carefully selecting colors from this area of General Settings in the Customizer.
Advanced Customizations for Website Background
A decent theme will enable you to customize all color attributes, including: hue, saturation, and lightness. Once the color box has been selected, you must move the cursor to the precise color you desire while maintaining the right luminance, saturation, and shade values (as you can see in the image above). The quantity of white contained inside a color is referred to as its lightness or brightness. When it comes to color theory, brightness is referred to as the “value” of a color. The darkness of a color is represented by the shade of that color.
Color saturation refers to the amount of color that is present in a picture. It is a measure of the amount of light that may be emitted from a source in a certain amount of time. Please refer to this page for further information about colors and their constituents.
Adjust the opacity/transparency of the background color
If you’ve selected a theme with a lot of features, you’ll be able to customize the opacity and transparency of the background color. With the color slider, you may choose whether you want a more transparent or more opaquer color by selecting a value on the slider that corresponds to the color you have chosen. You can make changes to the way the text contained inside the section is presented from this point. Set the contrast between the content of a section and the backdrop on which it is put using the slider’s values to achieve the best possible result.
Apply Background Overlay for your Website Pages
The opacity and transparency of the background color will be adjustable if you use a theme with a lot of features. With the color slider, you may choose whether you want a more transparent or more opaquer color by selecting a value on the slider that corresponds to the color you want. This is where you may change the appearance of any text that is contained in the section. Set the contrast between the content of a section and the background on which it is placed using the slider’s values to achieve the best possible contrast.
Use Contrast Between Background and Text
We demonstrated how to customize the background color of WordPress. Still, there’s one more consideration to bear in mind. In order for the information on a page to be legible, you must guarantee that the contrast between the content colors and the background colors is as high as possible. The contrast ratio is the best standard to use, and it has precise values to use. Web Content Accessibility Guidelines state that a minimum contrast ratio of 3:1 is necessary for text greater than 18 pixels in size.
How to Add a Background Image in WordPress
You might be interested in including a background picture on your WordPress website. Background photos may be used to improve the appearance of your website by making it more engaging and visually appealing. In this post, we’ll teach you how to quickly and simply add a background picture to your WordPress site using the WordPress theme editor.
Interested in including a background picture on your WordPress website? It is possible to employ background photos to improve the appearance of your website by making it more engaging and visually appealing. Using the instructions in this post, we will demonstrate how to quickly and simply add a background picture to your WordPress website.
Method 1. Add a Background Image Using Your WordPress Theme Settings
The majority of popular WordPress themes have custom background support. This tool allows you to quickly and simply add a background picture to your WordPress site or alter the background color of your WordPress site. Using this approach to add a background picture to your WordPress site is recommended if your theme supports the custom background function. If your theme does not support the custom background feature, we advocate using another method. The other alternatives discussed in our guide can be used instead of this feature if your theme does not support it or if you do not like how your theme implements background images for whatever reason.
- When you click on this, the WordPress theme customizer will open, allowing you to make changes to your theme while simultaneously viewing a live preview of your website.
- The panel will glide into view and provide you with the choice to upload or pick a background picture for your website’s appearance.
- Using this method, you will be able to upload a picture from your computer to WordPress using the WordPress media uploader pop-up.
- After you’ve uploaded or selected the picture you wish to use as your backdrop, you’ll need to click on the Select image option to proceed.
- You will also be able to see the many backdrop image selections just below the image.
- You may also change the location of the background picture by clicking on the arrows to the right.
Don’t forget to click on the ‘SavePublish’ button at the top of the page to save your preferences. The process of adding a background picture to your WordPress website is now complete. Feel free to look around on your website to see how it works.
Method 2. Add a Custom Background Image in WordPress Using a Plugin
A custom backdrop may be added to the majority of popular WordPress themes. Setting a background image for your WordPress site or changing the background color is made simple with this feature. The custom background feature of your theme is recommended for adding a background image to your WordPress site. If your theme does not support the custom background feature, we recommend that you use the standard background image method. The other options mentioned in our tutorial can be used instead of this feature if your theme does not support it or if you do not like how it implements background images.
- When you click on this, the WordPress theme customizer will open, allowing you to make changes to your theme while viewing a live preview of your site.
- The panel will glide into view and provide you with the opportunity to upload or pick a background picture for your website’s homepage.
- Using this method, you will be able to upload a picture from your computer to the WordPress media uploader pop-up window.
- Afterwards, after uploading or picking the picture you wish to use as your backdrop, you must click on the Select image button.
- Also available for viewing are other backdrop picture selections, which are located beneath the photograph.
- Fill screen is the default setting.
- The picture will be aligned to the middle of the screen if you click on the center button on your keyboard.
- The process of adding a background image to your WordPress website is now complete!
Background Images for Posts, Pages, and Categories
The vast majority of popular WordPress themes provide custom background support. This tool allows you to quickly and simply add a background picture to your WordPress site or alter the background color of your WordPress website. Using this approach to add a background picture to your WordPress site is recommended if your theme supports the custom background function. The other choices listed in our guide can be used instead of this feature if your theme does not support it or if you do not like how it implements background images.
- When you click on this, the WordPress theme customizer will open, allowing you to make changes to your theme while viewing a live preview of your website.
- Slide in the panel to see the choices for uploading or selecting a background picture for your website.
- Using this method, you will be able to upload a picture from your computer to WordPress using the WordPress media uploader pop-up.
- After you have uploaded or selected the image you wish to use as a backdrop, you must next click on the Select image button.
- You will also be able to see the many backdrop image selections just beneath the photograph.
- By using the arrows to the right of the background picture, you may also change its location.
Keep in mind to click on the ‘SavePublish’ button at the top of the page to save your changes. The process of adding a background picture to your WordPress website is complete. Go ahead and check out your website to see how it works.
Method 3. Add Background Images using CSS Hero
CSS Herois a WordPress plugin that enables you to make any changes to your theme without having to touch a single line of code in the process. Background images can be quickly and easily added with a few simple steps. First and foremost, you must install and activate CSS Hero. As soon as you’ve completed this step, you can begin customizing your website. Now, in your browser, navigate to your home page. The ‘Customize with CS SHero’ link will appear in youradmin bar as you log in. After you click on that link, the CSS Herooptions will appear on the screen.
- You can see what I mean in the screenshot below.
- When you click on this section, you will be able to select a backdrop from the links in the left sidebar.
- You may then select ‘Image’ from the drop-down menu.
- As soon as you click on the image you want to use, you’ll be presented with the option to “Apply Image.” After that, you may decide what size you want your image to be displayed at.
- Click on the ‘Save and Publish’ button at the bottom of the page, and your background picture will be stored for your website.
Method 4. Add Custom Background Images Anywhere in WordPress Using CSS Code
WordPress by default adds a number of CSS classes to various HTML elements throughout your WordPress site to make it more visually appealing. Using these WordPress-generated CSS classes, you can simply add unique background pictures to individual articles, categories, author pages, and other pages on your website. Consider the following scenario: If you have a television-related category on your website, WordPress will automatically add these CSS classes to the body tag whenever someone visits the TV category page.
- Using the CSS class eithercategory-tvorcategory-4CSS, you may style only this category page in a different way.
- You’ll need to incorporate this custom CSS into your theme’s code.
- Individual articles and pages can also have their own unique backgrounds created.
- You may use the same CSS code as before; simply replace.category-tv with the CSS class that corresponds to the article.
- See also our comparison of the best drag-and-drop page builder plugins for WordPress, as well as our tutorial on how to create a custom WordPress theme for more information (without any code).
- On top of that, you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- This means that if you click on one of our affiliate links, we may receive a fee.
See how WPBeginner is supported, why it is important, and how you can help us by donating. The Editorial Staff at WPBeginner is a group of WordPress specialists, lead by Syed Balkhi, who provides guidance and support. Over 1.3 million readers around the world put their trust in us.
How to Change Site Backgrounds
The process of changing your background in Total is simple, and you can do so both globally and on a per-page or per-post basis.Important: Backgrounds work best when your theme is set to “Boxed” Layout; if you use the “Full-Width” Layout, your background will be visible through your content, which will not look good.Learn More About Theme Layouts.
1. Global Background Setting
You may quickly and simply change the backdrop of your computer by using the Customizer. Simply navigate to AppearanceCustomizeGeneral Theme OptionsSite Background and change the background image. When editing individual posts or pages, the built-in meta options allow you to change the main background color as well as the background color of each individual post or page (custom fields). Simply navigate to the page or post you wish to edit, and you will see the page settings metabox below the editor (or somewhere else on the page depending on whether or not you have moved your modules around).
When editing your article, make sure to click “update” after making any changes in the “Page Settings” metabox, otherwise the changes will not take effect.
How to Add Custom Background to WordPress Pages
Do you want to add an extra layer of customisation to your website in order to make it stand out from the competition? If this is the case, you may want to think about creating a custom background for your WordPress pages. Every page will have a distinct vibe as a result of this. Adding a custom background to your website is a straightforward process. Custom WordPress background pictures are supported natively by the majority of themes, and there are several options to pick from. There are two quick and simple ways to add custom backgrounds to your WordPress site, and both require very little time to master.
To demonstrate how to add a custom background for WordPress pages using both methods, I’ll walk you through the process today.
Why Use Custom Background for WordPress Pages
The explanation is straightforward: they improve the appearance of your website. The default WordPress themes are used by a large number of websites, however many people do not take the time to properly personalize these themes. Background pages may significantly help a new website stand out from more established websites by making it appear more professional in appearance. Of course, whether or not you appear better is a question of personal preference, so it’s critical to consider your target audience.
The majority of visitors that wind up in a category concerning cats are almost certainly cat lovers, and the design of your website may even earn you some new devoted clients as a result.
In any area, this concept may be utilized, and it can help you stand out from other websites that employ the same dull themes on every page.
How to Add Custom Background for WordPress Pages
To show how to install a custom background for WordPress pages, I’ll use two different approaches in today’s post. The first method involves using your theme’s settings, and the second involves using the All-in-One Custom Backgrounds Liteplugin to create custom backgrounds for your site. To utilize the first option, you will need to install a theme on your WordPress website, which may or may not allow custom backgrounds, however the majority of themes do support custom backgrounds. Starting with the theme settings technique, let’s get started.
- Select Background Image from the drop-down menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You will want an image that has been stored on your PC.
- If you have already uploaded the image you wish to use, you can find it in the Media Library.
- If you haven’t already, go to the Upload Files tab and then click on the “Select Files” button to begin the process.
- When you’ve found the image you want, click on the “Choose Image” button to begin the selection process.
- You’ll be able to see what the background picture looks like now that it’s loaded.
- Once you have made your choices, click on the “SavePublish” button to save and publish it.
Of course, you may be accustomed to finding solutions to all of your problems through the use of plugins, and adding a custom background picture to WordPress is no exception.
Simple Full Screen Background Image may be found by typing its name into the search box provided.
Scroll down until you locate the Simple Full Screen Background Image plugin, then click the “Install Now” button to install and activate the plugin so that you can start using it right away.
When you click on this, the plugin’s main settings page will be displayed.
You must pick your image in the same way that you did with the previous technique.
Locate the picture in the Media Library and click on the “Use Image” button to insert it into the document.
Congratulations, you have successfully added a custom background picture to your website using two different techniques.
If your theme allows for custom backgrounds, approach one may be the most appropriate. If this is not the case, utilizing a plugin will be the next best alternative. Regardless of the option you pick, you should have no trouble creating unique backgrounds for your websites.
Developers have requested website personalization as one of the most desired plugins among the thousands of available plugins. There are several plugins available to assist you in creating a custom backdrop for your website. Here are a few plugins that I can strongly suggest.
Full Background Manager
Full Backdrop Manager is a very simple plugin that allows you to customize your desktop background. A box will appear at the bottom of every page editor, which will allow you to insert text instead of an image. If you choose, you may alter the backdrop color to a single solid color instead. In the event that this seems like something you’d be interested in undertaking, this plugin is for you.
Full Screen Background Images
Images for the Background of the Full Screen Not to be confused with Simple Full Screen Background Image, which is a different type of image. You may use it to create a slideshow as your backdrop image, which is something that is not available anywhere else. When you’re having trouble deciding on a background image, this might be really useful. and with this plugin, you won’t have to; you can add as many images as you like to the slideshow and have them all shown on your website.
Keep Your Website Innovative
Every day, thousands of new websites are launched, adding to the millions that are already in existence. It is necessary to maintain your website fresh and original in order to stand out in this sector, and this can be achieved by being creative. One method to stand out from the crowd is to simply change the preset themes that have been used numerous times before. Of course, being noticed is important, but you must also ensure that you have quality content to support your position. If visitors arrive to a site that appears to be interesting but contains nothing, why should they return?
What factors played a role in your decision to choose a certain image as the backdrop of your website?
How to Change Background Colors in WordPress
So you’d want to make a change to the background color of your website. It shouldn’t be too difficult, but here’s the rub. Every theme has a unique HTML code that is used to construct the various elements on your site. This implies that you must be familiar with the theme in order to be able to alter it properly. Sometimes there isn’t a solution that works for everyone, but you may be in luck in this case.
This might work
In your Customizer, put this CSS into theAdditional CSSsection and click Save (AppearanceCustomize). the body has a background of 05B0E7; This should result in a blue backdrop, and you can then alter the hexadecimal color code to whatever color you choose. If you want assistance in locating a hex code, you may make use of a code picker such as this. Because every theme is different, I cannot guarantee that the code will work, so here’s what I would suggest as a backup plan.
This definitely will work
First and foremost, I have a question: Is this the only modification you’d like to make to your vehicle? Alternatively, would it be desirable to be able to alter the size of the post titles as well as the color of the header?
If you’re looking to make a few little changes to your website, CSS Hero could be a good fit for you. CSS Herois the ideal tool for making visual customizations to your website’s appearance. You can, for example, do the following:
- First, let me ask a question. What other changes do you want to make to the vehicle? If not the size of the post titles, would it be wonderful to be able to customize the header’s colour as well? If you’re looking to make a few little changes to your website, CSS Hero may be a good fit for you. For creating graphic changes to your website, CSS Hero is the best tool for the job! You could, for example, do one of the following.
Our complete guide to CSS Hero is available here, but here’s a step-by-step guide on how to change your background color using it.
How to change your background color
Our complete guide to CSS Hero is available here, but here’s a step-by-step guide on how to change your background color using CSS Hero:
Start customizing your site
Using code, you can create adjustments like this if you know how to write CSS and identify appropriate selectors to utilize. Otherwise, you would most likely be unable to locate a copy/paste snippet online due to the fact that every theme is unique. CSS Herois a fantastic application that will save you a significant amount of time in certain situations. Apart from that, it is reassuring to know that you can always make style adjustments to whatever theme you pick in future. You can test out CSS Hero by clicking here, or you can read our guide to learn more about how it works.
Ben Sibley is the creator of Compete Themes, a company that specializes in WordPress theme design and development.
Changing background color of pages and posts
[email protected], You may accomplish this with the use of a third-party plugin. Please see the URL provided below-I hope the information provided above was useful. Greetings and best wishes, Manoj This plugin has been installed. It changes the background color on both sides of the screen, but not in the centre of the screen, where the content on a post or page remains untouched by the background color change. I’d want the white backdrop to be red, just like the margins of the image. Please see the attachment.
- Greetings and best wishes, Manoj [email protected], Based on the page id, you may supply custom CSS for the primary content of the website.
- page-id-278 div content background: red!important; div content div style You have the option of replacing the red color with a different one.
- Please refer to the articles given below for a better understanding.
- Greetings and best wishes, [email protected] Thank you so much for your assistance.
- [email protected], Yes, it is something you can do.
How to Add a Background Image in WordPress Theme
On February 26, 2018, Waseem Abbas published an article. Is it possible to include a full-screen background image on your website? WordPress themes either feature a white backdrop or a preset photo in the background as their default. You may replace it with a custom picture to get more attention from visitors. It is our goal in this article to show you how to add a background picture to your WordPress theme.
WordPress themes have an option to upload a new background photo by default, and this is the default setting. You may easily include the picture into your website by customizing it. In order to include a background picture in your WordPress theme, you’ll need to complete the following four steps:
- Step 1: Log in to your WordPress account using your credentials. Step 2: Navigate to the custom panel to configure the background image. Step 3: Upload your new background image and make any necessary adjustments. In order to see your new background picture, you must first publish the site.
Are you prepared to begin? Let’s get started!
Step 1: Login to WordPress Site with Your Credentials
The first step is to enter into your WordPress account using your username and password in order to view the site.
Step 2: Go to Custom Panel for Background Image Settings
Upon logging in, you should navigate to Appearance » Customize in your WordPress administration back end. It will launch the WordPress theme customizer, which includes a live preview of the theme. You must navigate to theBackground Imagetab on the left-hand side of the screen. In WordPress, you may now choose or upload a new image to use as the background image for your theme.
Step 3: Add Your New Background Image and Edit Settings
It is necessary to click on theSelect Imagebutton in order to upload or pick a background picture for this webpage. It will bring up a pop-up window containing photos from your media library for you to see. Simply choose a picture from your past uploads or upload a new one to use as the backdrop. Click on theChoose Imagebutton once the picture has been picked, and it will be set as the new background image for your WordPress theme. After you’ve uploaded the background picture, you’ll be able to see a live preview of it on the right side of the screen.
Step 4: Publish the Site to See Your New Background Image
When you are finished with all of the settings, click on thePublishbutton in the custom panel to save your changes. It will save the background image and make it available to visitors on the website. You have the ability to change the background image and its settings whenever you like. That’s all there is to it. We hope you have found this guide to be helpful in learning how to add a background picture to a WordPress theme. You might also be interested in our guides on how to align photos side by side in WordPress and how to learn about automatically renaming images in WordPress.
4 Steps to Change the Background Color of a Single Page in WordPress
As a WordPress site owner, it’s likely that you’ll find it beneficial to know how to alter the background color of a single page in WordPress. For example, you could wish to alter the background color of a certain WordPress category, such as Error Pages, from white to red. Because so many individuals who manage WordPress sites rely on the base program and plugins, many people are under the impression that WordPress does not allow them to alter the background color of a certain page or category.
How to Change the Background Color of a Single Page in WordPress
Because the purpose of this post is to assist everyone in learning how to change the background color of a single page in WordPress, we’ll offer you a brief overview of everything you’ll need to know to get started. Don’t be concerned if you’ve never worked with HTML or CSS before, or if you’ve never learned how to alter the background color in HTML. Please see our hand-picked collection of books for developers if you wish to learn more about them.
- Every web page is built on the HyperTextMarkupLanguage (HTML), which is effectively the “foundation.” It informs you what should be on the page, but it does not tell you how it should be shown. StyleSheets (CSS) are files that instruct your WordPress pageshow how to display information
- They are also known as stylesheets. CSS may be used in three different ways:
- As a separate file that you may refer to from within your HTML documents. This is common for sites that demand a great deal of customization in their style. This file is commonly referred to as “styles.css.” As a collection of rules contained within your HTML file. CSS can be used between style/styletags
- Within a single HTML element, it can be used. P/ptags, for example, are used to denote the beginning and end of a paragraph. You can use the HTML attribute “style” to make your paragraph tags look like this:p style=”color:red”/p style=”color:red”/p
Step 2: Beginning the Process
In order to proceed, you’ll need to enter into your WordPress Portal as an administrator first. Then you’ll need to create a new Page, which you can do by clicking here. As seen in the image below, you should be able to access the “Pages” menu item from the left-hand column of your Portal: Following that, you should be presented with a list of the Pages you’ve created. To create a new one for this lesson, click on the “Add New” button that we’ve placed inside a yellow box in the image above.
After that, you should be sent to a blank page template. Fill up the blanks with your own words if you choose! As soon as you’ve finished entering some sample data, “Publish”the page by clicking the blue “Publish” button located in the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 3: How to Choose Your Color
Following the completion of our setup, it is time to change the background of our singlepage! You’re going to have to pick a hue for yourself. I know what you’re thinking: “so something bright like green, red, blue, or yellow?” I understand your confusion. And the answer is, unfortunately, no! (Sorry for being so direct!) There are a variety of methods for specifying the background color of your web page using HTML and CSS. You are not restricted to what we commonly refer to as “colors.” In WordPress, there are three basic ways to set the background color of a page:
- Make use of a CSS “alias.” Colors have a plethora of “aliases” in CSS. For example, every popular hue, such as “green,” “blue,” and “red,” may be referred to by its name, rather than by its number. CSS does not distinguish between upper and lower case alias names. This means that you could use any of the words “GrEeN,” “green,” or “green” and they would all imply the same thing! The fact is that there are hundreds of aliases that you would never suspect. For example, “Bisque,” “Chocolate,” and “Linen” are just a few of the 147 aliases that CSS makes available. Check visit this website for a comprehensive listing
- Making use of “hexadecimal colors.” Without getting too scientific, you could theoretically create 16.7 MILLION different colors by combining hexadecimal colors. For this, you’ll need to make use of a “color picker.” These colors, which are commonly referred to as “hex” for short, are probably the most effective approach to achieve a genuinely customized page color! If you’re looking for a color picker, this website is a fantastic resource
The screenshot above shows our color selector in action. The current hex color is circled in red in two different locations. An initial “base slider” that moves horizontally is followed by a square selection in which you may drag the circle to get that color just perfect. 3. Finally, the “RGB”technique is a more recent approach of selecting colors. It is an abbreviation that stands for “Red, Green, Blue,” and it refers to the quantity of red, green, and blue that is present. Each value has a maximum value of 255.
Of course, there are other approaches to choosing a color, but these three should suffice for the purposes of this tutorial!
Step 4: How to Change the Color of a Single Page in WordPress
At this point, you should have your page all lined up with a certain color in mind. You’ll then need to visit the page that we created as an example and copy the “Page ID” that was generated. As we did earlier, go to the “Pages” option on the left-hand column menu and select the most recent page you just made. After you’ve clicked on it, take a look at the URL in your browser, which looks like this: It has to be in the formatpost= to work. In this particular instance, the number is “37.” While still on that page, hover your cursor over “Appearance” in the left-hand column menu, as indicated, and then click on “Customize” (see screenshot): After then, you’ll be sent to a new web page.
You will be able to modify the color of the HTML backdrop using this method.
You will now be presented with a page that has (most likely) an empty box of text.
The fact that your adjustments were unsuccessful does not imply that they were ineffective.
In order to change the background color of a single page in WordPress, copy the following CSS code, which takes into account the Page ID (represented by “XX” below) that we looked at and the color (represented by “YYY” below) that you selected: body.page.page-id-XX We’re ready to go after we’ve substituted your Page ID and color for theirs.
Following that, you may want to double-check that the color has been successfully changed.
Styles are frequently cached, and “Additional CSS” styles may not appear if you’re still signed in, so keep this in mind.
As a result, navigate to the page where “XX” is the page ID you discovered before. So, for our example, we chose the alias “green,” and here’s what it looks like (please note that we do not endorse this particular design choice!):
To change the background color of a single post is:
The post ID is represented by the prefix.post-XXX.
.post-XXX h2:hover.post-XXX To summarize, there are simply a number of tasks that you need to do. Contrary to what some websites claim, you do not require a plugin to change the background color of a page! Using WordPress, you may customize the background color of a single page as follows:
- Create a new Page in WordPress by logging in. Make a note of the Page’s ID by visiting the URL in your browser window. Alternatively, you may choose a different background color for the Page. Select “Appearance -Customize” from the drop-down menu. Select “Additional CSS” from the drop-down menu. Use the Custom CSS syntax “body.page.page-id-NN
- ” to display the body of the page. The “Additional CSS” you just added should be published. Check the page again after logging out to check that the style was successfully applied
It is possible that the above content contains affiliate links, which help to fund the site. Inventive Sequence Website security is really important. It’s possible that when you hear the word “WordPress security,” you envision encrypting databases and taking action. In most businesses, large or small, a central phone number is provided for clients to contact with queries or to place orders, regardless of size. If you haven’t already, check out the Table of Contents. When you create a website for your company or organization, you must first create a domain name for the site.
A primary aim of any WordPress administrator is to increase the amount of traffic that his or her site receives from search engines.
When you’re done with the Table of Contents, You can create a wide variety of documents using Google Docs, which is an incredibly versatile and simple-to-use program.
The following is a table of contents: Your Mac is almost certainly one of your most valued and personal items.
You can make advantage of How to make the most of your company’s internet presence in 2021 and beyond The spread of social media, starting with its humble beginnings as a Table of Contents As you become older and more mature, you may become aware of how out of date some of your old social habits are.
- The following is a table of contents: In the case of Facebook, it is a social networking site where anyone can easily register an account with no hassle.
- If you own a business, having an Instagram account is essential.
- One of the most popular has been Google Maps, a cloud-based program thatTable of Contents Email is one of the most widely used modes of communication, with more than four billion individuals having an email address in the globe.
- Extending the functionality of your browser may be a fantastic way to improve your computer experience.
- The following is a table of contents: Amazon is one of the most well-known online buying platforms in the world.
By browsing the Table of Contents, you will be able to purchase virtually anything you can think of. Seeing a sticker, whether it’s a price tag, a decal, or something a child received at school and stuck on the window, is a pleasant experience.
Adding a background to a specific page
The most recent update was made on May 14, 2019.
How can I add a background image/color to a specific page?
If you want to change the background of a specific page, you can do so by going to the Post Optionssection in thePage Editor and selecting a different image. Please keep in mind that the Post Optionssection will only display on the page backend when you have installed the pluginAdvanced Custom FieldsPRO. It comes pre-installed with Jupiter X and can be added to the system via the Jupiter XControl PanelPlugins, as detailed in this article. To add a backdrop to a certain page on your website. 1.From the Pages menu on the left-hand side of the WordPress dashboard, select the page to which you want to make a change in the background.
Article(s) that are related to this one:
- In Jupiter X, you can use a layout to create a specific page. In Jupiter X, using a separate sidebar for each page is possible.
Was this information helpful in answering your question?
How to Override the Background Color on a Post on WordPress
The information on your company’s blog may be quite useful and well-written, but it will be rendered ineffective if it does not stand out and capture the attention of visitors. The default background color of your blog articles may be changed to assist draw the attention of potential buyers to the content on it. You may change the background color of a post by altering the CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) background-color property to the color of your choosing in WordPress’ built-in editor’s HTML mode.
- Alternatively, you may use the “Posts” icon located on the Dashboard panel to the left.
- Select “Edit” from the drop-down menu that appears beneath the post’s title.
- When you place your mouse pointer in front of the first character of the post’s content, hit “Enter” to generate an empty line above the text.
- In the blank line above the post’s text, type in a “” tag with a new background color style in the “” tag you generated before.
- If you want to be sure the color change takes effect, click “Preview Changes.” To save your modifications, click on the “Update” button.
- Even more control over the design of your blog is possible if you host it on your own Web server and install WordPress on it. The WordPress application files must be uploaded to your web server using an FTP client. You will need your own domain name, a web hosting account, and a file transfer program to do this. Once WordPress is installed, you may alter the background color for all future posts by directly modifying the “Single Post” file, which can be located in the “Editor” part of the Appearance menu
- However, this will require you to manually edit the “Single Post” file.
- Some blog readers may find your postings illegible if you use an unreadable backdrop color, so be careful while selecting one. It is possible that the text in the foreground will be buried or blurred by the backdrop if a visitor has vision impairment or if his browser has inadequate color display capacity. Make use of contrasting backdrop and text colors to make it simple to discern the information from the surrounding environment.
Since 2002, Allen Bethea has been writing articles on a variety of computer-related topics such as programming, web design, operating systems, and computer hardware. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill awarded him a Bachelor of Science degree, as well as AAS degrees in office technology, mechanical engineering/drafting, and internet technology.
Allen has a wealth of knowledge and expertise with desktop and system software for both Windows and Linux operating systems, as well as other platforms.
Set a Background Image for Your WordPress Website
Time required to read: 6 minutes In a nutshell, any picture or video you put on your website creates your brand for the people that visit your site. As a result, background photos on your website are vital, and you should develop or pick them with your brand style and target audience in mind. A variety of methods for setting a background picture on your WordPress website will be covered in this lesson, so pay attention! Using screenshots and detailed instructions, I’ll walk you through the process of changing your WordPress background picture so that you can do it yourself.
When creating a background picture for your WordPress website, you’ll learn how to do it in the following ways:
- Using WordPress theme settings, you can add a background picture
- Using WordPress plugins, you can add background images
- And using CSS, you can add background photographs.
Option 1. Add a Background Image With WordPress Theme Settings
Many free WordPress themes allow you to upload a background image to use as a background. In this case, I’m employing a theme called Twenty Twenty-One, which is a straightforward go-to theme for blogs, portfolios and small enterprises. This theme also provides the option of using a background picture. Access the administration portion of your WordPress website. From this page, you can manage the majority of your WordPress settings. ClickAppearance, which has all of the configuration options for how your website appears.
- Select the number Twenty Twenty-One as your theme (or any other theme that allows you to have a background image).
- The Theme Customizer box will open, allowing you to select a background picture for your theme.
- You may customize your background image’s details, such as the alt text, title, caption, and description, by clicking on the Edit button.
- Following the selection of a picture and the saving of the settings, your WordPress background image will be changed to that image.
- Please remember to click on theSave Changesbutton in the top left to ensure that your modifications are preserved.
Option 2. Add a Background Image Using WordPress Plugins
Background images are available in many free WordPress themes. I’m using the Twenty Twenty-One theme, which is a straightforward, go-to theme for blogs, portfolios, and small businesses, among other things. The use of a backdrop picture is also permitted with this theme. Log in to the administration area of your WordPress site using your WordPress login credentials. Here is where you will manage the majority of your WordPress configurations. There is a tab called Appearance that contains all of the options for the appearance of your website.
- Choose the number Twenty Twenty-One as the topic of your presentation (or any other theme that allows you to have a background image).
- The Theme Customizer box will open, allowing you to select a background picture for your theme.
- Alternate text, title, caption, and description may all be specified for your backdrop picture.
- The use of alt text is always a good idea when optimizing your website for search engine optimization (SEO).
- You can now experiment with the variousPresetoptions (Fill Screen, Fit to Screen, and so on), which will allow you to customize the appearance of your background image to your liking.
Please remember to click on theSave Changesbutton at the top left corner of the screen, otherwise your changes will not be saved!
Option 3. Add Background Photos Using CSS
Once again, in order to use CSS to add a background picture to your WordPress site, you must either have a self-hosted WordPress site or subscribe to a premium plan on WordPress.com. Custom CSS will not only allow you to add a background picture to your website, but it will also allow you to make a variety of other modifications to the appearance of your website to make it seem exactly way you want it to. Navigate to the WordPress dashboard and choose AppearanceAdditional CSS from the drop-down menu.
- the body background-image: url( ): body “The background-position property is set to center center; the background-size property is set to cover; the background-repeat property is set to no repeat; and the background-attachment property is fixed.
- Individual posts on your WordPress website can also have their own unique backgrounds and graphics added to them.
- You will need to replace the URL of the picture you want to use with the URL of the image you want to use again.
- Don’t forget to click on theSave Changesbutton once you’ve finished making your CSS tweaks to ensure that all of your changes are saved.
Pay Attention to the Image Size
Prior to uploading any image to your WordPress site, consider the size of the image. It’s tempting to include a high-quality graphic in your post. This, on the other hand, may result in a faster loading time for your website. It may not appear to be a major concern, but the slower your website is, the higher the bounce rate, which means that more users abandon your website before reading or seeing its contents, which is not good. This, in turn, has an impact on your conversion rates. Google has said that two seconds is the optimal site speed, which is especially important if you own a business.
Therefore, the best approach is to maintain a healthy balance and only use high-quality images when absolutely necessary—that is, when they offer value to your material and only at the resolution that is required.
In this lesson, I demonstrated three different approaches to customizing the WordPress background picture.
- Through the theme’s look options, you may include a background picture. making use of a plugin to add a background image
- Incorporating custom CSS
It is possible that you may not require a background picture for your WordPress website. However, if you decide to use a background picture, keep in mind that it is an important aspect in establishing your brand’s style in the eyes of your target audience. As a result, be certain that your WordPress background picture accurately represents your company’s image. Content Writer on a Freelance Basis Arooha Arif is a Freelance Content Writer that works from home. She is excellent at copywriting, but her passion for long-form material — such as essays and blogs — much outweighs her interest in any other type of writing.
Arooha is devoted to developing tech lessons for Envato, which she does for a living.
Since then, she has learnt to code and is capable of researching and resolving any tech-related issue that she encounters in her work as a full-time freelance writer and editor.
When she is not writing, she enjoys reading classic books or poetry by Rainer Maria Rilke.
Her technical knowledge is merely a minor fraction of her overall competence. Aside from that, she enjoys writing material that is linked to SaaS, marketing, and personal development topics. If you wish to get in touch with her, you may do so using her email address, which is [email protected]